ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Petition/Complaints

The Jinx

So. Enough people seem interested. Lets sort something out. My colleague aint impressed with his new Laguna either so theres no need to mention Cliosport.

I reckon we draw up a form in its own thread and everyone post their interest. Then we put up a final list of all those interested to confirm it.

Then someone draws up that list in to the form and sends it off. We should request a meeting with someone at Renault UK to show we are approachable as well, and a nominated group go along to represent our views.

OK?

Golf 1.4 TSI

good idea, very diplomatic and shows the seriousness of the matter. nothing worse that just ranting and raving at them

Mr2 Roadster

As far as I see, were not being unreasonable, just asking for a more serious approach to service and workmanship. If only the people who worked at Renault were as passionate about the cars as we are on here!

Well maybe if you lot were a bit more assertive you wouldnt have a problem.

I have never had any troubles with renault dealers. Or any dealer but then again I dont look like I take it up the arse.

320d M Sport

not me but id deffo do this one, something needs to be done about several issues which are posted virtually daily now! its a joke.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 10 July 2003

Rhys, youll sign it in your own blood wont you?!:D

LMAO, u know you love reno really.
Damn right Paddy! Id use the last drop I have to do it :mad:

7.6cc :D

hmmmmm

just remember its only Renaults we bought, not bmws.

Yes, we all expect good service and would like good built quality, but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

WTF are you on about JillyB! you get what you pay for! dont talk such Rubbish, Renaults are no cheaper than any other mass produced car manufacturer and you dont get these sort of problems with a Ford or Vauxhall! I paid £9100 for my Clio I dont think thats very cheap!!! I could have got a similar specd Fiesta or Corsa for the same money but I wanted the Clio because I liked it and it had the best safety record! Sorry but you are talking utter rubbish!

You paid £9,100 did you, thats nice, i paid £13,500 and its still got bad build quality.

and you dont get these sort of problems with a Ford or Vauxhall umm ive had both and ...........yes you do.

i wanted the clio because i ilked it and it had the best safety record you still have that regardless????

I was refering to more expensive mass produced cars (i.e. bmw, saab, audi) you get better service there because you paid more basically, try getting any of those brand new for £9,100.

Dont get me wrong i love my car, but i dont have delusions of grandeur about what it is.

Oh, and you might want to try being less rude :)

My parents have had their 02 Corsa for over a year now, and they have had no problems with it whatsoever, and if you look at the most recent JD power survey you would see the service BMW and some of the other more expensive manufactures didnt do that much better than Renault considering the difference in price! Im not disputing what your saying but if everyone took your attitude then we would all put up with poor quality cars. And just to add to your bit about the more expensive cars, why was the Toyota Yaris voted as one of the best quality cars with the best dealer service in the survey. Thats not more expensive than the Clio yet Toyota can manage high quality?! Sorry but £9000 is not cheap in my opinion ok its not as expensive as other cars but to most people thats still an awful lot of money, after spending that much why should I adopt the attitude of "its a Renault" or "you get what you pay for" I dont care what it is it should not have so many problems!!!

Sorry rant over but it really annoys me when people say things like that

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 10 July 2003

Yes, we all expect good service and would like good built quality, but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
Eh??

At £70 for an oil change and £135 for a basic service - I expect a decent level of service at that price.

I would sign it as the rattleing sun roof has just about pissed me off now.

not to mention the useless central locking :|

Maybe im biased as i have never received a single problem from any Renault staff, in fact, i took my baby to Renault Wolverhampton yesterday, they serviced it and changed the temperature sensor for free, even though it was out of warrantee, they didnt have to do that. I think a lot depends on the attitude you go in there with.

Maybe im one of the lucky ones, but these franchise garages are running businesses, surely if they are rude or unsatisfactory, then take your business elsewhere, you are not tied to one specific Renault garage.

im same as jill i have never had a bad service from my dealer infact they have been very good to me so far and wouldnt hesitate in taking it back there

right, this thread has some good points, and some bad, and we would like to suggest that if you want to do anything official about complaining to Renault then you do it in a correct and proper manner, not turn this into a slanging match for anyone, either between individual members or between members and Renault.

Everybody has a right to add their comments to this thread, and if you dont want that then take it off-line ok?

You may decide to get the petition together and send it to Renault, and the first thread of this topic stated that this could be done without mention of the Cliosport name/club, but the "background" and "homework" to this little exercise is being carried out on the Cliosport Forum, and we will not tolerate a slanging match between members and Renault - this is not to say that you dont have the right to "talk" to Renault in a grown-up manner.

