ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Mine had the exact same type of split at the exact same place Chris, I put it down to heat from the exhaust manifold getting to hot and now have my new pipe re-routed around the left side of the engine bay away from the exhaust

TrackCar & F30 330d
Mine had the exact same type of split at the exact same place Chris, I put it down to heat from the exhaust manifold getting to hot and now have my new pipe re-routed around the left side of the engine bay away from the exhaust

Where did you get the new pipe from as i also wanted to route the pipe to the left hand side of the engine.

ITB'd MK1
Ok thanks,

I think it split after it was mapped.

Could it be down on power because of this hole in the pipe?

Unlikely to have much effect at full throttle. Would have caused a fair imbalance between cylinders at light throttle and idle though......and your brakes would have been suffereing

Cro

Meg'd r27
I just went down to the local motorfactors and got some fuel line hose. Cheap and hard enough so that it won't deform under suction or anything

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for the Info laddos.

I've posted somthing in the wanted section but i'll put it in here too. I'm after another Powerflex Wishbone Metal Sleve as one of the ones i had is nackered.

If anyone has a spare then please PM me. Thanks x x x x :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
All sorted now, Powerflex have sent me a new replacement Sleeve in the post all for free which was very nice of them.

So should get the last sleeve tacked in place and then can get all my parts to the powdercoaters friday so it sould be ready the end of next week :)

Quite excited now :)

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Lol how funny In one of those pics there is my car before I owned it an my sisters bf had it. The silver ph1 with the car bra m66 gow.

Lionel Richie
^if you don't tack them in they WILL move, and try and cut their way through the subframe = bad

MUST be tack welded in

TrackCar & F30 330d
WHY OH WHY DOES THIS SH*T ALLWAYS HAPPEN TO ME!!!!!

I allways seem to get the stuff which has a defect or a mistake!!!!

First off I had a incorrectly machined set of AST solid suspension top mounts

Then a Dodgey Pipercross ITB filter

Then an incorrect Vibratechniques Gearbox mount

Now i have a incorrect Powerflex metal sleeve batch

:(

So Kam Racing sent me a set of wishbone bushes & metal sleeves and the wall thickness of the metal sleeves was 1.0mm - CORRECT :)

Then a slight tacking mistake of my own meant we had to get a replacement sleeve and powerflex sent me a replacement sleeve next day which was very nice. HOWEVER the new sleeve is 1.5mm thick and the polybush does not fit. :(

So if you have just bought a set of bushes check the wall thickness of the metal sleeve is 1.0mm thick befor you tak them onto the wishbones.

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE:

Just a text update for now.

As its been Christams i havnt really touched the car. Long story but i had to refit the subframe and all that shizzle to get it out of the garage so the Rarri & aston could go back in :( boooo.

But the car in now back outside and on axle stands with a load of parts in the boot of the family waggon all ready to go to the powdercoaters on Tuesday :)

So a combination of Christams pressents and me just buying stuff had arrived over the last few weeks.

A front TRS Tow Strap
A rear TRS Tow Strap
A fancy tyre pressue reader and deflator for trackdays
A 14" Longacre roll cage mounted rear view mirror
New Brake vacume hose
and some other little bits.

I've been thining down the standard engine bay loom which has kept me busy and now i'm just about ready to start measuring out the lenghts of wires the new Omex loom need to be to hide all the wires.

So hopefully I should get the car running by the beginning of Feb, fingers crossed :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
This is when it all gets a bit nasty,doing all the little bits and bobs.

Yeah i've run out of "fun" things to do. I went outside this morning and basically just stared at the car for 5 mins and then just came inside as i couldn't really be bothered lol

your mirror arrived then

Yes thank you Santa I opened it Christmas day :D

Did Santa get you anything nice ;-)

LOL.

Just for everyone that doesnt know Mr Bomber sent me his spare rear hub/wheel spacers just before christmas and they arived when i wasnt in. My parents took them and wrapped them up for christmas lol, So i got two bits of 10mm sheet steel for christmas haha.

Thanks again mate :)

Your list sounds pretty good.
You make it sound like you wire tucking the new loom?

Yes I am wire tucking.....y0!

The Omex loom is 3meters long so its long enough to run it out of the way and behind stuff and as I'm making it I can cut it all to length so there wont be tonnes of excess loom.

All the relays, fuses which are usually on the right hand side of then engine bay (on the standard loom) will be located inside the car below the Mk1 dash passenger side. So the only bits which will need to go into the wings & engine bay are for the lights, Alternator, Coolant temp and wiper.

So the Omex ECU, Standard ECU, fuses & relays will all be neatly on the inside of the car.

It'll all make sence when i finish it :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm not sure about therapeutic but I like how the loom was huge before i started and now its really thin and leightweight.

My parents really dont think the car will run again lol. they have no faith!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Great read just been through every page.
Some nice pictures too .
Those bodies look great !
Keep up the hard work

TrackCar & F30 330d
I got one for the front and one for the back as a xmas pressent :) why?

My cubbord at home is full of goodies cant wait to get home and fit some shizzle this weekend.

Got all my stuff back from the powdercoaters and hopefully have come carbon fibre goodnes too :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I've sourced a front on e-bay, but would like a rear one too. Can't see where to get one from?!

TrackCar & F30 330d
OHHHHHHHHHHHH i see, lol, i have the same tow strap for the front than i do for the rear. If you remember i cut the little rear bumper insert out to aid areo didnt i so the strap will just poke through that. I havnt fitted it yet as i need a bolt first but i'm sure it'll be long enough

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well hopefully it wont be too short, but i did think the other day that it may flap around when driving but only time will tell.

What you could do is just shorten down your metal standard tow eye so just the hoop sticks out and then you only have to drill a 15mm hole in the rear bumper insert and bumper. That would look good i think, or just do what i'm doing and have a strap sticking out

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I'll probably go for the strap sticking out and hopefully find a bolt to fit, should be easy enough.