ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repsol oil for Clio 182?

Clio 182
I just won 4l of Repsol oil on time attack. I use Elf Evolution SXR 5W40 and i don't know what should i take now. I use my car for daily driver and time attack once a month (few laps so i'll get more oil :D).
I'm not sure if i should take Repsol Elite Faster 5W50 or (100% synthetic), Repsol Elite Evolution 5W40 or Repsol Elite Competition 5W40?

Cheers!

Clio 182
major not mayor. facepalm.gif

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Hope this direct viscosity comparison will help. Here is the viscosity charts of the 4 oils: ELF Evolution SXR 5w40, Repsol Evolution 5w40, Repsol Competicion 5w40 and Repsol Carrera 5w50 (I can't find the tehcnical datasheet of Repsol Elite Faster 5w50. I quess the Carrera's viscosity is close to the Elite Faster's property):

repsol_vs_elf.jpg

Both 5w40 Repsol engine oils are bit thicker at all temperatures compared to the ELF Evolution SXR. 5w50 oil is way thicker at all temperature, of course (despite it's 5w). If I were you, I would choose Repsol Competicion 5w40.