ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoration Man; Mk1 Naples Valver.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Wheels are letting it down, but it might be the angle/light. Other than that, looks awesomesauce.

You been on Clio16valver?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wheels are letting it down, but it might be the angle/light. Other than that, looks awesomesauce.

You been on Clio16valver?

They are a lot brighter than that pic shows.

I went on there years ago. Not really busy enough for me and nobody seems to have my humour.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Why do you think I don't keep the dog kennel immaculate?

I've had mint cars before and it's gutting when they get a stone chip, parking dent or some cu*t keys it,
I prefer to have a car that's a bit scruffy so any new marks on it don't upset me.

Having a car you don't want to drive because it might get marked or dirty isn't healthy tbh,
it's like having a super model as a girlfriend but not shagging her because she's too pretty.

There's no point in owning it if you don't drive it mate.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
very very nice dan i seen it before it was painted looked good but me and dave said you might need to see someone

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
very very nice dan i seen it before it was painted looked good but me and dave said you might need to see someone

LOL!! You wouldn't be the first. I had some whale type music on down the yard tonight. Polishing away like a lunatic. I imagine I looked very similar to how Ian beale looked tonight on eastenders...

Got a little update coming.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So tonight was THE night. My mate went down (while I was at work bless his cotton socks!) and fitted the new sunroof seal and the sunroof.

I went down at about 830 and set about washing it, polishing it then waxing it. I also fitted my new tailgate badges as they really se the rear end of a car off. No amount of cleaning can make old badges look as good as new ones. Good job seeing as they were nearly £40 for the pair!!!

bb0ab65d.jpg

Apologies about the photo's. Straight off the phone and into photobucket.

Preying for a semi dry day on saturday now.

So I used pure water from the window cleaning guys supplies (ssshhhh!!! he doesn't need to know) and then dried it using an airline. I didn't want to touch the paint any more than needed as its still probably a bit soft.

3e84fe0e.jpg

I then polished it using SRP. Twice.

db4729e4.jpg

Then I set about giving it 3 coats of Hi def wax.... Followed up with 2 coats of EGP. Another two coats will be going on tomorrow.

370aee66.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
That is actually MINT! If only i could drive one without pressing all 3 pedals at once...

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
This s**t makes my dick real hard.

I know its wrong.

But I dont even care. I miss my valver soooo much!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Stunning, I may of missed it but what's happening with the centre caps?

Being delivered tomorrow. My mate painted them for me in Audi Grey and then satin lacquer. I'm excited about them, is that gay?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
How is the car mechanically? Does it have good history? How many owners? Mileage? Belts been done etc? Just all this body work I'm assuming it's spot on? Looks awesome btw. Miss my old white valver. They do lack torque though but love to rev

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How is the car mechanically? Does it have good history? How many owners? Mileage? Belts been done etc? Just all this body work I'm assuming it's spot on? Looks awesome btw. Miss my old white valver. They do lack torque though but love to rev

4 owners, 51k, belts done at 48k. Doesn't leak a drop of oil or water, starts first time everytime and is honestly fantastic to drive. It wants for nothing. (I just need to find the rattle/squeek behind the dash because it annoys the f**k out of me)

There's no way i'd have blown all this money on a 100k+ 12 owner example I can assure you.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Being delivered tomorrow. My mate painted them for me in Audi Grey and then satin lacquer. I'm excited about them, is that gay?

I was excited about tyres being delivered lol will look perfect once the caps are on!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
sooo, how much will it be for sale for to make way for your next project?....

Tbh mate if someone wants it they can make me an offer. If my tax bill is big then I'll advertise it but if I don't have to sell it I won't. Just means I need to find somewhere to store it because i'm fcuked if I'm leaving it outside!!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Was out car shopping last week and my dad told me to ask for best cash price... I cringed at that.

I know the feeling with ending up with a mint car, you know it inside and out, and to hell if it ever gets rained on, driven, grit, mud etc on it!

EDIT:

John, lol, i'll have to try that one some time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
TBH, its not as mint as i'd like. If I had endless money and enthusiasm i'd replace all 7 glass panels with brand new and get new window rubbers. But I have to stop somewhere.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just get the outer bottom runners that always bubble in the corners - makes a massive difference.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
One of them is fine and hopefully I've got a spare one on my track car to make two good ones. Hopefully.

330i. E30 Touring.
Looks awesome.

Know what my anal eye focuses on though- the fact the plates are screwed on and not stuck.

Evo 5 RS
Epics.

It's a mugs game though :( Wanting for levels of perfection on something that ultimately comes into contact with with ZEE WORLD

Bumder With A Buffer
I've been looking at getting a valver again for years. I miss my old one despite it being a money pit :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've been looking at getting a valver again for years. I miss my old one despite it being a money pit :(

I wouldnt want one as a daily, the 172s are so much better IMHO

Still love how they look and drive though so wouldnt want to be totally without one.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My Bora's still here and I still fancy a hot Clio.....

SWAPSIESS.

Seriously looks the danglers.