ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Golf GTD Mk7
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

looking good mate. would be an idea to have them wuick release for sure. having to remove the bumper all the time will be a pain. Clip on ftw :)

Titanium 182

Nope havnt found any tunnels, allthough i have found the tunnel in town which gets a regular brap through lol

Ring road tunnel as you come up to the junction before Sainsbury's? Love that tunnel! Earlier we were in my friends '68 Beetle and the backfire was so loud it deafened me!

ITB's, ring road tunnel... bwaaaarp!

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184

Where are the tunnels?

I did loads of research on it before Haloween (trying to avoid doing work) and found pictures of some proper creepy looking bits, most of which I've found.

iirc there entrance was down near the woods near the were the bus stop was, i was proper hammered when i went to see them but f**k going in them heard to many stories about what use to go on in them.

they might have blocked them up now they were try get them done when i was there in 04/05

back on topic

this looked good in the flesh and will be a proper animal when the itb's go on.

why you not getting them done at rstuning?

Qashcow

looking good mate, hopefully the cages will be ready by the time your going down to ktec!

mines been stripped tonight, am respraying the interior and getting it all ready for the cage..... if it even happens

TrackCar & F30 330d

iirc there entrance was down near the woods near the were the bus stop was, i was proper hammered when i went to see them but f**k going in them heard to many stories about what use to go on in them.

they might have blocked them up now they were try get them done when i was there in 04/05

back on topic

this looked good in the flesh and will be a proper animal when the itb's go on.

why you not getting them done at rstuning?

My home home is down south so the ITB's will be on when i'm down south and i'm off to ktec to pick up my cage so i might as well get it RR'd at K-tec :)

looking good mate, hopefully the cages will be ready by the time your going down to ktec!

mines been stripped tonight, am respraying the interior and getting it all ready for the cage..... if it even happens

Eugh, spraying, I need to get mine done too, Gona try get all my work done now so i can spend 3 weeks working on the car over christmas. Not sure the GF will like it though lol

I think i'm just gona go for a Black interiour and a silver cage. I better start raiding halfords for all their spary cans lol

Have you decided on what colour cage to go for?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Just read through your thread. Very very nice car. However, I did think it looked better with the black wheels on it. But thats just me.

Will you be doing the engine work yourself or getting a garage to do it?

storthes hall... oh the carnage i caused there!!!

car looks brilliant, alot of kudos there lad. keep up the work :)

Titanium 182

I think we should have a seperate thread for 'those that have stayed at/know someone that has stayed at Storthes Hall'. There's so many of us! lol

Chris I have a Halfords trade card and normal discount card, so let me know if you want to get spray paint. Paint only comes with the 10% discount, but every little helps!

TTRS & V50

Nice idea with the lights.

I can imagine it being a pain changing lights and wheels at the track each time. But meh.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Just read through your thread. Very very nice car. However, I did think it looked better with the black wheels on it. But thats just me.

Will you be doing the engine work yourself or getting a garage to do it?

I have another set of OZ F1s and they are black. they have my R888s on :)

Yeah i'll be doing all the work myself, All the wok on my car was done by me, apart from the servicing/cambelt :)

storthes hall... oh the carnage i caused there!!!

car looks brilliant, alot of kudos there lad. keep up the work :)

Cheers mate, another Storthes hall goer. lol

I think we should have a seperate thread for 'those that have stayed at/know someone that has stayed at Storthes Hall'. There's so many of us! lol

Chris I have a Halfords trade card and normal discount card, so let me know if you want to get spray paint. Paint only comes with the 10% discount, but every little helps!

Oh ok, well i have a trade discount card myself as i am an engineering student :)
But i may borrow you to order some other little bits using your normal discound card, things like Neons and stuff ;)

Nice idea with the lights.

I can imagine it being a pain changing lights and wheels at the track each time. But meh.

Well the thing is when the ITB's are on i wont have a slam pannle of the flat part of the grill so i will have a bit more space to get to the bolts. But we'll see, I'l give them a test fitting at christmas :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

I have another set of OZ F1s and they are black. they have my R888s on :)

Yeah i'll be doing all the work myself, All the wok on my car was done by me, apart from the servicing/cambelt :)

Respect for that. Project threads are always good, but when you find one where the work has all/mostly been done by the owner, then respect given for that.

