ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

Here is the video I had made to get a better sound from the ITB's

[youtube]WV3pgCu2Yqg[/youtube]

Basically used one of these as the camera mount

IMG_3818.jpg

I just put the little point and shoot camera on but the camera mount can hold a big video recorder.

I'll be doing a few little videos like this one. The next video will have the video recorder behind the front wheel to see it turing when going down the tight Cat and Fiddle run. Should be good :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Replaced the wing mirrors today with my newly painted orange items :)

Before

IMG_3821.jpg

After

IMG_3826.jpg

Also found these in the garage at home so thought i'd stick them on for a laugh (I am expecting to get a lot of abuse lol)

IMG_3827.jpg

My mate also wanted to have a little swap of steering wheels. So he has my 350mm dished wheel and i have his 320mm OMP Super Turismo

Before

IMG_3823.jpg

After

IMG_3824.jpg

The swap isnt for long, he's just trying my wheel to see if he wants one :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Gone disabled have you? :rasp:

Like the mirrors, glad they stayed orange

TrackCar & F30 330d
  Titanium 182

Here is the video I had made to get a better sound from the ITB's

[youtube]WV3pgCu2Yqg[/youtube]

Basically used one of these as the camera mount

IMG_3818.jpg

I just put the little point and shoot camera on but the camera mount can hold a big video recorder.

I'll be doing a few little videos like this one. The next video will have the video recorder behind the front wheel to see it turing when going down the tight Cat and Fiddle run. Should be good :)

Haha, I know exactly where that road is! That was the run I used to give my Clio around Storthes Hall :)

I also have the exact same camera mount. It's not bad, but when I put my Canon 350D on it's a little heavy for it. For the price it's awesome though!!

Trophy #490

Sounds and looks absolutely brilliant! One of my favourite cars on here, still not seen it around Huddersfield though! :dapprove:

TrackCar & F30 330d

Haha, I know exactly where that road is! That was the run I used to give my Clio around Storthes Hall :)

I also have the exact same camera mount. It's not bad, but when I put my Canon 350D on it's a little heavy for it. For the price it's awesome though!!

Yeah we are living at Storthes :)

I have a shortened standard towing eye so i place the mount just above that and cable tie it to the towing eye for when i put the bigger cameras ont he front.

EDID: just realised its you Mark lol

Sounds and looks absolutely brilliant! One of my favourite cars on here, still not seen it around Huddersfield though! :dapprove:

I think i have seen you, but it was such a long time ago. How long have your had your R26?

Wish I bought these off Dan before you :( lol

Quickest sale ever i think. From posting to me buying them was about 5 mins :)

They are amazing :)

Trophy #490

Had my R26 about 6 months now, it's white with gloss black alloys so it's not hard to miss, trying to blag a permit so I can park outside of the Students' Union but it's not looking promising!

Your registration plate rings a bell actually, although if I saw it before I would've had my Clio Trophy at the time. Still, looks brilliant, and sounds even better. :cool:

Have you re-routed the electric window switches yet?

Im mega tempted today to get some carbon door cards, but i just CBA with f**king it up, and having no windows :):)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Have you re-routed the electric window switches yet?

Im mega tempted today to get some carbon door cards, but i just CBA with f**king it up, and having no windows :):)

I spent 30mins having a look at how it could be done. I didnt realise that the wiring in the door is a seperate loom and has one big connector which goes into a connector on the car.

I pulled all the furry tape off and the wiring really isnt that long. SO, i think i will have to buy a load of new wire. Chop the wiring and just lenghten the loom by about 2meters.

I'll take a pic of the loom

TrackCar & F30 330d

So here is the door loom.

IMG_3847.jpg

You can see there is the big plug on the bottom left.

Just above that is the qwitch and the electric motor connector.

I've just had a thought. If i'm re-routing the drivers side switches to next to the gear stick then i dont need to do a seperate passengers side switch as the double switch will be there too.

