ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooby Clio 172

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
FLOL that's amazing

How has that been done so far? Similar to the clio where the shell was put on the Impreza chassis(ish)?

Never seen this thread before. Properly impressed!! Just spent over and hour reading start to finish.
Love child of my 2 favourite cars that I've owned! :-D
Subscribed and look forward to future videos/updates.

All ready for next year's engine........
ocA5lD.jpg

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Amazing, not sure how I have managed to miss this thread
The Mini build looks like it'll be interesting!

Clio Williams
Seriously impressed with your skills. I thought the Qashqui R was a monster but this betters it. Are you a mechanic. Perhaps you need to advertise your car more. I'm sure skills could be used in motor sport or other serious tuners.
Anyway can't wait for the first video with all the new ponies in action:stig::smilingimp:

Seriously impressed with your skills. I thought the Qashqui R was a monster but this betters it. Are you a mechanic. Perhaps you need to advertise your car more. I'm sure skills could be used in motor sport or other serious tuners.
Anyway can't wait for the first video with all the new ponies in action:stig::smilingimp:

I'm semi retired, but I do some fabrication and electrical work for quite a few folk in the motor sport world. I am fortunate to work with Scoobybits, and am involved with some really lovely cars.

Off to pick up the new engine from Enginetuner this morning, much excitement. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, new turbo has arrived, together with the injectors, so I have started to assemble the inlet manifold, which is several hours work on an Impreza engine. Also found time to wrap the exhaust manifold with some sexy blue wrap to match everything else.
30JHaX.jpg

WG1LV9.jpg

Q5S1TN.jpg

On the dyno at Enginetuner this morning. Slight disappointment as mission aborted at 0.7 bar boost due to a slight misfire on one cylinder. Pretty sure I know what the problem is but it's looking like it will be a stonker of an engine!

Renault 5 Turbo
On the dyno at Enginetuner this morning. Slight disappointment as mission aborted at 0.7 bar boost due to a slight misfire on one cylinder. Pretty sure I know what the problem is but it's looking like it will be a stonker of an engine!

Gutted for you, i hope you get the problem sorted soon, looking forward to seeing what she does. Are you going to have a base map first to bed the engine in? or going for maximum warp speed straight away? Fantastic car btw.

That'll do nicely for a bit of poke. Anything left to do with it, and what's the first event it's booked in for?
Very little left to do now, just some odds and ends. Testing at Llandow next weekend, then Newquay AC Treloy sprint 5th April first event, then Llandow trackday, then Werrington, then Wiscombe, then St. Goueno, then..........

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Very little left to do now, just some odds and ends. Testing at Llandow next weekend, then Newquay AC Treloy sprint 5th April first event, then Llandow trackday, then Werrington, then Wiscombe, then St. Goueno, then..........

Great stuff. Hopefully I'll be along to a few so I'll try and catch up :)