ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rotaries and bad fueling (MPG)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i think its a myth....

check the fuel gauge top left at the start... then check at the end lol!!! its only a short vid but LOL!

[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/mps-mazda-rx7-3-rotor-20b-peripheral-port-turbo-w_39701.htm[/video]

it seems to be going back up the very end, maybe the sender at the front of the tank and the fuel surged to the back?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
it drops pretty much 1/4 tank in a burnout... thats not 2mpg lol its prob less than that lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh its prob got a couple lift pumps that suck the fuel out the tank and puts it in to a swirl pot and then another couple feed pumps to the fuel rails, so the fact it drops so quick will be down to the fuel pumps picking up quicker higher up the rpm....

Juicy!

On another note been trawling youtube for good car vids and get bored of the results when searching, completely forgot about street fire, any other good sites? thats the rest of my night taken up now haha.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
They do suck for mpg, my 2 RX8 owning friends aren't impressed with 20mpg for what performance it gives.

im lucky to see 8mpg lol! let alone 20! and that was before i blew the ecu 2 days ago :( luckily got it fixed! f**k spending the 800 rhd japan want for a new one!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
So are you saying the rotary is crap? ;)

no my car is cursed lol! plus thirsty! its off on a trailer this week to remove all the wireing loom and replace it all lol! i cant be dealing with the bullshit electronics on it lol!