ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Qashcow
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

good to see it DIY. when it comes down to it, its unbolting and rebolting something else on isnt it!

shitter on the bonnet, get a big of slippage with the drillage lol?

my only concern would be getting swarf in the water system with that sensor (initally, not forever i mean)

TrackCar & F30 330d

good to see it DIY. when it comes down to it, its unbolting and rebolting something else on isnt it!

s**tter on the bonnet, get a big of slippage with the drillage lol?

my only concern would be getting swarf in the water system with that sensor (initally, not forever i mean)

Yeah tbh everything with cars (apart from electrics) is just unbolting and rebolting. Its just the order and having the tools and space to do it.

But its a good feeling when you do it all yourself :)

I spoke to Andy (K-Tec) and said the bit of swarf that drops in is quite small and the blades on the pump are quite big so its not so bad if some goes in the system.

The CTS was leaking a little so i've sealed it with some Silicon loctite stuff hopefully it'll dry intime for tomorrow as i have a 2 1/2 hour drive to K-Tec lol

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

Nice one! You've made it look nice and easy :)

R26

Dude, well played on doing all that by yourself! Spot on car, look forward to seeing some videos of it up and running :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

ITB MAPPING:

On Thursday the 17th i had to get up at 6:30 and make my way way down to K-tec.

So about 3 hours later i arrived at K-tec and met Andy and he got striaght on with balancing the ITB's.

After the balancing i drove the car round to the New Rolling Road which is just round the back of the workshop.

From there i gave the car over to Andy and he reversed it onto the rolling road and started to plug all the leads into the car.

IMG_3610.jpg

I had pulled off the stupid rubbish socks for the mapping.

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

The rolling road is in a cell with a "garage door" and when it is closed the outside is astonishing quite. Even my stright through k-tec ultra performance exhausts sounded nice and quiet.

The cell has 2 windows so you can see andy work his magic.

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

The only other little problem i had was down to my rubbish attempet to drill and tap the hole in the side of the coolant jacket thing. The sensor was leaking and got worse and worse as the day went on.

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

But luckly K-tec had a spare one and they drilled a new hole in that one and tapped the correct size hole for the omex CTS. So i wipped the old one off and replaced it for the new one.

So the figures. the car produced 200.0 bhp and 165 Ft Lb which i am very pleased with. The graph curves are very good too :)

I'll scan a copy in soon and i'll upload the little videos later.

Over all I am very impressed with K-tec Racing, they are all very professional and all allways happy to help.

The map on the car is fantastic, the car is so drivable and the power is so strong from such low RPM. The pops bangs and flames are all mint too.

:)

Cro

Meg'd r27

Nice one Chris, Looks cool too. What is/does balancing the itbs do?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

you need to have even air flow into each cylinder, you adjust each butterfly valve to give the same flow rate.

this is important for drivability and starting and idling

TrackCar & F30 330d

Good result that Chris, I bet you're chuffed :)

Bwarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp :D

Yeah i am pretty pleased.

Espically as the car produced 176bhp at the rolling road meet a little while ago. so 24 bhp gain is nice and tidy.

Also the rolling roads are excactly the same so it was a good indication of befor and after.

Good results, bet that's fun to drive

The car is soooooo fast when using all the revs. Going from fly by wire to the cable makes a huge difference.

Did a little 0 - 100 mph last night before it got icy and every gear feels like twice as quick. As in 1st is just rediculus, 2nd feels like first used to 3rd feels like 2nd used to ect.

Just big smiles all the time

i really need some itb's

Do it, i bought these ITB's on the spir of the moment lol

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

If i can work out how to export it to jpeg I will grab the last few and pop it up

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

there was only a 15lb ft variation from 150 lb at 3500 to 150 at 7000 rpm with it peaking at just under 165 in the middle.

BG 182 FF

car looks awesome with the itb's and great results as well. Great work!

TrackCar & F30 330d

congrats on doing all the work yourself

did you have to modify the rad mounts or anything?

Thanks,

I didnt modify the rad mounts at the bottom. The mounts on the top were just taken off. The radiator is a bit loose at the moment. wabbles backwards and forwards but i will be trimming the plastic fan so i can fit this.

IMG_3629-1.jpg

And then making a little bracket so the fan/rad is leant forward away from the trumpets. Also getting a little bit of heat sheilding just to direct the hot air from the fan/rad away from the ITB's

Oh its so cold, cant really be bothered to go outside and fiddle with the car anymore :(

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

cracking car this one....

the orange certainly gets attention

Andy

TrackCar & F30 330d

When i'm driving and lift off the car sounds like its spits a flame or somthing but i obviously could never see. So i thought i'd be a little chavy and see if i could get flames by reving the car a little out in the country.

Just went out with the video recorder but the battery ran out when i got out of town, typical

So i took a little video on the point and shoot camera instead so the quality is rubbish.

[youtube]wMwsA3IFWtA[/youtube]

:)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_EroSGpaMuE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_EroSGpaMuE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Chris, can get it nearly like this if you really want... baffles wont last long though ;-)

Andy

nice thread , some great work you have done on the car, did i see this up for sale a few weeks ago??? or was it someone else's

Cooksport Fleet

Mine never made it too the rollers, the gearbox blew 2 nights before :(

Put a recon box back in it :) with a new clutch.

I may be selling up :(