ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Rant

Renault have just taken my car back in for a week again!!! to fix a bad knocking noise when driving fast round left hand bends, So far they have changed both driveshafts done the suspension mod they keep saying its safe but havnt a clue whats doing it!!!

And to make it worse they gave me a 1.4 clio courtesy car (nice car 04 plate) but everyone wants to race all of a sudden, its a magnet for novas and all other cars that dont bother me when im in the 172

I hope its o.k when i get it back, Oh well Rant over

Theyve taken in RB_172s for a week as well as its been in for countless odd days to fix the same rattle from the gearbox area. Just cant see Renault working on them for a whole week tho!

TDI tyre shreader

Hahahaha sorry mate not laughing at you im laughing at renault, got mine back on friday last week and wed this week my washer bottle split

Mine goes in for a couple of day on monday for warrenty work on the gearbox, looking forwards to finding out what else they break!

Mines going in on the 24th. They asure me they will fix the rattling exhaust, and dodgy clicking clutch pedal and the metal on metal sounding rubbing noise on full lock!

I Also get a weird bounching, lose, knocking noise when cornering fast. (Its a hard to describe!) You can also feel it through the steering wheel??

My 172 did this knocking noise (metal on metal) , complained so much cos they couldnt fix it, ended up getting a 182 at a real cheap price. 182 does it to, not as drastic though, if any one gets it fixed, would be interested to find out what the problem is!! The clicking clutch pedal - anyone know why this is? can they fix it?.

CLIO

mines goin in for some warranty work next month, it went in for a 12000 service and they found a problem with the a/c, makin a weird sound in the dash{ive never heard it}, also they have fixed the whistling drivers wing mirror and im gettin a new fan for the a/c which is in the cabin light?????as they say...least its gettin done i supose...and another thing i need new rear padsas mine have started to split after 13000 mile..weird...

james

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

tell your dealer to check the renault technical bulletin board on renault net as there is a repair under testing at the moment. they need to contact renault technical for a part.

172 Exclusive

I have this exact same problem on my 94 valver i have changed the wheel bearing and drive shaft but its still doing it

Quote: Originally posted by RS182 on 13 August 2004

My 172 did this knocking noise (metal on metal) , complained so much cos they couldnt fix it, ended up getting a 182 at a real cheap price. 182 does it to, not as drastic though, if any one gets it fixed, would be interested to find out what the problem is!! The clicking clutch pedal - anyone know why this is? can they fix it?.
Someone pmd me this a while ago = metal-on-metal sqeaking sound when on right hand lock, this a prob with the fit of the top mount of the suspension. Apparently theres a note on Reno Actis system - the car requires a simple mod

[Edited by richross on 16 August 2004 at 9:59am]

They did the simple mod on the 172 it didnt work, all i ended up with messed up paint under the bonnet where they had marked what they had to do and then touched it up with the wrong colour paint not nice. It is on left lock, and its more of a clunking noise rather than a squeak.

Really thinking about changing from Renault altogether.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 13 August 2004

tell your dealer to check the renault technical bulletin board on renault net as there is a repair under testing at the moment. they need to contact renault technical for a part.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this repair is not the strut top mod its a new repair regarding pas pipes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also get a weird bounching, lose, knocking noise when cornering fast. (Its a hard to describe!) You can also feel it through the steering wheel??

Is this a repair for the metal to metal clunking noise as above, when turning, especially on bumpy ground. Does the include 182s?

[Edited by RS182 on 16 August 2004 at 4:17pm]

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there are two mods:-

1,knocking/metal creaking noise from shocker top areas. there is a strut top mod for this

2,knocking which sounds like behind the dash/centre console area. happens when cornering hard/aggresive. there is a part under test for this. dealers have to contact renault technical for it.

think both mods apply to 182 as well

Nissan Jewk

i get a knocking noise coming from the rear left wheel when i take right handers quick?

***UPDATE***

Just got home to get a message from Renault they have decided it needs a new gearbox (i suggested this and was told it was NOT the gearbox) its covered fully under warranty which is good but its going to take an extra 5 days(ish) to arrive from France

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

hope there right but at least you get a new box. i had one once where it banged and the driveshaft kept slipping in the diff. intially thought f**ked box but i found the subrame gearbox mount and the mount under the battery both loose.

Mines been in twice for the knocking front suspension while cornering. Last time it went was last week, they did the strut mod both times and the PAS mod first time (im almost sure it nowt to do with PAS) and guess what it;s started knocking again on the way home.

Not as bad but like the first time it will get worse.

Problem is we bought it S/H from the dealer so we can harldy hand them the keys back with the not fit for the use intended line.

They have told us it is nothing to worry about but if your nailing it round a bend it doesnt really fill you with confidence. (not that i nail it round corners, of course:devilish: )

Ill wait for it to get worse and take it back, trouble is we get the 1.2 everytime and nearly get rear ended pulling out of the dealership.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by casiodan on 16 August 2004

Mines been in twice for the knocking front suspension while cornering. Last time it went was last week, they did the strut mod both times and the PAS mod first time (im almost sure it nowt to do with PAS) and guess what it;s started knocking again on the way home.

Not as bad but like the first time it will get worse.

Problem is we bought it S/H from the dealer so we can harldy hand them the keys back with the not fit for the use intended line.

They have told us it is nothing to worry about but if your nailing it round a bend it doesnt really fill you with confidence. (not that i nail it round corners, of course:devilish: )

Ill wait for it to get worse and take it back, trouble is we get the 1.2 everytime and nearly get rear ended pulling out of the dealership.
apparantly the pas pipe bangs on the engine. the original mod was to move it but it didnt work. they are now doing this second mod with a new part.