So i'm just going to do the drivers side.

340i

I tried this idea...

The WHOLE circuit has to be connected to work, if you unplug the passenger side none of the passenger switches work :(

Manual winders FTW!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yeah i'm just gona use the standard switches for now. I'l put the passenger side loom back and hide all the switches in the door so there is no wiring on show. The door looks mint with no wiring on :)

I'll do the drivers side at some point this week and up date this thread :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

I tried this idea...

The WHOLE circuit has to be connected to work, if you unplug the passenger side none of the passenger switches work :(

Manual winders FTW!

Yeah i know about the circuit malarky.

I'll keep them conneted but just hide them :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

I will need a job before i can start buying more parts for the clio.

Anyway these came the other day,

IMG_3846.jpg

My CL pads have eaten all the grooves in my last set of Max's lol 18,000 miles and 4 trackdays, i'd say they have done me proud :)

Coupe/Defender V8

You're not in work currently with all those toys? youth of today!

Any plans for cams?

TrackCar & F30 330d

You're not in work currently with all those toys? youth of today!

Any plans for cams?

I do a bit of import, export, buying, selling to make money for my toys (not drugs, guns or slaves though)

Nope, no aftermarket cams for me, I'm going to get an LSD at some point but they are quite expensive.

My wish list is:

Full cage (not a dash dodger)
Spray interiour
Powder coat wheels or New wheels
LSD
4 Pots
Poly windows
Carbon bonnet
Carbon/fiberglass doors

Theres allways things to buy :)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Great if you car is a Proper track car but if you have to use it on the Road or leave it out of sight there a bad idea.

Other thing with them is they scratch so easily, we have the rear screen from Plastic4preformance and its got marks on it. Luckily our side ones were custom jobs and have a protective coating on them so they dont scratch.

focus rs

something must of happened to the brakes when it was standin for couple months before i sold it.

fings didnt work wiv the mrs i nearly brought a trophy abou six months ago but brought focus rs instead.

glad u look after it, had sum fun times in tha car.

TrackCar & F30 330d

something must of happened to the brakes when it was standin for couple months before i sold it.

fings didnt work wiv the mrs i nearly brought a trophy abou six months ago but brought focus rs instead.

glad u look after it, had sum fun times in tha car.

Oh right i see,

Did you refurb the wheel yourself?
Also did you have it professionaly polished or anything before i bought it?
Also did you strip it out at some point?
And one more thing did you ever do any track time?

I've allways wanted to know those things lol

It gets driven hard at trackdays but i take real good care of her :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Weight Reduction

As there is practicly nothing inside the car i can take out i decided to turn to the body parts which are double skinned.

Took the bonnet off ages ago to start with.

IMG_3856.jpg

I do quite like the look when the bonnet is off lol

As i had sort of bodged the Aerocatches there was lots of rust round where they had been cut.

Here is the bonnet before

IMG_3858.jpg

And after a bit of angle grinder and heat gun action

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

Not really the best job but it was the first time i had used an angle grinder :eek:

Refitted it for now, Still need to treat the edges so they dont rust.

Now i started taking the boot off

De-spoilered

DSC00264.jpg

De-booted

DSC00267.jpg

Had a think about what i was going to cut and where.

DSC00268.jpg

Marked it up

DSC00270.jpg

Forgot to get a picture of it on the floor

Much better though

DSC00272.jpg

I'll be doing the doors after i get a cage fitted with door bars.

:)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looks like there was a fair bit of metal to be removed from the tailgate; would be interested to know how much weight you saved overall :)

First photo is epic too! :cool:

TrackCar & F30 330d

I think there was about 1.5-2.0 kg saved today i think.

The car was 1100kg and it now weighs around 930kg with 200bhp :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Sell me your cup spoiler :rasp:

Pm me with a price if its for sale

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

You need a cage tbh, especially now youve gone as far as cutting skins out.

Still have all the Brackets to cut out of the shell as well.