ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's F4R'd Dynamique Track Car

BMW E36 328
Well i have a busy couple of hours on the car this afternoon. As ive had the polycarb in the garage to replace the sunroof glass i decided to have a go at cutting it out and fitting it. Took about an hour and a half to do but fits like a glove. Well pleased with it.

A few pics....

Started off as you would expect with a sheet of polycarb that needed cutting to shape. First i removed the sunroof glass and measeured that, then measured the sunroof frame.

P1020531.jpg

P1020532.jpg

Then i used the sunroof glass as a template but drew round it so that the outline was slightly bigger. Once was all marked up gave my dad a shout to come and cut it out with the router...

P1020533.jpg

P1020534.jpg

After we finished cutting it out abit of filing and uit was in....

P1020535.jpg

Perfect fit :cool:

Then put a bead of tigerseal round the frame, placed the polycarb on then another bead round the top of the polycarb, the used some weighted objects to hold it in place whilst it all sets.

P1020536.jpg

Another job done.

Now just waiting for the polycarb windows to turn up :cool:

Lionel Richie
just a local guy i know. Wouldt have thought that was the cause of it tho?. Know a few people that have run them without welding them in in the past.

shoot the guy who welded them, zero penetration and zero prep looking at the pics

BMW E36 328
Got another wishbone on the way that should be here end of the week, there was a slight crack/split in the wishbone where the powerflex sleeve goes through. Going to get the sleeves welded in and see what happens with it.

BMW E36 328
Going to remove the heater matrix/box and blower unit next week if possable so ive just ordered a few bits from demon tweeks so that i can blank off the circs that go to the heater matrix.

180 degree samco bend

bannerDept.png

And a coupling to join the pipes togeather

Trial fitted my drivers side polycarb window today. Was unsure about how to secure it into the car but after a quick chat to Chris (chrispy.clio) i will get them both sorted tomorrow evening. Will update with pics then.

BMW E36 328
Got round to fitting the front polycarb windows in the week, Was really impressed with the quality of the windows when i unwrapped them. I didnt take many photos of putting them in so will just post what i did take.

First i removed the old glass, and electric window mecs....

P1020542.jpg

P1020541.jpg

Then got the polycarb windows in.....

P1020537.jpg

P1020540.jpg

P1020538.jpg

And a quick pic of the polycarb sunroof.....

P1020539.jpg

Ive got the rear quarter windows but im not going to fit those until i get a cage fitted in the near future. Next to sort is the rear window.

BMW E36 328
No i dont really use the car every day tbh as i have a van that i use for work. As for the polyycarb windows they are great, still very hot inside the car when the suns out

BMW E36 328
Well yet another update. My 180 degree samco bend and connector turned up today from Demon Tweeks, took quite a while to come comapred to toher ting that i have ordered from there. Anyway on with the update......

The bits that turned up.......

P1020543.jpg

x1 180 degree samco bend.......

P1020544.jpg

And a hose joiner aswel.....

P1020545.jpg

Seeing as i had those i decided to nip down to Renault and pick uo a bottle of coolant as i had to drain it all off.

P1020546.jpg

First i had to remove the airbox so that i could gainn access to the thermostat housing, and the pipes for the heater matrix.

P1020547.jpg

The 180 degree bend is replacing the two pipes that go to the heater matrix for the blowers. 1 pipe comes off the bottom rad hose that i cut half way up and the other pipe is removed off the thermostat housing.

P1020548.jpg

Got my trusty plastic pipe cutters off the van which mad it really easy to cut through the hoses in the engine bay.

P1020549.jpg

Picked up two hose clips for the new bend aswel....

P1020550.jpg

Instead of removing the bottom rad hose and draining all of the coolant off i decided to just cut throught one of the pipes i was going to be getting rid of and drain part of the coolant via that.

P1020551.jpg

All the new bits ready to go on.....

P1020552.jpg

Then i cut the pipe that comes off the lower rad hose at the right length.......

P1020553.jpg

inserted the hose joiner and added the two hose clips.......

P1020554.jpg

Then put it all togeather, filled up the coolant and blead the system. One job done.

I then removed the heater box from inside the car. Bit fiddley to do but got it out in the end.

P1020563.jpg

And the finished result in the bay aswel.....

P1020564.jpg

P1020565.jpg

BMW E36 328
Went to JP Exhausts in macclesfield y'day to get the exhaust sorted out, went to JP as they are the people that made the YozzaSport exhaust in the first place and i wanted the same quality work doing now as it was when it came from them in the first place. So anyway after a 4 week wait i finally was able to take the car down to get it sorted out. I want the exhaust modifying as i want the exhaust to sit in the cutout of the bumper, i managed to bodge it up for a few weeks but where the center section goes over the rear beam it was catching the chassis of the car and the tip wasnt long enough as it sat behind the bumper......... So anyway onto the pics.

