ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

the car is being transported to a local company in the first week of jan... to have..........

carbon fibre Roof - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre Tail Gate - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre Bonnet with custom air scoop for the charger filter - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre wing mirrors
carbon fibre side skirts
carbon fibre bump strips
carbon fibre 172 mrk2 bumper made
carbon fibre splitter
carbon fibre cup spoiler
carbon fibre fot light brake coolers

;)

its costing a fair bit but boy will it be worth it

marry me

M2 Competition
weekend went. bad LOL

finsihed spraying the welds cage whilst its in the car, and the f**king paint res fell off spilling 1 ltr of acid green paint all over the newly sprayed interior :(

oh and the windscreen is covered in over spray.

s**tter. will post pics in a bit.

on a good note.......

the car is being transported to a local company in the first week of jan... to have..........

carbon fibre Bonnet with custom air scoop for the charger filter - twin carbon skin
carbon fibre side skirts
carbon fibre bump strips
carbon fibre splitter
carbon fibre cup spoiler

;)

I hope your cage is good cos otherwise this things gonna flex like a ruler :eek:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
weekend went. bad LOL

finsihed spraying the welds cage whilst its in the car, and the f**king paint res fell off spilling 1 ltr of acid green paint all over the newly sprayed interior :(

oh and the windscreen is covered in over spray.

s**tter. will post pics in a bit.

on a good note.......

carbon fibre side skirts
carbon fibre bump strips
carbon fibre splitter
carbon fibre cup spoiler

;)

I hope your cage is good cos otherwise this things gonna flex like a ruler :eek:

?

carbon fibre is stroner than steel, the standard roof skin has no strength. its only the cross bars which are staying put.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
na, im hoping to have all my work done by first week of jan - goes to carbon guy until end of jan.... from there trialor it to ben.. ben fits the engine in, fits the ecu, nos, ethonol injection, maps it..... drive it home :p

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
So some point in Feb then Ben?

Think you should organise an unveiling evening, I'd drive over to see it

Andy

Track valver + Ibiza FR
^ sounds like a plan. Can imagine that quite a few people would turn up. Great way to start the year!!

Clio Trophy/Boxster
Question for you Ben (feel free not to answer) but do you have an insurance quote for the completed car? I have enough trouble with the premiums on my cars with ‘light’ modifications.

R2TR

Question for you Ben (feel free not to answer) but do you have an insurance quote for the completed car? I have enough trouble with the premiums on my cars with ‘light’ modifications.

R2TR

insurance shouldn't be that much of a problem, I can add a turbo to mine and it will hardly make a blind bit of difference, it's cheaper for me to insure a modified 172 than a totally standard one with most companies. Only problem for Ben could be his age...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
He's Insuring it through his company iirc, Sure I read somewhere that his Guy has it Covered in his Company Policy or something!

Andy

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
it wont be properly covered through a company policy, doubt they include modded race cars with 20-30k of receipts lol

Probably Insure it as his Company Delivery Vehicle, Loadsa Space in the back, LOL

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
cant wait to try to insure mine lol
no space in the back or the front!
hmmm its a one litre honest hehe

80MPG BEEZA
i think you should have fitted the cage, had the shell acid dipped then sprayed would have been so much easier then buying all the spraying gear and throwing paint round i know its not easy to spray big areas in a garage

M

mini-valver

Acid dipping costs a fortune though. What's the point, it is'nt rusty.....

80MPG BEEZA
Acid dipping costs a fortune though. What's the point, it is'nt rusty.....

costs about a grand to get done, take into the cost his spent on getting paint equipment, then his on about getting the outside sprayed at some point, could have just had the shell painted in a wild colour and all the engine bay etc would have been mint etc