ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Titanium 182
The plate would cover it, or get a piece of perspex?....Simples.

Jamie means this won't take any drag away from the car, since no air will pass through the cabin. Could save a tiny bit of weight, though.

Chris, what's going on with this now? You'd better not be doing what you said on FB! :|

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
howdy mate

can you tell me what the lower is from?
i am looking at doing the same

IMG_4475.jpg

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Now that is a very good but sad idea. I may be sad and make the bumper in solid works and do a bit of CFD haha
If i was still at uni i would have had a bash at it. be interesting to see, chuck the results up if you get round to it

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE - sort of

After a lot of thinking i'm taking the clio off the road early for the winter. I'll be buying a little run a round in the next few weeks, probably a little saxo/106 and just using that to get around.

I have got a big list of bits i want to do to the clio this winter and then when its nice enough weather i'll hopefully get to lots of trackdays.

Here is the list of bits i'll be doing over the winter:

Wrapping Manifold
Powdercoating wishbones & front ARB orange and Polybushing them
Powdercoating parts in the engine bay
Deleting the AC & PAS
Deleting ABS and running Braided hoses in the car
Getting longer but shorter rad from a Seat
Delete Heater matrix
Aftermarket Fan
Oil catch tank
Small front spacers
Whiteline Rear ARB
New sausage filter
New windscreen
New t**t strip
Fit a Mk1 clio dash

So lots of stuff to keep me busy and i'll still update this when i get them done :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
pmsl.....bit of an oversight...lol
i think i will be keeping my unit, but the rest may dissapear

Just thought, did you mean clear the outside from dirt or clear the inside of misty glass?

I have a small electric heater for demisting the windscreen. Only weight .5kg :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE:

Just a small update for now, bought some 1.2 bullets the other day, not sure why but i just kinda wanted some.

Anyway, Before -

IMG_4522.jpg

After

IMG_4523.jpg

Might get them sprayed silver then with black writing. But its right on the bottom of my to-do-list.

A little while ago i took an angle grinder to my bonnets second skin. I only chopped a little bit out so it kepts its strength. and it looked like this.

IMG_4524.jpg

But as the bonnet is pretty nackered i thought i'd chop lots more out and just strengthen the very front of the bonnet so it doesnt flap around like Daz's bonnet did when he did it to his.

So after lots of grindy grindy i was left with this

IMG_4528.jpg

I'm going to get the bits of glue/rubber off tomorrow and might spray the middle to make sure it doesnt rust any more.

Saved more weight than i was expecting too

IMG_4527.jpg

Bought this a little while ago too, a Mk1 clio dash

IMG_4531.jpg

I would like to get at flocked as some point too, Just waiting too see what ph-reebone's dash looks like first ;)

Hopefully getting some help next week to get it running or at least find out what the problem might be. So will update then :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Except the ring I dont think its been tracked since the cage/itb's/strippage.

Need to pull your finger out next year chris ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
why have you gone for a MK1 dash?

Also do u have any plans to race this car?

If i remember right the 1*2 dash weights around 15kg and the Mk1 clio dash weight somthing like 1kg so i've gone for that for the weight saving and for it to stop the glair on the windscreen.

Its mainly just my track car but if it meets racing standards ( which i dont think it will) then at some point i may take it racing in a few years.

But for now i'm trying to build the lightest 182 possiable and have it ready for next summer ready for some track day Sl*gage

TrackCar & F30 330d
Except the ring I dont think its been tracked since the cage/itb's/strippage.

Need to pull your finger out next year chris ;)

Yeah i seem to have done some expensive things this year

ITB's & mapping £2000
Roll cage + Spraying £1200
Nurburgring £700

So no more expensive thing now, so hopefully get at least 1 trackday a month in :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
:approve:

Let us know which you do and i'll hopefully book on some too :)

Yeah sure i'll let you know, I want to do Cadwell soooooo badly, so it might be the first one to do, Also really want to do Knockhill but its miles away :(

TrackCar & F30 330d
OMG I'VE GOT IT RUNNING....ISH

Help help help,

I can turn it over and it fires up but dies straight away. What could be the problem?

HELP HELP HELP

Cro

Meg'd r27
Definately has to be the tdc mate. That connection and the wiring to it needs the toothcomb treatment

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well as the TDC/crank sensor has been replaced with a brand new item it must be the wiring if thats the only option.

I usually have to start the car with my foot on the throttle and when i did the car reved and then died after 2 seconds and after the revs slowed down.

But i tryed just starting without my foot on the throttle and the car would stay running for around 5 seconds and then it would die.

If i started it with out my foot on the throttle and then try rev it, it would die.

Could it be the TPS? The car might not know what rpm its stpposed to be doing?

Cro

Meg'd r27
With my tps not even plugged in the car will still start and run rough but stay alive using the throttle. With no throttle it will die though

TrackCar & F30 330d
I dont think i'll buy 4pots to be honest, my next brake upgrade is going to be the ABS Delete, new Braded lines in the car with a Brake bias valve. I just need to find out a bit more information on the bits i need and i'll get on with that during the winter.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Just read the entire thread and am well impressed. Looking at taking the wifes 172 cup off the road next year and doing something similar.

This has given me lots of ideas although I don't think I'll be as obsessed with the weight saving.

Hope you get it running healthy again soon.

DCi 100
I hate silver cars. I hate silly orange wheels. I think spending all this money is mental. It looks silly covered in silly stickers.

But I f**king love this car.