ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooby Clio 172

And a couple of teasers........

ai6n.jpg

1yd0.jpg

This build is absolutely epic, but can only feel a little disappointed as I think the carbon wrap will make it look cheap - don't get me wrong, I like the colour, but carbon wrap never seems to look "the part" - especially considering the amount of time/money/engineering in the project :)

just read through this from the start... absolutely love this! s**t off a shovel comes to mind.... what power will this be running, you staying with the standard 260bhp or going for abit more?

also what made you paint the engine black, harder to spot oil leaks and all that or doesn't this bother you?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just stumbled onto this. Awesome work. I know your budget was 5k and you reckon it's closer to 10, even that's a bargain. I reckon for a mortal like myself the labour would take it closer to 20k. Really impressive work, I'm now glued to this thread.

just read through this from the start... absolutely love this! s**t off a shovel comes to mind.... what power will this be running, you staying with the standard 260bhp or going for abit more?

also what made you paint the engine black, harder to spot oil leaks and all that or doesn't this bother you?

Thanks. Running a JDM stock engine with a TDO4 to start with , so should be somewhere around 280BHP on V Power, and 300ish on Carless. More later when funds allow!
Oil leaks! Oil leaks! We don't do oil leaks LOL. Black is the new silver, just like it!

Just stumbled onto this. Awesome work. I know your budget was 5k and you reckon it's closer to 10, even that's a bargain. I reckon for a mortal like myself the labour would take it closer to 20k. Really impressive work, I'm now glued to this thread.

Horribly over budget now. People keep offering me better and shinier bits, so I keep buying them! :S

Clio
You should feel f**king proud! that really is an epic piece of engineering that most of us could only dream of being capable of!
also, hurry up, i want to see this in action! ;)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Wow that is all! an epic build you should be really pleased with the work you have done.

Cant wait until this is finished

I've just read through the complete build and must say the work completed is very impressive. You must be very proud so far!

Shall keep a eye on this. Finished by Christmas?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yup, absolutely...........
perhaps.........
well, maybe...........

Not doing deadlines anymore!:race:

HaHa! Epic project though! I would say how long is the list of what needs to be done... But I wouldnt want to depress you!

2004 clio 182 ff
Awesome project! Typical I find this just after I've sold my scooby haha. Looking forward to seeing this finished

Masked off, primed and fitted the polycarbonate rear window to the tailgate today. Impressive work by Plastics4Performance. Looks absolutely O.E. except no heating elements. Side windows look great too. More photos when they are fitted.

9qbb.jpg

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Heard Callum mention this thread a few time, never got my arse into gear and look at it. But glad I did, just read through it all, and its a f**king epic project.
Your attention to details is amazing, and it shows in the finished product.
Good luck getting in all finished, sometime in the future ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Heard Callum mention this thread a few time, never got my arse into gear and look at it. But glad I did, just read through it all, and its a f**king epic project.

When are you doing it to your 182? ;)

Many thanks for that, much appreciated.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Bloody brilliant mate, when and where will it make its debut outing? Is love to see it in the metal :)

Had a professional photographer at last weekend's scooby club meet, photos courtesy of Jonathan Wigmore.

ztou.jpg

eylw.jpg

xduv.jpg

z3gx.jpg

v5mq.jpg

That will have to keep you going, because I am away for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully the rear suspension bottom arms will be here when I get back, and we can turn it into a rolling shell and get on with the build!

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
Stumbled across this not knowing anything was happening like this on cs! Absolutely loving the project and now certainly glued to this for more anticipated updates.

All in need now is a visit to the bank...

Very small update, as work seems to have got int the way of play for some considerable time! Rear suspension radius arms have finally arrived on a slow boat from Australia, which means at last I have everything I need to make the car a roller.

This afternoon I did a bit of welding, converted the rear diff carrier rubber mounts to solid welded washers and spacers.

j4hd.jpg

Hoping to find some time soon to get stuck in. More reports soon...