ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RR results b4 R-sport ECU

996 Carrera

OK, got it on the rolling road this morning. They only had an analogue scale so Ive only got max BHP and torque at the wheels:

ambient temp. 22 degC
146 BHP at 6000rpm
166.8 lbft torque

For completeness they calculated the flywheel figures as well:

167.9 BHP
191.92 lbft torque

After searching through old posts these seem like decent figures so Im happy.

Im fitting the ECU tomorrow so Ill take it for a thrash afterwards and report back.

Cheers,

G

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

And also remember that the supposed 172bhp claimed by renault is measured in ps. Convert ps to bhp and 172 magically becomes 166...which is spot on.

But what mileage is on the Cup? I am sure on a different rolling road he may well have made 172 hp. 172ps into HP is 170.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 30 August 2003

the 172 figure is officially PS not bhp
It is 172bhp DIN folks, check the brochures & website

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by monkeymagic on 30 August 2003

146 BHP at 6000rpm
166.8 lbft torque

For completeness they calculated the flywheel figures as well:

167.9 BHP
191.92 lbft torque
So theyve used a 13% loss figure in this case.

Where did they get that from???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 30 August 2003

Yeah I thought that was a we bit too low as well. Typically its aroung 15-20%!
Well its "generally" around the 15% mark for a modern fwd car...

Tom why do you keep going on about the 172 having 166 hp bla bla bla and keep talking about the new "180" coming out?

At the end of the day there is such a variation in the 2.0 16 valve 172 engine that I wouldnt believe they all have 180, I gaurantee you that it wont be any faster than a good 172 some maybe slower.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 01 September 2003

Tom why do you keep going on about the 172 having 166 hp bla bla bla and keep talking about the new "180" coming out?

Eh? when?

Toms clever though! Vote or loose your right to freedom of speech! Oh and there aint ever gonna be a 180 thats like too bvious and pointless. Thats like saying when Peugeot held the crown with the GTi-with 167 BHP, Renault should have released the RenaultSport 167.........! How obvious, Nah, the RSport clio is ending when the new model is released in new year - the Cup holds the crown now, and Peugeot blew it with the 180. If there is a final Renault sport clio which I doubt very much there will be it (as its been a year since the cup was released and no ones scooped anything) will be a 200BHP conversion package from Renault and the chances of that appening are as likely as a finding the lost city of atlantis!! 2.0 Turbo next peeps............!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RSTDL on 01 September 2003

Toms clever though! Vote or loose your right to freedom of speech! Oh and there aint ever gonna be a 180 thats like too bvious and pointless. Thats like saying when Peugeot held the crown with the GTi-with 167 BHP, Renault should have released the RenaultSport 167.........! How obvious, Nah, the RSport clio is ending when the new model is released in new year - the Cup holds the crown now, and Peugeot blew it with the 180. If there is a final Renault sport clio which I doubt very much there will be it (as its been a year since the cup was released and no ones scooped anything) will be a 200BHP conversion package from Renault and the chances of that appening are as likely as a finding the lost city of atlantis!! 2.0 Turbo next peeps............!

i take it thats based on speculation rather than actual fact, well as i seemingly know sod all lets wait and see whos right eh?

And the "new model" for the very very last time wont be here until at least 2005/6. renault have even said this in a recent press release about the cup racers.

Do your homework mate, that way you can post credible usefull information.

http://www.press.renault.co.uk/releases/arc_2003/220803ren.htmhttp://www.press.renault.co.uk/releases/arc_2003/220803ren.htm

;)- Love ya man.

Did I hear "anorak" anyone? That must have been the 5.57 from Tumbridge wells, I knew it was coz of the pitch its horn makes as it leaves the black friars tunnel............"

Erm.......nice article but where does it say that Renault wont release a new shape clio before that anyhow??????? Just because they are keeping the current cup racer which is just new by the way on until at least 2006 does not mean there wont be a road car replacement for the general public and all the shopping trolley wannabess!

And maybe you should let EVO, Auto Car and Auto Express oh and Car Mag into this little secret as they are currently stating new Clio early to mid 2004.

Cheers for now!

teheeheee........never believe everything you read (CUP UPGRADES - RENAULT SPORT ANYONE.........?) Youre head might implode............or maybe explode? Oh and what are the chances of their being a one make super touring clio cup championship still in 2006???? Slim.........try one make Megane Turbo series?

Now, wheres the nearest bookies?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

And maybe you should let EVO, Auto Car and Auto Express oh and Car Mag into this little secret as they are currently stating new Clio early to mid 2004.
Do you actually know what Tom does for a living?! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 01 September 2003

Do you actually know what Tom does for a living?! ;)
Id guess a computer desk job from his intimate knowledge of this site 24 hours a day! Or else head oif RenaultSport UK who drives a 1200 (1149)?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

:D Your too funny, you mention the bookies- dont waste it there i will take your cash mate.

Lets just see how this pans out.

I dont think your incedible whit will get you out of this one, and i for one cannot wait to see you proved wrong.

I await another lame ass reply

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 01 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 01 September 2003

sometimes its ps sometimes its bhp DIN
Its the same thats why...

BHP DIN is BHP worked out to standard air pressure and air temp it is not the same as PS

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by vibrio on 02 September 2003

BHP DIN is BHP worked out to standard air pressure and air temp it is not the same as PS
But BHP (DIN), PS & JIS figures all equate to the same value and that is 98.629% of the BHP (SAE) value that we are all calling BHP here...