ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road angel vs road angel compact

www.renparts.co.uk
Im considering buying one of the above on friday. The only real differences are the way its updated (computer USB is fine for me) and the RA2 has a laser detector. However the RA2 is built in whereas the compact needs to have an external one. I figured don't you have to purchase an external one anyway becuase of the reflective windscreen so theyre essensially the same thing other than the RA2 having built in laser detector? It seems a waste of £100... when i need to spend £50 getting a mountable sensor whichever i buy because of the reflective windscreen in the clio. am i right?
thanks
josh

BMW M3
Dont think the laser is affected by the screen. Just GPS. The additional laser with the compact works 360 degrees which is pretty cool.

Ive got a RA2, but if i was you would get the compact and the extra £100 for the RA2 isnt really justifiable.

106 GTi
Yeah its the GPS siganal that are effected by the screen, in both cases you will need the antenna, and in the compacts case a laser sensor to.

For the price if I was buying now I would get the compact, but the RA2 has just been updated, with extra features. (wasnt on there site the other day - speed limit feature as compact and battery back up powered after a charge so wire free dash) so I woldnt buy to soon.

Both the Compact and RA 2 are updated by USB and a PC arent they?

i went for the compact just because of the price, and its really good.. i drove about 400 miles in a couple of days and it picked up all the speed cameras along the way.. plus it is alot smaller than the RA2, looks neater i reckon..

www.renparts.co.uk
compact it is then. Where is the cheapest place to purchase a number plate mounted laser sensor and a aux ariel that will reach to my parcel shelf?
thanks
josh

106 GTi
The only place I could find the antenna with a 5m cable to reach the rear shelf was from Blackspot themseleves, everyone else on did the 3m ones.