TrackCar & F30 330d

TINY UPDATE:

Took my drive shaft out thismorning it was properly Bu**ered. The bearings had failed which was why the car was shaking its self to peices.

IMG_3478.jpg

Anyway off to get the driveshaft refurbed new bearing and boots etc so the car should be back on the road in no time :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Been spending a little more money recently. Still dont ave my driveshaft back yet so the clio hasnt been driven in 2 weeks :(

Here are my recent goodies

3mm PTFE gasket
IMG_3499.jpg

Flush Plus Locking Aerocatches
IMG_3496-1.jpg

Coolant Temp Sensor from K-tec, came very quickly which was cool :)
IMG_3498.jpg

So now i have everything for the ITB's to go on. So i'll be fitting the Aerocatches asap so i can maybe start fitting the ITB's

I'm still port & poloshing the inside of the ITB inlet mani so i just need to get on with that and finish it.

TrackCar & F30 330d

I love that I get to see this car every morning. I pretend in my head that it's mine! :)

Get some of that student loan spent on some Coilovers and white 2118's and then you'll love you own little pocket rocket.

I'l take you out for a spin in mine later on in the week and you'll be spending money like its going out of fashon ;)

Titanium 182

Get some of that student loan spent on some Coilovers and white 2118's and then you'll love you own little pocket rocket.

I'l take you out for a spin in mine later on in the week and you'll be spending money like its going out of fashon ;)

If I had a student loan to spare, you know I would!

Swear Storthes are ripping me off - this term I got £1100 as a loan, accomodation cost me £1900! ;'(

Can't wait to go out in yours though!!

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE:

Got up nice and early today as i picked my refurbed driveshaft up yesterday.

Its was SOOOOO chilly outside not very nice to do work on ya car.

IMG_3508-2.jpg

Here is the refurbed driveshaft, new boots and bearing. I did notice the inner boot looked bigger than i remember the old one being, but hey ho.

IMG_3509-1.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

Car Jacked up :)

IMG_3511-1.jpg

I put the drive shaft in and noticed that the boot was deffently too big. I rang the company that refurbed the shaft and they said that it was the correct boot for that shaft and car. So i didnt really know where to do.

IMG_3523.jpg

So i had a good look at the part the boot was catching on and decided modify the head a little so the boot would not foul the head.

So took the shaft out again, and took a hacksaw to the head lol.

IMG_3524.jpg

I then filed the head to there was no sharp edges and refitted the shaft. It was all good and the shaft didnt foul the head anymore.

Put the car all back together and started her up after not driveing here for over 2 1/2 weeks. she fired up straight away which was nice.

Looks like i'll be needing some new discs soon too, damn Carbone Lorraines ;)

Aerocatches to be fitted next :)

But tomorrow efforts are on my flat mates CRX :)

IMG_3512-1.jpg

Titanium 182

Nice bit of improvising there!

New flat mate, or new car? Haven't seen this CRX yet! :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

Nice work there getting around the boot problem!

172 Race Car

Your driveshafts are fitted high up aren't they? If it was fouling the head ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Nice bit of improvising there!

New flat mate, or new car? Haven't seen this CRX yet! :)

Its Ash's the guy who has the Scooby, this is his old beast which is now back on the road. Needs the ride height and camber etc sorting out a bit.

Nice work there getting around the boot problem!

Yeah the boot net works a treat. Its also attached to the harness eyebolts so if my birds shopping falls out of the bags it doesnt go all over the car :)

Your driveshafts are fitted high up aren't they? If it was fouling the head ;)

LOL fail. I meant block ha ha.

Havnt you finished that race car yet??? ;)

CLIO Iceberg 172

had to do the same thing to my inner CV boot when i replaced it.
i think it was the reason it went in the first place. good work so far keep it up

BG 182

the car has come on leaps and bounds since i saw it with tobs in aylesbury keep up the good work and when your back down this way we'll have to all meet up again.
G

TrackCar & F30 330d

the car has come on leaps and bounds since i saw it with tobs in aylesbury keep up the good work and when your back down this way we'll have to all meet up again.
G

Yeah maybe a meet sorted out for Christmas, I'll have my ITB's on by then :)

How much was that coolant sensor mate?

