ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

JB

RB 182 Cup
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

Loving the wheel! What are you going to do about the Cruise and Speed Limiter buttons?

Will a normal suede brush for shoes work on the wheel as mine has gone all shiny :(

TrackCar & F30 330d

Lol my mum didnt go out and buy one, she allready had a suede brush for shoes.

Now i have ITB's i no longer have Cruse & Speed limiter control buttons, and because i have harnesses and buckets the airbag is useless, so i might as well sell it as it is in 98% mint condition.

TrackCar & F30 330d

WHEEL UPDATE:

So after putting my mint standard wheel up for sale and some people wanted it i thought i better get it off the car. So at 8:30 this evening i went out to the car and took the old wheel off and put my now one on.

Here are some pictures i had taken a while ago of the old wheel :)

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3280-1.jpg

I was playing russian roulet with my airbag as i didnt dissconect my battery, it didnt go off in my face so its all good lol.

Only took me about 20mins to take the old wheel off and the new one back on (i should be in F1 with those spannering skills)

Here's the new wheel :)

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

The interiour is SO gash at the moment i really want to tidy it up so the money i will be getting for the wheel is going to be spent of spray paint and i'm gona do the interiour soon.

Also desperatly need two new front tyres so i'll either be buying two more PE2's or two Spec-2's

looks good :) but theres no way in hell i'd of done my wheel without disconnecting the battery! i like having skin on my face.

340i

Sort that floor out ;) White spirits FTW!

The new wheel looks smart mate, still going to the meet on 23rd?

TrackCar & F30 330d

looks good :) but theres no way in hell i'd of done my wheel without disconnecting the battery! i like having skin on my face.

LOL i live on the wild side ;)

Sort that floor out ;) White spirits FTW!

The new wheel looks smart mate, still going to the meet on 23rd?

Yeah i have white spirits but just havnt got round to doing it.

Yeah i'll see you on the 23rd :)

Qashcow

even having disconnected the battery, i still felt like it was russian roulette taking the wheel off lol. looks good mate

TrackCar & F30 330d

even having disconnected the battery, i still felt like it was russian roulette taking the wheel off lol. looks good mate

I had allready taken out my airbag ecu but i suppose the airbag still could have got off in my face lol

TrackCar & F30 330d

I do want the dash flocking but other parts need tidying up before i do that.

I'm in the process of buying the K-tec mounts so they will be good.

I've got a big list of things to do once again:

Spray interiour black
Fit K-tec mounts
Tidy up engine bay a bit more
Spray rocker cover
Clean all pipes in engine bay
Buy two PE2's for the front
Trim loom a little
Fit my ph1 horn stalk
Make a flat floor for below the exhaust

Hmm i think thats it :S.....for now

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice update! lucky boy with the airbag not causing you a couple of black eyes :)

what wheel is that?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Its an RMD wheel from the group buy a month or two back. I was going to get an OMP horn but i've bought a Ph1 172 horn stalk so i'll just use that.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

so you just gonna wire the horn up to the new stalk then? thought a omp centre horn would have been easier?!

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE:

So the car hasnt worked for 4 or 5 days and still cant figure out what is wrong with it. If anybody else can help here are the threads.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=481062
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=480200

So a few goodies arived today.

One is a Ph1 172 horn stalk :)

IMG_3717.jpg

And i've got the dreaded "arrrr its wet so i'm gona crash" Parda Spec-2's to go on the front as my PE2's are slicks :S

IMG_3718.jpg

Also i thought i'd take a picture of my Suede brush for people to look at lol

IMG_3725.jpg

Just need to take my old engine mounts off and send them off so i can swap them for the Group - N jobbies :)

Track 172 & Golf R32

i had paradas on my rallye and they wasnt to bad in the wet to be honest

182 Trophy

Looks epic mate, loved reading this blog and its took me 3 days lol.
Ill be at the meet on the 23rd so will hopefully see it then ;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Hi how much further forward is your steering wheel than the original ? and which boss did you fit?
Cheers!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Hi how much further forward is your steering wheel than the original ? and which boss did you fit?
Cheers!

I fitted the boss from K-tec Racing, the wheel is about 20cm closer to me that the old one one. Perfect position.

Although your fingers do miss the indicators which is a pain sometime untill i get use to it.

Sorted now, Chris?

Nope the car is still dead. I'm in uni today and off out tomorrow so wont get chance to fiddle with it untill sunday. :(

S4 Avant

Looking good, just a shame about the starting problems.

Paradas will be fine in the wet as well, just as long as you don't go hooning over standing water.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Chris

if we can help at all let me know

Andy

Cheers andy, i dont suppose you can think of any reasons why the car just has no power anymore? All fuses are fine all earths are fine, battery is fine.

Do you know what component the yellow fuse looks after?

orginalfuese.gif

We changed the fues for the 15amp didnt we because the red wires were in the wrong place and i couldnt stop the car when running. I think the component might be fried and thats causeing a brake in the circut and therefor no power.

changedfuese.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d

SORTED!!

Multi Meter - £10.00
Battery connections - £3.00
Mates that know more about electrics than i do - Priceless

Cutting a long story short, the problem was the connections on the junction box from when i had relocated my battery.

My friend did say 3 months ago that it was a bad connection but i thought by taping it up would make it better, but it didnt.

Anyway we connected all the corrct cables up to the right places and all the power came back. So over the next few days i will be doing some soldering and making sure all the battery connections are all tight and correct.

Such a relief that its this little problem, thought it was the Omex or somthing expensive.

182 trackday racer

Now you have to change your "Car description" to a 182 with electricity ;)