ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's 1.2 Extreme 16V

1.2 16V
Hello,
I bought my first car, a 1.2l 16V Extreme 4 (05 reg) last Wednesday! I've got a couple of basic pictures taken in my driveway, will try and find a decent place to take a few proper ones soon!

Mods done:
- Fitted Sony CDX GT550UI Headunit
- Fitted In Phase XTC6930 6x9 speakers in my parcel shelf, due to the lack of any rear speakers.

Mods in the pipelines:
- Front & rear diamonds in Anthracite Grey
- Side bullets in Anthracite Grey
- Silver Carbon dash strips

Mods for the future:
- Ph2 172 wheel 16"
- Cup Spoiler
- RS Grille
- Splitter (been advised to get skoda splitter)
- Ph2 172 front & rear bumper
- Component speakers in the front
- Amp speakers
- 16V lettering on side bullets painted white or blue
- Gear insert painted Anthracite Grey with white or blue decal
- Steering Wheel insert painted Anthracite Grey with decal
- Dial rings surround painted white or blue

Picture before any mods:

DSCN3338RobertsClio.jpg

DSCN3337RobertsClio.jpg

Thanks for reading, any suggestions are more than welcome! :cool:

hi mate! The plans sounds good, looking forward to it!:) I've got an extreme too, check out my thread if you want! (Project Benga)

1.2 16V
Well today I fitted my front diamond and side bullets (all sprayed anthracite), and tomorrow I am picking up some silver carbon dash strips. I have paid for a type r aerial, as my current one is a monstrosity that means my car can't actually fit in the garage unless I take it off!

What do people think for the lettering of my side bullets? Currently the whole bullet is anthracite, but I am hoping to touch-up the 16V with a different colour. I was thinking white, black or blue, but I'm not sure. Anyone got an opinion, or a different colour idea?

Pictures to follow! :approve:

Well today I fitted my front diamond and side bullets (all sprayed anthracite), and tomorrow I am picking up some silver carbon dash strips. I have paid for a type r aerial, as my current one is a monstrosity that means my car can't actually fit in the garage unless I take it off!

What do people think for the lettering of my side bullets? Currently the whole bullet is anthracite, but I am hoping to touch-up the 16V with a different colour. I was thinking white, black or blue, but I'm not sure. Anyone got an opinion, or a different colour idea?

Pictures to follow! :approve:
Black or White! Even I don't know what to choose haha! One of those two though mate :)

Clio 1.5 dci
Black defiantly, then a set of antracite 172 wheels with black diamonds! And if you want to put a different colour writing on the bullets you'll have to sand all the lacquer back off then apply more when you've put the colour on, should have made your mind up before praying them in the first place haha

1.2 16V
Black defiantly, then a set of antracite 172 wheels with black diamonds! And if you want to put a different colour writing on the bullets you'll have to sand all the lacquer back off then apply more when you've put the colour on, should have made your mind up before praying them in the first place haha

Ah ok, I'll practice on my old bullets first!

1.2 16V
Well, I've just spent nearly 5 hours cleaning the car (including a full-body t-cut, as it was covered in tiny little stone chips and scratches), so it looks nice and shiny now!

The front:
DSCN3349.jpg

The new side bullet:
DSCN3350.jpg

The car:
DSCN3351.jpg

:approve:

Clio 1.5 dci
Desperate for some tyre shine and t-cut around the bullet wiping off! Other than that looks alright :)

1.2 16V
Desperate for some tyre shine and t-cut around the bullet wiping off! Other than that looks alright :)

Ah thanks, I didn't notice the T-cut to the right! The bit below the badge is me, not T-cut, I'm not that sloppy! Can you recommend somewhere to get some tyre shine? :)

Clio 1.5 dci
If you need it quick halfords and grab auto glym tyre dressing, it's not to bad at all really, it's what I use.

1.2 16V
UPDATE

Mods done:
- Fitted In Phase XTC6930 6x9 speakers
- Front diamond painted Anthracite Grey
- Side bullets painted Anthracite Grey

Mods in the pipelines:
- Rear diamond in Anthracite Grey
- RS Grille
- 16V lettering on side bullets painted white

Mods for the future:
- Ph2 172 wheels 16"
- Cup Spoiler
- Splitter (been advised to get fabia splitter)
- Component speakers in the front
- Amp speakers
- Gear insert painted Anthracite Grey with white or blue decal
- New steering wheel, mine has 7 years of melting.
- Dial rings surround painted white or blue

I'll take some photos of interior + front in the next few days.

Rs200
see i have been looking into this whole 60-40 and thinking why? maybe im missing something but why 20mm differance between the springs i have y eyes on the 50mm all round springs that would look maddddd

1.2 16V
No I don't mean a 20mm difference, I mean I will lower both tyres at a figure in that range! I haven't decided the amount to lower by yet :)

1.2 16V
Well it has been a very long time since I posted in here. Mainly because I haven't had time to do anything to my car in the past 6 months! Anyway, here is an update:

Mods done:
- Fitted In Phase XTC6930 6x9 speakers
- Fitted some component speakers in the front (can't remember make & model of the top of my head, will edit when checked)
- Fitted a K&N 57i induction kit
- Front diamond painted Anthracite Grey
- Side bullets painted Anthracite Grey
- RS Grille

Mods in the pipelines:
- Rear diamond in Anthracite Grey
- A new steering wheel.
- A black gear knob.
- Chrome pedals + footrest.

Mods for the future:
- Ph2 172 wheels 16"
- Cup Spoiler
- Splitter (been advised to get fabia splitter)
- Amp for speakers

I gave my car a full wash + chamois today, going to T-Cut & wax tomorrow. Will also be cleaning ALL the upholstery, carpets & mats so I will upload photos in the next few days of a very clean car!

1.2 16V
Some t**t hit my rear passenger side wheel doing 30mph, which has bent my axle and fucked everything that side of the car, so it's been written off! I'll be buying a tidy looking 182 in the next month (silver lining and all that), and I'll be making a thread for it.

1.2 16V
I am selling the induction kit, it's done around 3k miles, and I've cleaned it every 1000 miles. I can also provide the K&N oil and cleaner. Just need to check postage costs before I give you a price