ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol, well no offence to cobra but Gib172's welding and design is way better IMO then the cobra frames..

im not sure there subframes are FIA?

172, Tiguan
Ben to clarify a few points here as the whole TUV issue is concerning me as well for obvious reasons.

1. FIA approved does not mean TUV approved.
2. Your car will not get through a TUV test.
3. Winged seats aren't TUV approved. (thats me fcuked as well)
4. Perspex windows aren't TUV Approved.
5. You would need TUV approval for EVERY modified part of your car. If your car fails on mod number 1 then you have to get that passed before they will even look at mod no.2.

However:

Ben Lovejoy, whilst stating the official truth is a bit of a bearer of doom. The actual reality (and this is from blokes that live next to the track is) if you don't act like an idiot in the carpark, revving your engine etc etc, you should be fine IF your car isn't noisy.

Draw attention to yourself and you'll be out.

There have been extremely long threads about this on Northloop and the general concencus appears to be wait untill Easter 2008 as the proof is in the pudding.

Yeah, although a totally different point but similar is.

Fit a loud exhaust and don't blat it everywhere and you'll never get pulled for it....

clio 200 F4Rt
do these new rules apply to private track days held at the 'Ring?

Seems to be a case as in most track days etc, act sensible and enjoy.

Act like a tit, go home!

4. Perspex windows aren't TUV Approved. really! guess there off the list then, you have also helped me decide what seats to get!

Im not planning on going to the 'ring untill June time so ill be able to see how people got on over easter.

so whats the latest with the build?

172, Tiguan

Act like a tit, go home!

Trackdays (such as the RMA days) will be fine. Nurburgring Gmbh are just trying to get the fully prepped race cars that turn up for tf days out basically.

clio 200 F4Rt

Act like a tit, go home!

Trackdays (such as the RMA days) will be fine. Nurburgring Gmbh are just trying to get the fully prepped race cars that turn up for tf days out basically.

so there is still hope then!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Act like a tit, go home!

so thats me out then?

172, Tiguan
? See my first post on the matter with regards tf days. Wait till next Easter (or earlier on depending on dates) and ill let you know. There is no way my car would pass a tuv test, so ill let you know how i get on.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
? See my first post on the matter with regards tf days. Wait till next Easter (or earlier on depending on dates) and ill let you know. There is no way my car would pass a tuv test, so ill let you know how i get on.

lol

RS RIP
i had a tuv approved sportexhaust once (Sebring i think) ; it was less noisy than my standard one used to be :eek:

Weeman sucks ****

lol

How can they restrict a uk registered car that doesn't need TüV testing? Surely, in theory for the car to be banned it would need to be registered in the country that TüV testing applies? i.e. a German car.

Scaremongering all the understeering subaru drivers away with any luck

clio 200 F4Rt

How can they restrict a uk registered car that doesn't need TüV testing? Surely, in theory for the car to be banned it would need to be registered in the country that TüV testing applies? i.e. a German car.

i am hoping this is the case!

Plus i doubt there are many power rangers (motorcyclists) that dont have race cans etc on thier bikes!

anyways, back to the car, its the weekend, whats the plans for the car ben?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
this weekend im...

extending the subframes for the seats.. so i can sit further back.
finishing spraying the cage and all the grinded down parts
fit the CF doorcards
fit the loom back in
fit the heat matrix back in
wire the REDtop in

..........i hope .. as i only have sunday LOL

Clio 172 ff
Hey ben,

not many answers on the german forum, but the one I got said pretty much what jon_r already pointed out. As long as you're not attracting attention, you're having a good chance of being let onto the Ring. Keeping Noise low will be very important. And it seems I was a little too optimistic on the cost of a fully Tüv approved car, it might in fact get into the five digits (Euros) and the first digit doesn't necessarily have to be a 1. So scrap that.

And, btw, they can do what ever they want on the ring. It's a private road, so the N-GmbH has domiciliary rights. If they don't like your face, they don't have to let you drive on their road, whether you're from Germany, UK or Taiwan doesn't matter.

Because it's their track, they can do pretty much what they want.

What is there reasons for doing it anyway? If I had to guess off the top of my head I would say insurance reasons, pretty much like most forms of motorsport these days

172, Tiguan
Noise reasons + its deemed against the TF spirit to turn up in a race car. As mentioned they have "House Rules" so can chuck off who and what they want.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
weekend went. bad LOL

finsihed spraying the welds cage whilst its in the car, and the f**king paint res fell off spilling 1 ltr of acid green paint all over the newly sprayed interior :(

oh and the windscreen is covered in over spray.

Shitter. will post pics in a bit.

on a good note.......

the car is being transported to a local company in the first week of jan... to have..........

carbon fibre Roof - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre Tail Gate - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre Bonnet with custom air scoop for the charger filter - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre wing mirrors
carbon fibre side skirts
carbon fibre bump strips
carbon fibre 172 mrk2 bumper made
carbon fibre splitter
carbon fibre cup spoiler
carbon fibre fot light brake coolers

;)

its costing a fair bit but boy will it be worth it

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
weekend went. bad LOL

finsihed spraying the welds cage whilst its in the car, and the f**king paint res fell off spilling 1 ltr of acid green paint all over the newly sprayed interior :(

oh and the windscreen is covered in over spray.

s**tter. will post pics in a bit.

on a good note.......

the car is being transported to a local company in the first week of jan... to have..........

carbon fibre Roof - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre Tail Gate - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre Bonnet with custom air scoop for the charger filter - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre wing mirrors
carbon fibre side skirts
carbon fibre bump strips
carbon fibre 172 mrk2 bumper made
carbon fibre splitter
carbon fibre cup spoiler
carbon fibre fot light brake coolers

;)

its costing a fair bit but boy will it be worth it

:eek: f**king hell dude, that lot must be costing a fortune!! i want ur job :(