ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

A4 130
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

Just read through the whole thread, the car is awesome, money well spent!

clio 197

wow, thats a serious penny you have spent on that. what miles you at now?

what od you do at uni outta intrest

TrackCar & F30 330d

After making a mess of the engine bay by trying to figure out what the problem was i spent today tidying it up a little. Mainly just the wiring and then i can get on with cleaning it and painting bits.

Here is a pic before i started to mash everything

IMG_3675.jpg

Then after i had made a mess of everything.

IMG_3727.jpg

Now here it is after todays efforts.

IMG_3734.jpg

It might not look that great but its about as good as its gona get

Today i also started to white sprit all the tar/glue so i can get the interiour sparyed but it was taking ages and got bored so i have left it for another day.

I just need to get my battery back from my mate who put it on charge at work. and refit one of my trumpets and i can take her for a spin :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

dude what about all the plugs etc for your ecu? they don't appear to have any weather proofing at all?

a human is only as good as its brain, a car as its ecu....ie, if a persons brain fails / dies..the person does....

TrackCar & F30 330d

dude what about all the plugs etc for your ecu? they don't appear to have any weather proofing at all?

a human is only as good as its brain, a car as its ecu....ie, if a persons brain fails / dies..the person does....

What should i use to protect them? Do you mean put the ECU in a little box?

I thought the ECU was semi water resistant?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oh are you looking at the second picture. the plugs and wiring is the old loom, It is all tidyed up and protected.

TrackCar & F30 330d

EXACTLY...lol, any electronics in your car / engine bay i would want as water resistant as possible, surely with open wires about they aren't going to be that resistant

Very true, I will protect the wires tomorrow. Make it a bit safer :)

Is your ECU in a little box?

Nothing at the mo :(

You havnt read my thread have you? lol

I fitted it all myself

Cost me about £2000 for everything including a live remap by K-tec :)

Money well spent imo

I have read some lol, but i forget easy

£2k.. not bad... wish i could fit it myself lol

TrackCar & F30 330d

I have read some lol, but i forget easy

£2k.. not bad... wish i could fit it myself lol

Arrr i see, The ITB's are really really easy to fit. The the end of the day it just undoing parts and bolting new parts on.

I think it woud cost about £500 to have them fitted by a company.

If you buy some i'll fit them for you for £450 ;) bargin

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Very true, I will protect the wires tomorrow. Make it a bit safer :)

Is your ECU in a little box?

His ecu is FULLY waterproof

as jay said, mine is fully waterproof, however my build was done very differently to yours, i genuinely salute you for putting the effort in, i would just advise on trying to waterproof it the best way possible

TrackCar & F30 330d

as jay said, mine is fully waterproof, however my build was done very differently to yours, i genuinely salute you for putting the effort in, i would just advise on trying to waterproof it the best way possible

Thanks mate, i will deffently take your advice and find a way to keep her little brain nice and safe from H2O

What was wrong with it in the end?

The problem was the poor connection from battery, starter motor and omex loom to the junction box. So it's all fixed now.

Took it for a little drive last night with my mate and had wheel spin at about 80-90mph over some mud near a farm. fully shat myself and made me remember why i only really drive fast on track. Nearly threw away 10k :dead:

Cooksport Fleet

Thanks mate, i will deffently take your advice and find a way to keep her little brain nice and safe from H2O

The problem was the poor connection from battery, starter motor and omex loom to the junction box. So it's all fixed now.

Took it for a little drive last night with my mate and had wheel spin at about 80-90mph over some mud near a farm. fully shat myself and made me remember why i only really drive fast on track. Nearly threw away 10k :dead:

We have all done it! Glad you sorted it out :)

Photoshoot soon?

TrackCar & F30 330d

So last night a mate wanted to see if he could catch a photo of my car spitting a flame. Its his new camera and he's not that used to it yet.

Any way on the way there i drove infront and my other mate followed me in his saxo vts whilst my mate tryed getting a photo.

