ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Well hopefully it wont be too short, but i did think the other day that it may flap around when driving but only time will tell.

What you could do is just shorten down your metal standard tow eye so just the hoop sticks out and then you only have to drill a 15mm hole in the rear bumper insert and bumper. That would look good i think, or just do what i'm doing and have a strap sticking out

What about some sticky backed velcro to hold it in place/down? if you came to remove it bit of hot water would get it off (the sticky velcro) with out damaging the paint

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
a lot of race cars have a second hole where the strap is threaded back inside the bodywork. Nice and neat then

TrackCar & F30 330d
Time for an update, I did just type this all out and my laptop just crashed so i’m having to write it again L

So after i had tarted up my engine i then really noticed that the subframe was a right mess and thought about painting it. It was taking ages to degrease and i then decided to just get a load of parts powdercoated.

I used a local company in Aylesbury called OmniKote. http://www.omnikote.co.uk/ They were so nice and helpfull and had a huge range of colours to choose from and they were also the cheapest.

So here’s a picture of the subframe and wishbones before.

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

And here are some pictures of the new powdercaoted parts :D

IMG_4780.jpg

Bit more of a close up

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

Haha, i really like it and the picture dont really do it justice.

Now i'm sure a few of you will say why have i spent money powdercoating parts that no one can see. Well i dont really care because i spend most of my time working on it i want it to look nice :)

I was also suppose to be getting some carbon firbre goodness but it didnt turn up today so it may come tomorrow! :(

I'm hopefully going to do some bits and bobs tomorrow depending on the weather so i'll probably update then too :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol bloody love that mate!! :) Now you need to get that up on 2 wheels off the track kerbs and hope some photographer gets some shots!!

It's the little things

TrackCar & F30 330d
how much did onmikote charge you for that little lot mate?

It cost me £144 to have everything done in that colour, it was slightly more expensive than usual as the parts were all shot blasted, then done in white and then done in yellow so there were more processes than if it was done in a normal colour and not a fluresent colour.

lol didn't expect that

What were you expecting?

Oh and thanks for that air filter info :)

mmmm.. Bright coloured powder coating FTW! :)

Yeah dam right, looks so much better in real life!

Lol bloody love that mate!! :) Now you need to get that up on 2 wheels off the track kerbs and hope some photographer gets some shots!!

It's the little things

Haha yeah on some low shots you might be able to see the bright stuff. You'll be able to see the subframe through the front grill which i think will be quite cool :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
looking very smart this mate. cant wait untill i have a clio sport now :) havent read it all but il deffinatly come back for more.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Do they glow in the dark? lol :D

Nope it doesnt glow in the dark unfortunatly, but in daylight it is VERY fluresent. Love it :)

Did u get a manual rack?

That's what I'm fittling to mine.

Nope i've not gone for a manual rack yet. I'm keeping the standard 182 rack, blocked off the holes on the bit of the rack that sticks out and attaches to the coloum, and then i'm currently trying to find copper pipe thick enough so i can connect the two holes in the actuall rack so when i turn the rack fluid can move. It's gona be heavy to steer but we'll see how i get on :)

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Try a breakers for oe pipes ?
I think the bolt on?
Then cut the rubber part off one hose and join it to the other?
Or mybe find a small header tank and put some oil in there?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
howdy mate
i can't really be arsed to look through the whole thread to find it so though i would ask you as you may know better.

do you have any pictures of your subframes / how you attached your sidemounts to the car?
have fabricated some up but am a little unsure, pics of descriptions or anything will help...lol

Evo 5 RS
Chris, there is a pro alloy radiator for sale in the for sale section for 300 notes if you're interested. About half what you'd pay from pro alloy... (Not sure if you've sorted your vag one yet)

Evo 5 RS
aye they're pricey, but build quality is oh so wubberly. Not that it reaaaally matters lol. They do all the 'Chop Shop' stuff

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for that mate but i bought a VAG one a month or two ago. Think i did an undate a few pages ago :)

I'm had some super super bad luck recently and all will be explained when the matter is sorted.

BMW Z4
I know a VERY eccentrc blacksmith called Dave. Very skilled. We would often while away the hours in his forge with a spliff while he banged away. Dave had this theory that there is a God which he called Agamutu, he is the god of borrowing things and general mischief. Dave would put his hammer down and poof it would dissapear. We would then systematically strip the whole forge and after we had given up it would magically appear on top of the anvil.

I myself have felt the presense of Agumutu in my workshop with lost spanners missing nuts all sorts. The best one of mine was a missing ten mill spanner. I looked for that long that I gave up and took lunch. When I came back it was right on top of the air filter! To this day I know it was not there as I had quartered the whole bloody engine bay with military precision in my search for it!

I guess your parts were sound when they left the factory and then Agumutu re machined them just to piss you off!

182cup & 172 racecar
I know a VERY eccentrc blacksmith called Dave. Very skilled. We would often while away the hours in his forge with a spliff while he banged away. Dave had this theory that there is a God which he called Agamutu, he is the god of borrowing things and general mischief. Dave would put his hammer down and poof it would dissapear. We would then systematically strip the whole forge and after we had given up it would magically appear on top of the anvil.

I myself have felt the presense of Agumutu in my workshop with lost spanners missing nuts all sorts. The best one of mine was a missing ten mill spanner. I looked for that long that I gave up and took lunch. When I came back it was right on top of the air filter! To this day I know it was not there as I had quartered the whole bloody engine bay with military precision in my search for it!

I guess your parts were sound when they left the factory and then Agumutu re machined them just to piss you off!
Iv'e had this with a 10mm spanner as well,took rad off,take rad to bench,go to put rad back on no spanner,still not found it lol.Sorry for hijack.