ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 200 air filter service interval

BMW E34 540i
Hi there

I've got the service plan with Bristol Street Motors Altrincham / Nissan, Renault. Car was on the second annual service on Friday - odo. circa 20K miles.

Wanted to install the itg panel filter now and saw the current state of the air filter. Full of dust, sand and generally looks old - meaning it doesn't seem to be touched. (Frankly speaking I was expecting to see brand new clean filter ?)

Is anyone able to advise what is the air filter service interval ? I have not got any invoice from them to see what exactly was replaced ?

Should I go back and ask for the list of what was done ?

WP_000359.jpg

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Yes you certainly did. Personally I would make a complaint, however if you are upgrading it anyway is it really worth it?

Homo spec mazda
For me it would be a case of if they haven't changed the air filter what else haven't they bothered to do when servicing it.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
For me it would be a case of if they haven't changed the air filter what else haven't they bothered to do when servicing it.

Good point actually. This is the very reason I always self service. The only time my cars visit garages are MOT time, tyre changes and soon my cambelt. Everything else I tackle.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've changed my paper element filter in my 200 once already in 5 months.

They cost me pennies.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
every 12months for me, not exactly expensive and takes seconds to replace

I checked mine today as it goes, looked a little grubby & we stock the paper elements where I work, cost me f*ck all so just chucked a new one in. Can't do any harm ehh