It didnt really work to be honest, but our sprited driving made my brakes get nice and hot and the carbone lorraine's did there thing and were sparking loads under braking. He managed to get a few bumpy shots of the brakes sparking.

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

So we got to Castle Hill and as the exhaust was nice and hot i gave it a few little revs

[youtube]Cka6w92iPJs[/youtube]

He got one shot of mine just starting to spit some

IMG_0231.jpg

And one of my mates 106 Rallye :)

IMG_0099.jpg

Just a bit of fun really lol

TrackCar & F30 330d

Time for a new update i think:

Had my MOT last week which it flew past with no problems :cool:

Karma came back to bite me though

DSC00258.jpg

As you may have noticed electrics are not my strongest point and it turned out to an earth had vibrated loose and caused a short blar blar blar. Anyway the RAC man was an absoult ledgend and went round the engine bay putting new proper connectors on all the earths and earthing them properly. He even lengthened a bit of wireing for me to so the old look new loom and ECU will fit in a little water proof box which i will be getting soon so then engine bay should look a million times better and keeping the expensive OMEX dry.

I bought some CAF tubing around 5 months ago and it just been sat in my room for ages so the other day i decided to fit it

IMG_3799.jpg

Jacked the car up, took the bumper off, removed those big block on the back of the bumper fitted the CFA's and refitted the bumper.

FAIL, the bumper wouldnt line up correctly and the bonnet over hung the bumper by around 2" :( so a few cable ties later and a volvic bottle all was good.

IMG_3769.jpg

Removed the washer jets too and will be either making some blanks or just using a grommet lol

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

The orange wing mirrors was looking a little sorry for them selfs after RAF Mraham had stone chiped the SH*T out them and the whole of the car :(

So i sanded them donw a bit

IMG_3789.jpg

And sprayed them up again

IMG_3790.jpg

So once i've finished off the other wing mirror i'l put them back on.

I wanted the K-tec engine & gearbox mounts for ages and finally got the engine mount off Powey.

IMG_3791.jpg

I knew my engine mount was a little warn but i didnt know it was as bad as it was.

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

So it turnes out if was fully F*cked and has made a right mess under neath it.

This is why

IMG_3800.jpg

The New mount is amazing, the vibrations massages my back a treat and then car feels a lot tighter and is a lot nicer to drive.

IMG_3797.jpg

I now just need the gearbox mount so if anyone is selling one then PM me and i'll take it :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

What a nice chap the guy from the RAC was! Orange still looks cool - I should have my wheels done in orange back this week too :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

think the orange works very well,
doh on the electrics

were do your caf ductings go?

Oh yeah i didnt actually say, they go to my brakes, I'm going to get those wind deflectors at some point.

I'm still working on my special CFA's to the ITB :evil:

focus rs

no mate never ever been in a prang while i owned it. it went into renault to hav aircon sorted and when i got it back they had pressed on bonnet to shut it and put a crease in it and as u no the car was mint so i got a brand new bonnet and had the bumper painted at same time to make it mint again. i loved tha car mate. alot has changed lol. iwil b at french car show this year in my mates 106 turbo il look out for it there.

TrackCar & F30 330d

no mate never ever been in a prang while i owned it. it went into renault to hav aircon sorted and when i got it back they had pressed on bonnet to shut it and put a crease in it and as u no the car was mint so i got a brand new bonnet and had the bumper painted at same time to make it mint again. i loved tha car mate. alot has changed lol. iwil b at french car show this year in my mates 106 turbo il look out for it there.

Oh i see, thats good to know as i did wander how it was so mint.

I did love it how i bought it but got the trackday bug and got a bit carryed away with buying bits.

I'll eventually get the bumper and bonnet resprayed so the body work will be mint again. I still park it on the other side of car parks and allways on the end of bays. Apart from stone chips the body work is still mint.

Oh and the brakes were fully shocking when i bought it off you lol