ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
this looks ace mate

been looking for a while but never posted

green and black is awesome, glad you havent held back on the cost as if you bought cheapo parts it would be pointless

my guages will look sweet! :D

M

mini-valver

Nice!! I'd get the dash and seats in now so you can close the doors!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Just read most of the thread, your dedication is very impressive Ben :)

What was the final direction you decided to go in with the engine? To charge or not to charge?

Dan

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
thanks for the comments guys

with regard to the engine, i will be super charged with ITBs, nos, low comp, ethonol injection etc :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol .... s**t, cant be arsed with it! it will be done by christmass.

im gona have my 5th go at covering daves bumper insert with carbon fibre

Looks awesome mate :)

Have you got a run-down of the things that still need doing? What time do you think you will have it all done bud?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Thats an awesome cage! Can't wait to see ya try and get out of the car! Lol.

lol we tried yesterday....

the seats are hard enough to get in ...

clioupdate008.jpg
those are nice where did you get them from mate?
how much?

Clio 172 Cup
done much this week yet may get down sun but not sure yet fella qwilll give you a ring those seats look top though now there in situe

Ph2 1.4 16v Expression
454 posts later! Truly awesome, read the whole thread. Good stuff mate, looks like it will be a monster :approve:

Seat Leon Cupra 290
missed the early goings of this project, did you specificly decide to use the ph1 172 model or just by chance you already owned one,

if the former why did you choose this over say a 172 cup?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
missed the early goings of this project, did you specificly decide to use the ph1 172 model or just by chance you already owned one,

if the former why did you choose this over say a 172 cup?

had a psh1 before, i just like the look of them, when i was starting off i only wanted light engine mods, so really wanted the cable throttle.

would never have a full fat psh2. only a cup......but im a big fan of psh1

Paul end of jan.... so im told :D

Clio172.S2 RST. Evo4
Not meaning to throw a spanner in the works but if your planning to take this car when it`s finished to the Ring, have you seen all the latest posts on www.nurburgring.org concerning all the TUV changes that everyones going on about, if not best have a look. The seats are top notch but not sure if they will allow them fitted if your planning a trip out there. Any TUV certificates you can get will help loads....

Not meaning to throw a spanner in the works but if your planning to take this car when it`s finished to the Ring, have you seen all the latest posts on www.nurburgring.org concerning all the TUV changes that everyones going on about, if not best have a look. The seats are top notch but not sure if they will allow them fitted if your planning a trip out there. Any TUV certificates you can get will help loads....

From that website link.

"Foreign cars

Foreign cars will not have to produce TUV papers. However, the inspectors will have the right to satisfy themselves that the car is safe. You may thus need to be in a position to demonstrate that modifications use quality approved parts.

Your best bet is to carry the paperwork that came with things like rollcages, aftermarket suspension, brakes, etc, to show that they have some kind of approval: TUV, FIA, EC markings, etc. The ideal paperwork to satisfy German authorities is TUV, ABE (Allgemeine Betriebs Erlaubnis) or Teile Gutachten, but the more paperwork you can produce, the better.

If you have a heavily-modified car and want to be completely safe, you can arrange to have a Vollabnahme - this is equivalent to the UK's SVA (Single Vehicle Approval). It is a very tough TUV inspection (it takes about four hours), but the advantage is they can do it on the chassis number, so you can get a Vollabnahme for a foreign car. (This is the first step in German-registering a foreign car.) Only a limited number of TUV inspectors are licenced to carry out Vollabnahme tests."

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
well the

seats are full FIA
Cage is FIA
Suspension is H&R (TUV)
Not sure on the engine
Not sure on the brakes
Harnesess are FIA

not sure on the rest :S

clio 200 F4Rt
i wonder how they will police this. whether it will be random spot checks in the car park or what.

As you could park elsewhere, got get your ticket, then drive straight in and on, bypassing everything.

will be interesting to see how it all develops, as it could put alot of people under pressure!

ay ben if that lad went on in his fiat panda with no exhaust am sure you will be able to go in the modded beast .

just dont use a sissor jack to take anything off . hahahahaha

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ay ben if that lad went on in his fiat panda with no exhaust am sure you will be able to go in the modded beast .

just dont use a sissor jack to take anything off . hahahahaha

LOL hahhaaha remember that now !

Clio 172 ff
Just wanted to point out that the police (and the TÜV-Inspectors) in Germany are generally very picky. And that getting a full independent TÜV test is very, very expensive if you don't at least have an ABE ("general operating license") for all of your parts. However, if the whole project is carried out perfectly, you might be allowed on the ring even without it. Personnally, I wouldn't put my money on it, though.

Great project, btw. :)

And in case you haven't seen it, here's an obviously official quote from northloop.co.uk:
Forgein registered vehicles need to have the following:
-Must be fully roadworthy
-Must be within the noise limit
-Need to conform to EU law and regulations
-The N-GmbH has the final say "Hausrecht"
And will impose the StVZO during touristenfahrten.
That means that for foreign registered vehicles that want to be "absolutely sure" of being allowed on the ring you should have an independant Tüv test done in Germany and carry that certificate with you. The German Tüv is well respected across Europe.
Drivers of standard production cars have nothing to fear. It will be modified cars that will be controlled/inspected.

how do they determine what classes as modified though? I'd imagine most or certainly a lot of the cars that go there are running aftermarket exhausts and filters, so how have other Clio'ers that have been and go regularly get around this? Or is it a case of if Ben's heard going in there with a ITB bark and whining charger that they would base scrutineering on?

Clio172.S2 RST. Evo4
I would def get your seats/seat runners/rollcage looked at. I have been looking through the Ringers forum and they look like the hot items. That said alot of people seem to be saying it will be like the db restrictions i.e dont stand out/take the piss and you should be ok.....

Clio 172 ff
Well, 25k seems a little too much, and I am by no means an expert, but to get everything fully TÜV registered, I would guess you'd have to spend probably something in the mid 4 digits. The main problem being the supercharged engine. You'd need an emissions report for it, which would cost you probably around €1.500-2.500 alone, you'd need a noise report, the speedo calibrated, maybe a power measurement (your regular rolling road would not be enough, I suppose) and a few other things.

Now, as I said, I am absolutely no expert and all my information is from the internet and nothing of it is official, so it should be taken with a heap of salt.

If you're really interested, I could ask in a german forum what you'd really be looking at -- and if it's at all possible.

ben are u sure the seats/subframes will meet FIA standards? they use FIA side mounts yes, but are you not ment to use the cobra subframes aswell, I am planning on doing the same as you next year and just mounting seats direct to the car, y do the germans have to make things so difficult!