ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Supercharged Trophy

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I must pop over and check out your seat frames - I've got a set but I'm nervous about the clearance and I don't want to damage my 'ICE' :wink: I'm not going to Blyton but maybe our local rep will organise a meet we can both attend?

FIT THEM! (Obviously if they don't foul on the 'ICE') 😂

Such a simple mod has made such a difference bud. The driving position is much improved, and coupled with a smaller OMP steering wheel I'm over the moon with it!

I must pop over and check out your seat frames - I've got a set but I'm nervous about the clearance and I don't want to damage my 'ICE' :wink: I'm not going to Blyton but maybe our local rep will organise a meet we can both attend?

Maybe someone could return with some tyres for you 😌

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
An epic car and a credit to you mate. Can't wait to chase it round blyton.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks bud,

It's as much a credit to you as it is to me. You've helped with so much of the build!

Blyton is going to be another epic weekend. Fingers crossed the weather stays as it is!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm so envious of that spec list
Very well sorted car Rob [emoji1305] and finished off nicely, I like the attitude of doing it right
Can't believe I haven't seen it yet !

Kind words Jon, thank you!

There's still plenty of things I want to do as and when funds allow. We all know the projects are never finished! :wink:

Just managed to source another set of 2118's albeit in white. Which I intend to use as my track wheels.

You heading to CSF? If not hopefully I'll catch you at the next Hampshire meet?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This car is incredible mate, looks perfect. Are you booked on the morning session of Blyton again? I am so will see you there! Or will see a very small red thing in the distance haha

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
This car is incredible mate, looks perfect. Are you booked on the morning session of Blyton again? I am so will see you there! Or will see a very small red thing in the distance haha

Cheers Dan!

I've gone for a full day this time, both the AM and PM sessions. As last year I was getting itchy feet watching everyone out on track in the afternoon!

Just because she's supercharged doesn't mean I'll be quicker! :wink: and besides you N/A boys have nothing to loose! I've got the 'boosted' honor to defend!

Something along the lines of... 'that red Clio is nothing mate, supercharged or not. I smashed him!' 😂

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I have been after another set of wheels for track use for quite a while, and lucked out on another set of 2118's in white, fitted with Michelin PS3's for a bargain price of £250!

They are far from 'mint' condition, but more than usable for track use. Just need to swap the Michelin's onto my anthracite 2118's for the road, and put my Nangkang NS2R's on the white ones.

Not sure whether they will stay white or not. Being a red car I'm fairly restricted as to what colours I can use. Although I'm tempted with 'Speedline gold'

Bring on Blyton!

Just after a quick rinse...

uploadfromtaptalk1466954539673.jpg

And some time later...

uploadfromtaptalk1466954588892.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Track Car
They need a few hits of drangons breath but then maybe pointless if they get refurbed anyway. Either way, a bargin set if track wheels

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
They need a few hits of drangons breath but then maybe pointless if they get refurbed anyway. Either way, a bargin set if track wheels

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I think they may need even more than that bud. As they stand however they are perfect for track wheels!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car mate very nice build.
Cheers bud!

As we all know the project is never finished, and Blyton has highlighted a couple of things.

Firstly I could do with some better brakes as Goodridge braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid, and EBC yellow stuff pads aren't cutting it. After chatting with @Dr Jekyll and a few others I'm beginning to sway towards a set of wilwoods.

Secondly more than likely due to all the heat my starter motor struggles after a hard run out on track so a heat sheild is in order.

Also heat related or just track abuse... My exhaust has shifted and is vibrating loudly on something, and was becoming very very annoying on the four hour drive back from CSF!

These are just of couple of things in the pipeline, and I can't wait to see how the car progresses from here! [emoji4]

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Thats a great looking car Rob,
the workshop looks good too, do you work there? I love old skool garage layouts

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Loved this on track. Best car there by far.
Flames and all :D
We all love a flaming exhaust!

I just hope Nick at Pure Motorsport will cover my rear silencer under warranty when the baffles get burnt out! [emoji23]
I want to hate this car so much because the love and want for it is so strong.

Definitely in my top 5 clios on here since i've been a member. Its literally perfect, apart from it not being mine!

Hats off Rob, its a awesome car mate :cool:
High praise indeed mate, especially coming from a bloke that's has had three amazing Clios that I've followed way back when I had my crappy 172 Monaco... The less said about that the better!
Sounded lovely on track this did!
Cheers bud it does make quite a unique noise. People kept coming up to me just to ask 'what's going on here then!?'
Thats a great looking car Rob,
the workshop looks good too, do you work there? I love old skool garage layouts
Thanks mate!

The workshop it is a bloody old building, and I think it used to be a dairy. I'm lucky enough to be the site manager. It's a great building just a pain in the arse when your busy, and can't fit the work in!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Did you ever get round to changing the restrictor and intake and getting it mapped again mate?
No bud she's still sitting at '230' although certainly no slouch I'd like coax a few more horses!

