ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
Pmsl at that nutter in that van, talk about cutting it close. Car sounds mint by the way Jamie ;)

cheers mate!

that guy also did some mad overtaking before the motorway, crazy bastid.

wish you got the first overtake on vid! lol

very impressed with how that pulls! sounds lovely popping on the motorway too! :cool:

cheers mate!! cant beat a bit of popping but that is the only time when it pops when let off at 7k lol

Mk1 F4R
Well it was about same speed up to top end of 4th then he started to pull away and he was infront at the lights.
For the amount of money that has been spent on that car you could of had 10 valvers, more even

JDM Dc2
Well it was about same speed up to top end of 4th then he started to pull away and he was infront at the lights.
For the amount of money that has been spent on that car you could of had 10 valvers, more even

id LOVE to have a race from a stand still in the dry as the other night was pissin down and in 3rd and you probably started to accelete earlier than me as i seen you catch up so i thought... lets have some fun then...

and... i couldnt have had 10 valvers with the money ive bought and spent on it so far... well rather have mine anyways but i do like valvers tbf

JDM Dc2
haha you get the speedo working? how?

jon, aka shawspeed (who did my engine)... plugged in the omex as i asked him to make sure the limiter is set at 7.9 and it was so i asked him to set it as soft cut at 7.8k and hard cut at 7.9k... and while he was at it he sortid it for me... and his words were 'if i told you, i would have to kill yer' lol... just soo glad its workin now, and milometer :approve:

JDM Dc2
Car sounds awsome. How quick is it? Quicker than a 172?

quicker than a 182... had a little fun with one of my mates who has a blue 182 with a scorpion cat-back (sounds the mutts nutts) and we both put our foot down and i was loosing him slightly :D

320d
quicker than a 182... had a little fun with one of my mates who has a blue 182 with a scorpion cat-back (sounds the mutts nutts) and we both put our foot down and i was loosing him slightly :D

Fair enough, I expected it to be a little bit quicker, with it being so light.

were you at trax jamie? LOL.....same seats/roof/colors!

DSC_0454.jpg

Homo spec mazda
Looks like going for the same scheme as jamie then. Same seats? (for now) getting rid of the green samcos for red, Red calipers. Hmm

BMW M5 & E36

Vid or GTFO. Also a pic to prove the 182 owner has arms and legs and the car has an engine.

JDM Dc2
Looks like going for the same scheme as jamie then. Same seats? (for now) getting rid of the green samcos for red, Red calipers. Hmm

yep thats stes car your on about, looks the same but just isnt lol

and whitley ask jord if dale has arms and legs ;)

JDM Dc2
Set out on doing the job ive been avoiding really tbh fitting the backplate for the filter or air box...

so i thought itll be worth it in the end so i started, before (took this last nght thats why its blurred lol) -

Image014-11.jpg

removed the trumpets and gave the bodies and trumpets a good clean -

Image039-3.jpg

the as the bolts i got last night were 40mm as b&q didnt have 30mm ones in so i had to cut a little off -

Image056-2.jpg

everything ready -

bhl.jpg

just to see the difference -

Image055-3.jpg

then made a template out of paper then copied it on to cardboard to see how itd line up, the first attempt wa quite a way out tbh this is the second -

Image058-2.jpg

that lined up pretty well so i went with it then copied erything over on to the back plate, marked everything out then punched the centre of the 40mm holes with one of my darts lol -

hu.jpg

after cutting the holes i then did the holes for the bolts and the air sensor -

h7juk.jpg

looking good so far so i lined it uo to see how it was, needed a little tweaking but this is how it looks fitted atm -

Image061-1.jpg

as you can see in this pic... -

kol.jpg

... not too bad for a first effort just need to remove 2 of the trumpets and file the bit that you can see down and get a M10 nut for the air sensor, then jobs a good un'
shades.gif

what a long 3 hours that was lol, need to shave a little off the air box now or try and push the slam panel out very slightly as it won't slide between the trumpets and slam panel lol.

JDM Dc2
well removed 2 of the trrumpets filed the bits down etc... then fitted tghe airbox, what a tight fit that was between the trumpets and slam panel, hope nothin ever goes wrong with the alternator as the baskplate is right up against it with about 2mm spare lol plus will be one hell of a struglle to remove the airbox now lol...

pics
w00t.gif

note the bodged on air con ducting as i need to order some proper 76mm ductiug with a trumpet from tweeks, but this is fine for now lol

byqay.jpg

bartb.jpg

byqy.jpg

naer.jpg

took it fr a soin, soooooooo much quieter sounds like ive just got a pipercross induction kit lol, i miss ther howl from the bodies, but its for the best
smile.gif

after i took these pics i gave the bay a good going over blinged everything uo ready for the RSOC show at donny, gonna gove it a good clean inside and out tmoz
smile.gif

VRS
where does the feed lead to fella? will this provide a better airflow over adding a sausage filter? i take it the slam panel and rad etc hinder the trumpets directly from the front?

JDM Dc2
where does the feed lead to fella? will this provide a better airflow over adding a sausage filter? i take it the slam panel and rad etc hinder the trumpets directly from the front?

leads to where the fog light used to be... yeh as there was not cold air feed to the sausage filter and like you said the slam panel is in the way of any direct airflow to the sausage filter so the airbox with the feed is best for the job :D, fookin ball ache that base plate was and to get the holes to line up perfectly needed abit of tweakin' ;), its not comin off for a while put it that way lol, unless something happens to the alternater lol

JDM Dc2
went to RSOC national day yesterday and got 2 bargains...

one TRS 4-pount 3" all round harness brand new in red for 80quid and some red stuff pads for 50quid...

ordered some genuine ford 300mm discs to go with the pads hopefully theyll be here wednesday...

just fitted the ducting which i picked up from demontweeks earlier -

Image139.jpg

Image137.jpg

Image138.jpg

the trumpet isnt finished yet gonna paint the inside of it black so its not as noticable...

also got another TRS 4-point 3" all round harness in red to go wwith the one i got yesturday, gonna fit them once the rear strut brace has been welded in
smile.gif