The sensor was £20 (inc Vat) delivered, came very quickly when i ordered it from K-Tec :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE:

So i've spent quite a few days sanding the inside of the ITB inlet mani as it was quite rough. Here are a few pics of my attempts

Before

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3530-2.jpg

After

IMG_3531.jpg

Before on the Right and after on the left.

IMG_3533.jpg

I'm not ecpecting to get 5bhp more but every little bit counts :)

I'm fitting the ITB's on the 15th then i'm off to K-Tec on Thursday the 17th for a live map and to pick up my K-Tec Filter :)

Exciting times

TTRS & V50

Lol sack sanding them, they must take ages.

How do you afford all this (itb's) as a student ??

TrackCar & F30 330d

Lol sack sanding them, they must take ages.

How do you afford all this (itb's) as a student ??

Yeah it took ages.

Quite a few people ask me how i can afford it all.

I'm a Pimp lol

Belive it or not i get no money at all from my family, i am just very carfull with my money and saved a lot when i was younger. I've worked lots when i can, and student loans people help me get through uni.

I just work hard get money and spend it all on my Car, Uni & "the wife" ;)

TTRS & V50

Still beats me lol, i worked in a bodyshop for two years and i must have p**sed it up the wall cause i cant afford f**k all now. 1.1k student loan a term goes instantly too. Clearly 90% goes on narcotics.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Still beats me lol, i worked in a bodyshop for two years and i must have p**sed it up the wall cause i cant afford f**k all now. 1.1k student loan a term goes instantly too. Clearly 90% goes on narcotics.

I basically worked since i was 16 and have saved 90% of the money. So i've spent all my savings on the car :)

The ITB's will be the last thing i get untill i get a full time job after finishing Uni.

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE:

Spent just over 24 hours over the last 2 days working on the car in my old mans garage :)

So this is what the car used to look like.

IMG_3558.jpg

Removed the slam pannle and the grill. (will be chopping the top part of the grill off)

IMG_3561.jpg

Masking taped up the bonnet so i could cut my Aerocatch holes.

IMG_3562.jpg

5 hours later i had two holes in the bonnet, the reason it took me so long is i only had a drill and a grinding tool and some rubbish cutters

IMG_3563.jpg

Finally fitted, about 98% identical both sides. can anybody spot my nice FAIL on the bonnet :(

IMG_3565.jpg

Anyway, removed the Carbon Canister which is what i meant to do months ago so i can fit my CAF's to the brakes. Bit of weight saving :)

Removed the Air box, TB, Plenum, and engine mount. I then removed the block of Iron under the engien mount.

IMG_3575.jpg

I had to go out the next day for a 16mm spanner for that B*****D of a bolt on the left hand side of the lower inlet. Eventually took the inlet off.

Oh and getting the Fuel rail out was a pain in the back side.

IMG_3577.jpg

This was the place i chose to mount the Coolant temp sensor.

IMG_3580-1.jpg

After some drilling & tapping the sensor was in.

IMG_3583.jpg

Next thing was change the spark plugs, leads and refit the coil pack.

Then i placed the 3mm PTFE gasket on and attached the ITB's on :)

IMG_3587.jpg

Was a right pain getting it on as there is just no space.

Then I just wrapped all the old loom up and placed it in the gearbox mount and placed the standard ECU on top and cable tied it down.

Then placed the New loom in and connceted it all up to the OMEX. (thanks to Sideways danny for the last bit of help)

IMG_3602.jpg

First time i went to start it..........:( it was turning over but not firing.

Anyway after a bit of thinking i realised there was a tiny lead which i had not connected to this.

IMG_3589.jpg

Then as soon as i had done that she fired up staright away.

Sounds like she's running the dirtyest cams right now which is mint lol

Off to K-tec tomorrow for a live custom map thingy

So i'll upload some videos of her on the new dyno :)

Titanium 182

Excellent work Chris - makes it feel so much more special when you do all the work yourself!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Excellent work Chris - makes it feel so much more special when you do all the work yourself!

When it fired up i had the bigest smile on my face.

My old man saw the enigne when it was at its bearest and he said what happens if it doesnt start. No Faith lol

DMS

A thirsty 172

Well done for doing it yourself. I wish I had the time, patience and knowledge to do all my own mods.