I'm going to sort out a few more bits and pieces, and after many recommendations I think I'm going to speak to Chris at EFI. Although he's not local to me I've heard great things and he's probably the best man to help me take the car further.

RB Clio 182
No bud she's still sitting at '230' although certainly no slouch I'd like coax a few more horses!

I'm going to sort out a few more bits and pieces, and after many recommendations I think I'm going to speak to Chris at EFI. Although he's not local to me I've heard great things and he's probably the best man to help me take the car further.

Deffo mate, hes a wizard!

I took my car up last week with a misfire, he narrowed it down to a wiring issue, sorted it tweaked the boost and came away with 10hp more than my original map which was mapped by him, all free of charge, its now at a healthy 285.4hp.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Deffo mate, hes a wizard!

I took my car up last week with a misfire, he narrowed it down to a wiring issue, sorted it tweaked the boost and came away with 10hp more than my original map which was mapped by him, all free of charge, its now at a healthy 285.4hp.
These are exactly the sort of things I keep hearing!

What a result for you mate. Go in with a misfire, and leave problem resolved, and with an extra 10bhp on top of an already very healthy power figure! I hope you do attend CSF next year as I'd love to see it in the metal along with yourself.

I'm going to see how things go this year but a meet up with Chris may have to hold off until next year. Although I do have a few niggles that I reckon he could fix regardless of a hopeful power increase.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Great to meet you the other day mate. Even if you did come in at a strange part of the conversation.

Car looked incredible.
Cheers bud!

Was great to finally meet you, and have a catch up.

Your car was lovely, and I really appreciate you letting me get a good hold of your shaft! It's very impressive...

The shifter isn't bad either! [emoji6]

As discussed mate I look forward to see your plans unfold.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted I didn't make csf to meet you or your car. Sounds like it made quite an impact at the festival!
I look forward to footage emerging of it from csf.

We'll meet up one day.... Lol [emoji4]
We will one day chap, lol! You just need to buy another Clio, and stop pretending your all okay... [emoji6]

It made quite an impact on me to be fair! It's the first time I've had it in track since the charger, and the quaife. It blew me away! I'm over the moon with how the car currently stands, just looking forward to future plans on improving an already potent track toy!

I was playing around with the GoPro studio earlier, but my laptop is utter crap so I may have another crack at it over the weekend.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just read this from the start after seeing it at CSF, definitely my favourite car there. I was the lad with the massively burnt forehead with the Inferno 182 and stood with dann2707 when you were talking about his shaft haha. I will upload the video of you going back out on track and down the straight that I showed you, unfortunately no flames but it sounds absolutely spot on!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Just read this from the start after seeing it at CSF, definitely my favourite car there. I was the lad with the massively burnt forehead with the Inferno 182 and stood with dann2707 when you were talking about his shaft haha. I will upload the video of you going back out on track and down the straight that I showed you, unfortunately no flames but it sounds absolutely spot on!

Cheers mate, that means a lot!

I was chatting with the lads I came down with, saying how much I liked your Inferno. The silver Team Dynamic's look awesome against the orange paintwork. Have you setup a project thread?

I look forward to seeing the video even with the lack of flames! :wink: its just nice to see footage of it out in its natural habitat lol!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Cheers mate, that means a lot!

I was chatting with the lads I came down with, saying how much I liked your Inferno. The silver Team Dynamic's look awesome against the orange paintwork. Have you setup a project thread?

I look forward to seeing the video even with the lack of flames! :wink: its just nice to see footage of it out in its natural habitat lol!

I'll get it on Youtube later and stick it on this thread or the CSF Pics thread. Certainly doesn't hang about and everyone I heard talking about it was loving the flames!

Thanks mate, I hated the TD's when I first got it but they've slowly grown on me, they're in desperate need of a refurb though as the previous owner didn't look after them at all. They'll be coming off for some OZ F1's when I get some spacers though. Been meaning to start a thread since I got it over a year ago and still not got round to it yet haha.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I'll get it on Youtube later and stick it on this thread or the CSF Pics thread. Certainly doesn't hang about and everyone I heard talking about it was loving the flames!

Thanks mate, I hated the TD's when I first got it but they've slowly grown on me, they're in desperate need of a refurb though as the previous owner didn't look after them at all. They'll be coming off for some OZ F1's when I get some spacers though. Been meaning to start a thread since I got it over a year ago and still not got round to it yet haha.

I'm quite surprised on how much she did flame, lol! I've been told by mates that it flames out on the road, but didn't realize to that extent!

OZ F1's always look good, a great choice for any Clio. You should start one mate, even if its just for yourself to keep track of how things have progressed, and how much money you've spent, lol! 😂