ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault oil filter Different?

clio diesel
Fred, you have just illustrated my point perfectly. That filter is the one recommended for the Williams (if that is a genuine renault part). But the original williams filter had a pore size of 10 microns on the filter. That has 25 microns.

Its shows the new spec filters are NOT the same as the originals.

Its up to 172 / 182 owners to test the filters for their cars, i dont know enough about the engines, but i guarantee 100 % the renault filters are not the right spec for the williams and valver engines.

I can drop the oil flow on my car (equivalent to 1 bar drop) just by changing from a champion to renault filter.

Anyway, you have admitted you fit genuine renault filters because you have to. If anyone would like to post up some values of pressure measurements from a f4r with a purflux or mann filer from renault on it i would be interested to see if book figure is achievable. I guarantee you wont get book figure from a healthy williams engine with a renault filter.

Last edited:
For any1 wondering for a new verison of Champion F136, new name is CHAMPION COF100136S and it's avaliable.. 1bar bypass opening valve, for all of your F7 blocks.. Will install it and see if there is any difference..