ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

BMW Z4
Daves theory was that Agmutu borrowed a tool so he could lend it to someone one else ha ha. Bearing in mind we used to be quite stoned whilst discussing this LOL

Last edited:
  BMW Z4
Haha ha ha ha If you write the word stoned it appears twice and yet in edit post it only shows once ROFL although it didnt in this popst, oh well I must be then.

Sorry for the hijack :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Depending on the weather tomorrow i'll work on the car. The Manual Steering rack is all complete which i am happy with. So we'll see what happens.

Oh and the car wont be ready for another month or two :( but i'm getting there....slowly.

TrackCar & F30 330d
howdy mate
i can't really be arsed to look through the whole thread to find it so though i would ask you as you may know better.

do you have any pictures of your subframes / how you attached your sidemounts to the car?
have fabricated some up but am a little unsure, pics of descriptions or anything will help...lol

Dont know if your still after pics but this is what i have

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

:)

TrackCar & F30 330d
A small update,

So the other day i started to rebuild the subframe and wishbones.

Firstly i had to press the new polybushes into the newly powdercoated wishbones

IMG_4787.jpg

Then press the metal tube inside the bush, now this was a bit of a ball ache as the powdercoaters had powdercoated the inside of the metal sleve so it made is slightly harder to be pushed in. I just useded my vice and they went in fine

Sitting nice and flush

IMG_4788.jpg

I also took all the rust off the bolts and sprayed them black to look a bit nicer

IMG_4789.jpg

And after attaching the wishbones i called it a day that day

IMG_4793.jpg

Next thing to do was to get the piece of copper pipe flared to go onto the steering rack. So went round to my mates place and he flared the ends :)

So i now had the 4 orginal pipe nuts (not sure what they are called) filled with chemical metal, and the piece of pipe.

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

So i screwed the bolts into place to block off the holes

IMG_4806.jpg

And screwed in the pipe

IMG_4804.jpg

So it's gone from this

IMG_4674.jpg

To this

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

So i gave it a degrease and dryed it off

IMG_4809.jpg

And then sprayed it black

IMG_4810.jpg

Couldnt be ar*ed to do any more so called it a day.

Just thought i'd show my Mk1 dash actually in the car too.

IMG_4811.jpg

I had to just cut off the corners so it could fit around the roll cage

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

And i had also lowered the steering coloum a little while ago so its a little lower/closer to me.

IMG_4816.jpg

Its gona get sprayed at some point so it looks a bit neater

:)

TrackCar & F30 330d
good stuff as always mate. Take it you couldn't be arsed to fit the rack back in today then?

Ha, well the powdercoaters were suppose to mask the threads on the rack brackets but they didnt so i couldnt attach them to the subframe and therefor could put the rack back on. Anyway i threw some paint strippon on them and its all good now, but s*d going outside again

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
How come you didnt you go with the usual spacer option with lowering the steering column?? looks like it could be a bit wobbly

TrackCar & F30 330d
How come you didnt you go with the usual spacer option with lowering the steering column?? looks like it could be a bit wobbly

It doesnt move at all, super stiff. I've seen other people do it that way i have so i thought i might at well do the same as it works for them :)

Evo 5 RS
Ha, well the powdercoaters were suppose to mask the threads on the rack brackets but they didnt so i couldnt attach them to the subframe and therefor could put the rack back on. Anyway i threw some paint strippon on them and its all good now, but s*d going outside again

it's fookin' freeeezin now

Have you sprayed your floor pan??!?? Didn't think you had but it looks spotless. I just spent 2 hours prepping..Found mouse droppings :( It's been sitting for awhile lmao

TrackCar & F30 330d
it's fookin' freeeezin now

Have you sprayed your floor pan??!?? Didn't think you had but it looks spotless. I just spent 2 hours prepping..Found mouse droppings :( It's been sitting for awhile lmao

SPRAYED IT!!! yes i got it done professionally when the cage was done.

Took me days and days to prep the inside and i had help from a mate, but we did have to do the cage which was the biggest pain. So when's your getting painted?

Evo 5 RS
ah! started earlier in the week, kevvy the chap who's doing the painting has almost finished the rear end
whilst leaving me to clear up rat s**t

TrackCar & F30 330d
The seats dont flex at all tbh. Flexs a little right at the top of the seat near my head but not much.

I've sat in a few clios with buckets and mine have deffently been one of the lowest seats/subframes

340i
Pah... mine where on the floor, you could drop yours another 10mm~ by removing the original spacers you have between the floor and your frame! ;)

My frames;

9d0ff021.jpg

add52c1d.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Pah... mine where on the floor, you could drop yours another 10mm~ by removing the original spacers you have between the floor and your frame! ;)

My frames;

9d0ff021.jpg

add52c1d.jpg

I want them, they look so much neater than the bodged up ones i bought lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
he better not have his drawings, he told me he didn't... mine will sit lower...lol

crispy work looks good mate, the subframe looks awesome all coated up, really really nice, may have to consider the same when i come to fit all my polybushes,
you only just placed the dash in there? fit quite nicely don't they

340i
The drawings where destroyed after production for security reasons... ;) LOL

Foxy sent me a rough drawing of his frames from his MK2 Clio... I then altered the design slightly and re-drew them on CAD, then got them fabricated.

But I cannot find the file anywhere, not sure what I did with it?!

340i
LOL... I didn't know it was written off?

The new owner had an off on a track day, but definitely not a write off?

I've not heard anything about it since

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE,

Spent the day trying to get as much done as possiable as i might not be able to work on it next weekend.

So after spraying the steerign rack yesterday i fitted it to the subframe.

IMG_4818.jpg

You might see on the rack brackets that i had to use paint stripper to get the powdercoat out of the thread, it did work but made a mess of one of them :(

IMG_4821.jpg

Next was to figure out where the new Powerflex ARB bushes went

IMG_4820.jpg

Fitted in place

IMG_4823.jpg

Now I'm not sure but i think i have been hit with the curse again. Now i have attached everything correctly and bought the correct size but this doesnt look right!??

Its the inner bush on the ARB.

IMG_4830.jpg

The other side looked even worse but i attached it any way can anyone tell me if there's looked completly round or did it deform like a bit*h like mine has done?

Anyway evenually get the subframe all built up so this is what it looks like

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

So this is the underside of the car with out the subframe

IMG_4836.jpg

And this is it with it :)

IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

A few pics from above

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

So thats it for now, hopefully going to order a 172 cup alternator and all my braded bits for the brakes this week coming. I'm please with my days work :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i love how you can see the colour of the subframe through the bumper grille, looks bloody ace!

Nice work Chris, looks great.

You need to book a trackday so you have deadline for getting it finished ;)

I could send you a link to one if you fancy ;)