Started like this when i bought it.

P1010773.jpg

P1010774.jpg

P1010966.jpg

Then i managed to raise it a little more but it wasnt perfect, cant find the pics atm......

And now after letting JP exhausts sort it out it looks like this..........

P1020569.jpg

P1020570.jpg

P1020568.jpg

P1020567.jpg

P1020566.jpg

Really pleased with how it has turned out. Ive booked the car in to have the silenced removed and a custom silenced de-cat made by Jp exhausts cant wait.........

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
been following this for a while.. making great progress with it.. bet its shocked a few on on the roads.

BMW E36 328
been following this for a while.. making great progress with it.. bet its shocked a few on on the roads.

Sorry not been on here for a while. Cheers yeah its coming along very well now, few little bits to sort out still. Yeah it has sleeper ftw lol.

BMW E36 328
Not updated this in a while as ive not really been on cs too much recently. Been busy over the weekend with the car sorting a few bits and bobs out with it. Last weekend i went over to the ring, had a great time whilst i was there. Was really impressed with the car throughout the trip. Here are a couple of pics from the trip.

8200rpmcom1834855_H.jpg

photo_55867_20110809.jpg

P1020641.jpg

P1020644.jpg

Anyway, ive been busy this weekend with the car as ive had a few little nice mods for it.

First up are the magnecore ignition leads that i got.............

P1020651.jpg

I know they wont do much but they finish everything off and go well with my red rokkor cover haha.

P1020654.jpg

Next were the AST solid topmounts. Been after a set for quite a wile now. Tried a set of topmounts for a trackday last year and was really impressed with them. Just seem to make the steering more direct and responsive, not to mention stiffening up the front of the car a little more aswel.

P1020655.jpg

So i set about fitting the topmounts this weekend. Not too big a job to do as everyting is new so came apart pretty easy. Took a few pics along the way aswel. First i started by loosening the standard top cups.

P1020661.jpg

P1020658.jpg

P1020659.jpg

P1020661.jpg

P1020660.jpg

P1020662.jpg

Then i removed the two bolts that hold the shock to the hub and then removed the shock from the car. Everything has got quite dirty in the few months that everything has been on.

P1020663.jpg

Big difference in the standard topmounts to the AST topmounts. Look miles better aswel. As the topmounts werent new i got the off f0xy they needed abit of a clean before they went on. So abit of WD 40 and some elbow grease and they looked as good as new.

P1020664.jpg

P1020665.jpg

Gave the shocks a quick clean up aswel whilst they were off haha....

P1020667.jpg

Old topmounts removed and the AST topmouns fitted.

P1020668.jpg

Then put everything back on the car. Look so much neater on the car compared to standard.

P1020666.jpg

I decided to use the AST topmounts as they offer great adjustability compared to all the other brands of a similar price. Last but not least i got hold of some Carbon Lorraine brake pads. Not put these on yet as im just going to use them for trackdays.

P1020656.jpg

Not drove the car yet since the topmounts were put on but i shall be taking it out for a spin later on........

TrackCar & F30 330d
I loved my AST topmounts, deffently gives a better sharper feel to the steering, and the CL pads are fully emence!!!!!

BMW E36 328
I loved my AST topmounts, deffently gives a better sharper feel to the steering, and the CL pads are fully emence!!!!!

Just been for a drive and the car feels brilliant now. The topmounts have made such a difference to the whole feel of the car now. Not used the pads yet. Think im only going to put them on for trackdays.

BMW E36 328
The spec of the car so far.

Engine
:
PH1 Head Rebuilt 3k ago.
172 bottom end
172 Manifold
NWP Silenced De-Cat
Yozza Race Cat back.

172 Gearbox completely rebuilt 3k ago.
Standard Upper & Lower inlet
Magnecor Leads
V6 Airbox & Standard Filter

Chassis:
FK Highsport Coilovers
AST Solid Top Mounts
Polybushed front end
Polybushed dog-bone mount

Brakes:
Brembo HC Discs
Ferrodo DS2500 Pads
Carbon Lorraine Pads (Track only)
Standard Rear discs & pads
Goodrich hoses throughout

Wheels:
15” Oz F1’s powdercoated black
Toyo Proxy T1R Tyres

Interior

Stripped throughout.
Sparco 330mm flat steering wheel

Sparco Rev Fixed buket seats
Schroth 4 point black harnesses
Omp subframes

Sparco Sidemounts
Mk1 Dash top
Plastic front windows.
K-tec short shifter

Sunflower Ph1 172
Get the rest of them polycarb windows in you lazy git!!

From looking at your engine pay I really want to relocate my battery so I can have my airbox sat straight... although I think there would still be a few things in the way. looks so much tidier.