ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Sport badge removal

Picking up my 182 next month and I want to remove the rear badges. Its just something thats a bit of a pet hate and since the advent of the wordy processor Ive always thought underlining was naff :)

Do they just pull straight off without leaving any holes?

TIA

PS Can i swap the side badges for ones that say 1.2 or dCi as well? lol

C4 Grand Picasso

The badges will leave 2 small holes.

The side badges clip off quite easily, and can be swapped.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

is the clio one really drilled in???

they used to do that on older cars, but stopped bcoz water cud get into the holes and then cause rusting... i really wud had thought that all the badges were stuck on thesedays!

im off

l8rs!

Da

Less

got some door badges 1.2 if your interested mate...? lol :p Just clip off mate, v.easy!

insignia

in my view,it wud be crazy taking RenaultSport badge off the back.I can understand the Clio badge removal yes,but remove the RenaultSport?? Crazy. Its your car and your decision.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

sounds bit silly to me...even if the thing says 1.2...but had 182 twin exhausts....renault sport wider wings etc etc, itd just be odd cause i would sure as hell know it wasnt a 1.2 ...suppose people might think u had a 1.2..converted to look exactly like a 182..but dont really understand the point in doing this really....

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by adder on 15 May 2004

Picking up my 182 next month and I want to remove the rear badges. Its just something thats a bit of a pet hate and since the advent of the wordy processor Ive always thought underlining was naff

Do they just pull straight off without leaving any holes?

TIA

PS Can i swap the side badges for ones that say 1.2 or dCi as well? lol
Make sure you do so that you can get them back on easily, or selling the car might be a problem, as i know I wouldnt buy one without them.

Good move! Can confirm theyre stick on. Its a shame with the Clio one because i would of removed it straight away. The big Renault badge above the numberplate is enough..

-Rob

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i personally think you are mad, why the hell would you want to deface a brand new car? especially a 182? some ppl.

(Just my opinion)

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

because badges are for gays! de badgin all the way baby esp ones that say sport/turbo etc ugggh! :cry:

Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by jabba the slut on 18 May 2004

because badges are for gays! de badgin all the way baby esp ones that say sport/turbo etc ugggh! :cry:
Well said...totally agree

BMW 330d :)

People that say that normally dont have a renaultsport model and thats why they dont mind taking the normal badging off. If you had a renaultsport you would want everyone to know it so they knew not to mess!

If youve paid more for the car you wouldnt want it to look more like the bog standard clio!! Just silly talk IMO!

Fraser

Quote: Originally posted by Frasers Cup on 18 May 2004

People that say that normally dont have a renaultsport model and thats why they dont mind taking the normal badging off. If you had a renaultsport you would want everyone to know it so they knew not to mess!

If youve paid more for the car you wouldnt want it to look more like the bog standard clio!! Just silly talk IMO!

Fraser
SPOT ON !

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Fraser

ding, ding, spot on! ;)

Cheers guys. Oh and i was just trying to show adder the error of his ways before he defaced a work of art! lol. The cliosport badges show that you have something rather more special than standard and it would make it look more like a supermini rather than a flame-spitting hot-hatch! If you dont want the badges, dont buy the car that they are attached to. Go for a 1.2 instead!

Fraser;)

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 18 May 2004 at 3:10pm]

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 18 May 2004

Fraser
SPOT ON !

na mate its better if they dont know its a sport then people do try it on! why on earth would u want people not to mess :confused:

ps he obviously does want it to look more standard as do I and many others!! i think its called de-badging and i heard its stylish, classy and stealthy, not for those youngsters who wanna show off their bling bling mind! ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

people who go out of their way to egg on others and create better opportunities for racing on public roads are just idiots. Full Stop>.

[Edited by Gaz2130 on 18 May 2004 at 4:02pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 18 May 2004

people who go out of their way to egg on others and create better opportunities for racing on public roads are just idiots. Full Stop>.

[Edited by Gaz2130 on 18 May 2004 at 4:02pm]
I gotta agree with you Gaz mate.

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

LOL i think i need reminding as to why people buy these cars in the first place (im sure weve got a whole section here dedicated to drivin tales hmm)if they think only total idiots look for races, i think its u lot that should be in the 1.2s not the other way round ;)

Most people dont know what a Renault Sport is. If they do, its likely theyd be able to tell a 172 from a 1.2 anyway. Take them off!

-Rob

LOL i think i need reminding as to why people buy these cars in the first place (im sure weve got a whole section here dedicated to drivin tales hmm)if they think only total idiots look for races, i think its u lot that should be in the 1.2s not the other way round ;)
Naaaa mate, I just leave the racing to the 1/4 mile strip and then I always have the opportunity to see what the car can do on track days too. Racing on the public highway can have some very serious and life changing consequences, that is my opinion and I am not afraid to admit it.

I enjoy going fast but there is a time and a place for this kind of driving and I am not about to put myself or other people in danger just to be baited into a contest to see who has the bigger genitals.

:eek:

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

i never said i went out lookin for dangerous races thou did i, im actually quite careful in that respect and leave races which either start gettin hairy etc or go into silly speeds. but i did buy my car coz its quick & not just coz of its shiny badges etc :)

I am not saying you race mate, I was just saying that I dont do that myself. I bought the 172 cos it was quick too but then I think the badges look right and to debadge it would cheapen its appearence but then we all have our own opinion which is what modding our own cars is all about.

:)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i never said i went out lookin for dangerous races thou did i, im actually quite careful in that respect and leave races which either start gettin hairy etc or go into silly speeds. but i did buy my car coz its quick & not just coz of its shiny badges etc :)
racing is racing though, and there is so much that can go wrong, no matter how good a driver you are, or how careful you are, there is always the unexpected, a tyre blow for example, and racing just makes things so much worse. Not a good idea.

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

agreed :) i was tryin to answer multipe points at one go werent aimed specifically at u mate!

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 18 May 2004

thats ok, not getting b*tchy or anything.
Yes you are Gaz ! Saucer of milk, table 2 ! Meeeeeeeeow ! LOL !

;)

Just messing mate, I cannot even remember what the topic of this thread was now !

:oops:

Mr2 Roadster

Debadging all the way...

I would hate people to know I had a turbo, I get enough idiots try and race me as it is when they realise what Im driving.

As was said those who care its a sports model will know anyway. Those who dont know wont care. I still get people ask what I drive and when I say Uno they ask if its quick, when I say turbo most of them ask if I built it as they have never heard of Uno Turbos.

Its the stuck up middle age £30k+ cars that get a shock. They think I just have a silly exhaust. (which I do)

De-badging is for spotty teenagers with 1.0ltr novas that dont want people to know that there is a lawnmower engine under the bonnet. You dont see bmw m3 owners or 911 turbo owners debadging their cars do you? Its alright for the underpowered cars but not proper sports cars and hot hatches. As said before it cheapens the car even more, by leaving the "renault" badging on and removing the only badges with kudos attached to them! You know it makes sense leaving them on!

Fraser

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 19 May 2004 at 12:07am]

Its an option to delete badging on the M3. My dad had no badge :)

I thought most spotty teenagers up-badged their cars, swapping VTS for VTR badges, putting RenaultSport on their 1.2s etc.. ;)

-Rob

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 19 May 2004

Its an option to delete badging on the M3. My dad had no badge :)

I thought most spotty teenagers up-badged their cars, swapping VTS for VTR badges, putting RenaultSport on their 1.2s etc.. ;)

-Rob

exactly mate- i think theres some sort of parallel universe goin on in this thread ;)