If members of the club wish to support the petition that is up to them, but Cliosport will NOT be involved in slanging matches between members and Renault ok?

Your co-operation with this will help !! Thanks.

well said no need to be rude or agressive about it. yes you might be annoyed that your cars rattle and sometimes fail and you have every right to be just be a little bit more mature about the way you do it that way you get a better responce i always find

ttfn

We have to make sure we differentiating the problem between problems with the car itself or dealer service. Some people are complaining about build quality, some are having problems with dealers. Personally my problem is with both..

Even though i love Cliosport.net i think its a bit spineless that Cliosport.net is not representing its members.

If we aim to make any difference at all it would have to be as a whole group, a petition of 10 people is frankly pathetic and not worth the effort.

-Rob

Rob, as stated, all members are free to take part in this, so if only 10 people want to sign it is because there are only 10 people that want to sign - Cliosport cannot and should not be expected to "find" people to sign - and unless it was 100% of the club I do not see why you should expect "the Club" to represent its members - the forum is giving anybody the opportunity to get involved if they so wish.

My point is, that its only worth doing if everyone agrees, or at least the vast majority as this is the only way we could actuallly make a difference.

Its all very well putting together a professional and polite way of saying " you bunch of w**kers" but we as a group have to decide what we are expecting as an outcome. We shouldnt underestimate our power (as a group), the modifying scene is huge in the UK and our cars must influence other people, im sure at least one person has thought "wow im getting a Renault" after seeing yours, jass, marcuss motors.

Otherwise as Mike says, we should take it like men and just accept it, we drive tin foil hatchbacks with average aftersales support, and if we accept it, we deserve it.

-Rob

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Rob, if ClioSport was spineless we wouldnt be half way through writing a dealer rating system would we?

As Kathy said, anyone that wants to get involved is free to do so. Personally Ive had no real problems with my car or my dealer, but if others have, Im not going to get in their way using this forum as a center for information gathering, but I would like to see it being done properly.

The Jinx

See whats happened. A few have taken it off-topic. Wed already decided in another thread that some of us wnated to do this so this thread is here to make it happen.

SO.

Back on topic. What does the form need?

Name | Location | Model | Dealership Problems | Car Related Problems |?

Or is this too much?

BTW. Could someone help spread this around to other clubs possibly?

Yeah but Mike youve already skipped stages!

Why are we doing this?
How are we going to do it?
What are hoping to get out of it?
Then get other clubs involved..weve seen the renaultsports club and the laguna sport club listed recently.

Once thats been done then get people putting in their pennies worth.

-Rob

I expect the build quality to be not so good, its a supermini after all. Though im hardly pleased with it.

I dont like the dealer service in general, no dealer has gone out of there way to help me, or have used any kind of intelligence to make the experience more pleasant for me. I find the staff inconsiderate and lazy in short.

I want the outcome to be this...a letter from my dealer saying they are sorry for making a bad impression and will do their upmost to give me the best service they possibly can. I just want an acceptance theyre in the wrong and are prepared to say sorry. At the very best (but not accepted) id like renault to tell us they will review customer service training.

-Rob

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

OK. How are we going to do it?

I suggest one person gives their email address and everyone emails their comments, then this person collates the info and gets it on a spreadsheet.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 10 July 2003

So. Enough people seem interested. Lets sort something out. My colleague aint impressed with his new Laguna either so theres no need to mention Cliosport.

I reckon we draw up a form in its own thread and everyone post their interest. Then we put up a final list of all those interested to confirm it.

Then someone draws up that list in to the form and sends it off. We should request a meeting with someone at Renault UK to show we are approachable as well, and a nominated group go along to represent our views.

OK?

In the meantime, contact Top Gear to see if they are interested in running an item about customer satisfaction, as this is just as important as featuring new cars and driving them around the track until their tyres are worn to shreds!

Then post details of meeting places en route, so that all those involved could convey to the Top Gear studio. I am sure that Renault might then change their attitude towards the people who have spent their hard-earned cash on their cars, only to find that when problems occur, they arent always competent enough to sort them and often show a complete lack of interest in the customer,.

This is in complete contrast to when you show interest in purchasing a car and they are all over you like a rash! Try phoning later to complain about a problem and the people you need to speak tpo are out on a test drive/ with a customer/ in a meeting/ out of the office and all the usual excuses. Well have him call you back and that is the last you hear from them!

I realise that there are some excellent Renault garages, few and far between, but I think it depends on whther or not they are franchised.