ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

depends how the backbox is made....if its shite design inside its quite a bit of work, if its decent its an easy swap

JDM Dc2
Bet there's some weight in them, they look really chunky.

no joke the lightest wheels ive ever picked up mate...

biggrin.gif

Image056-3.jpg

cry.gif
...they didnt fit, literally against the caliper all round and the whell wouldnt budge spacers didnt/wont even help this

herg.jpg

orr well at least ive tried
sad.gif

JDM Dc2
Cough cough.

sorry mate, and you :D

Looks quality this Jamie, how much does it weigh out of interest?

860kgs... so around 185bhp/tonne :D

Went to the local scrap yard and got this for a fiver... i know i said i wouldnt get one for this ZS but now im glad i got it now -

Image000-20.jpg

Image043-4.jpg

Image057-1.jpg

Image060-1.jpg

left over from when i did my cold feed for the airbox... 76mm ducting, the splitters like 2mm above... so yeh its low lol

Image063-1.jpg

cool.gif

JDM Dc2
right drivin a nice 6 1/2 hour round trip today with 2 stops lol... to get this (yes its going dark and yes i need a new camera lol)...

Image085-1.jpg

dvb.jpg

OMP 6-point half cage... *waits for replys 'why didnt you get a full cage, i would of*

gonna be gettuing painted red sometime this week after ive had the plates welded in...

the door bars need to be a little longer imo tho, also sonna get some 4-5mm steel tmoz and get some where to cut like L brackets out of it to mount the base of the cage behind the seats.. but after lookig just the seam of the floor pan is dirctly below where it needs to bolt down...hmmm help pls anyone...

JDM Dc2
after sanding -

mkrnid.jpg

after 1st coat -

red.jpg

going to grind off the paint when my step dad gets home with the grinder then just wedge it in place, gonna get some 4-5mm steel either later on or tmoz... then hopefully get it welded in either wednesday or thursday... gonna get the bottom of the main hoop welded in and the bars going to the rear arches gonna bolt them in... gonna do the doors bars after the main part of the cage is in
biggrin.gif

Mk1 F4R
Wots that 6 point fal cage going to do in a crash apart from nothing and the splitter im sorry doesnt go aswell with this zs the black one yes but not this one
'why didnt you get a full cage'
They aint door bars at all, are they to hold up the main hoop :eek:

JDM Dc2
Wots that 6 point fal cage going to do in a crash apart from nothing and the splitter im sorry doesnt go aswell with this zs the black one yes but not this one
'why didnt you get a full cage'
They aint door bars at all, are they to hold up the main hoop :eek:

funny, funny and... funny

dony care what you think tbh

JDM Dc2
i aint skimping at all! i just like this cage thats all..

i got a sheet of 4mm steel yesterday for the strengthenin plates and ive booked it in for 6pm on thursday evening with a guy who we know, so hes gonna cut the plates then make 2 of them into an L shape for the main hoop then hes gonna weld all the plates in and the cage to the main hoop plates then gonna bolt the cage to the rear arches to make it easier for the future... roll on thursday!
biggrin.gif

JDM Dc2
woop! cage is in...

first made templates for the strenghtening plates on the rear arches...

Image090-1.jpg

then made the real thing out of 4mm steel and he heated it up and bent it to suit, then welded in...

Image082-1.jpg

Image075-3.jpg

then the ones for the main hoop, made out of 5mm steel this time, didnt need to make templates, heres one of them in place ready to be welded in...

Image077-2.jpg

then welded them in, then welded the cage to the them...

Image086-1.jpg

Image084-1.jpg

and this is how it looks atm -

Image091-1.jpg

Image092.jpg

just need to now touch up the cage as you can see and im gonna take the seats out on sunday maybe and sand down all the rust and re-spray all the floor

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Were the first welds done by stevie wonder sat on a washing machine at full cycle?

Hes on about the chassis plates, not the cage... All the paint was off, I sanded it! Its because the metal is galv and wafer thin

JDM Dc2
Hes on about the chassis plates, not the cage... All the paint was off, I sanded it! Its because the metal is galv and wafer thin

yeh thats what i mean, the steel plates he made on the rear arches, was like setting on fire cos he didnt get all the paint off wasn it, that reminds me, better hammerite over the wleds in the rear arch tmoz

yeh thats what i mean, the steel plates he made on the rear arches, was like setting on fire cos he didnt get all the paint off wasn it, that reminds me, better hammerite over the wleds in the rear arch tmoz

No, the welder will just burn through it, its just the type of metal

Does it go fast enough to worry about the risk of rolling? :D

Unfortunately not I dont think. lol.:race:

JDM Dc2
went to the lakes yesterday with the ZSOC lot, here are some pics of the slow car -

camdowload401.jpg

camdowload415.jpg

camdowload422.jpg

loved these roads, some were pretty scary tho lol

camdowload428.jpg

hardknott-ck.jpg

that was bloody scary goin up in the wet lol

JDM Dc2
just been painting/touching up everything...

before-

Image092.jpg

Image000-21.jpg

Image026-3.jpg

then the rears -

Image083-2.jpg

as you can see slightly in that pic ive painted the inside of the rear quarters black, looks so much tidier imo -

Image080-2.jpg

just need some silver now then im gona do all the floor
shades.gif

JDM Dc2
guess whos back?

bsdv.jpg

cant wait to hear what it sounds like in abit, as i never heard it with the back plate on
w00tdance.gif

was really suprised how clean the inside of the bodies were

was watching top gear and heard that cateram r500 and thought 'i wish mine still sounded like that'... so i went outside literally 20mins ago, and did this damage while removing the airbox -

Image006-21.jpg

ive strightened them as much as poss.. hopefully theyll be fine

also repainted all the floor again and put my other aseat back in earlier

JDM Dc2
Ummmmmm I think that will have a negative effect on the flow of air.

like i said ive bent them back to how they were or near enough, will get some pics up in abit...

drove it last night and im glad ive put the filter back on, been missing the sound, and the car feels just the same as it was :D

Lol at the bitching in this thread. Looks good to me, not my thing but good all the same for a track car . . . ?

JDM Dc2
picked up my oil temperature and pressure gauges from jon @ shawspeed last night -

Image014-13.jpg

sensors and tee piece for the pressure sensor -

Image010-9.jpg

just waiting for a braided hose for inbetween the tee piece and pressure sensor and there aint enough room for it to go staight onto the tee piece also a adapter for the temp. senor to fit into where the sump plug goes, and with the order of them to ive asked john to order me a new trumpet for the worst one i bent the otheer night...

just removed the lower strut brace as it knocking quite badly on the gearbox and its that bent (caused by hitting that kerb at the meet the other night) its blocking undoing the sump plug -

Image013-14.jpg

where the gearbox has been knocking on it -

vnchax.jpg

got some new bolts and nyloc nuts from ford, old vs new -

njbvsd.jpg

when i drive the car later if i can really feel the difference without the lower strut brace ill leave it, if i can tell the difference then ill order a new one from zippyracing along with some rear polybushes
smile.gif

JDM Dc2
well been wanting to get either a new back box or a smaller tip, and tonight i did something about it and went to a place called pipewerx...

make way 3.5" outwardly rolled -

ghwe.jpg

hello 2.5" straight cut -

Image005-19.jpg

will get some better pics tmoz as it was abit of a rush earlier, but yeh sounds a little quieter but all in all chuft tbh!