ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

You need a cage tbh, especially now youve gone as far as cutting skins out.

Still have all the Brackets to cut out of the shell as well.

Yeah will hopefully have a cage before i go to the Ring in July.

And yes the brackets will be getting cut out, just couldnt be ar*ed to do it today lol

Just noticed the cup spoiler went back on, surely a dynamique one is lighter ;)

Yeah the cup spoiler went back on lol. They are supprisingly heavy.

wish i could have gone for a drive with the bonet boot & spoiler off, probably 20-25 kg i recon.

roll cage = lots of weight , mine weighs 50kg all in , so all this weight you are taking out is going to go straight back in , well 50kg of it anyway

Qashcow

agree fully, but if its a proper cage at least you will be aided with some extra rigidity etc. mines going in now, going until the F1 then time to stop

TrackCar & F30 330d

roll cage = lots of weight , mine weighs 50kg all in , so all this weight you are taking out is going to go straight back in , well 50kg of it anyway

Every little bit counts. If i didnt cut bit and bobs out then the car would be even heavier when the cage goes in.

I recon i still have get about 20-30 kg out of the car.

Still have some tar to get out too :)

What cage do you have?

TrackCar & F30 330d

All out weight saving now.

Never replied to why you want 4 pots ?

Oh yeah, basically to try get better brake pad & disc wear. The grooves on the inside on my Brembo Max's wore out before the outside did.

4 pots will give better wear and they will last longer before needing replacing.

Also they will be lighter than the standard caliper set up :)

JB

RB 182 Cup

What 4 pots are you after? Seeing as you've just bought new Brembos are you going to find some that fit over standard discs?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Wont be getting 4pots yet. I'l try finding a set which i can use the standard discs size.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Havnt really driven the car out of the car park for over two weeks, i havent had a filter on and my tempory replacement filters came today as i need to drive my car tomorrow (good timing)

Before

IMG_3916.jpg

After

IMG_3917.jpg

Soon as i fitted them i went for a drive and the car feels so fast because i havnt driven it in such a long time lol

CL's were sparking away too lol

Big thanks to K-tec for sorting out the Socks, I just cant fault them at all, allways helping, allways top service, allways quick delivery :)

Will be ordering the Group-N gearbox mount from them soon so i have a full set :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Do you have to remove the slam panel with the ktec bodies?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Do you have to remove the slam panel with the ktec bodies?

Nope you dont have too, but i had to remove the orginal bonnet locking thing as one of the trumpets sat directly behind it.

I wanted to remove the slam pannle and cut the grill so it looked like it does :)

Would love to meet up sometime, car looks amazing!

Cheers mate, I'm in Huddersfield atm but when i finisih uni then i'll come to some meets down south :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Not sure if I've missed a post, but what happened to the KTR filter? Are the socks a temporary solution? :)

Coupe/Defender V8

Chris don't you find it feels a bit strangled with those? I did

Get that radiator sorted ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Not sure if I've missed a post, but what happened to the KTR filter? Are the socks a temporary solution? :)

Small teething problem with the KTR Filter, the Gen 2 filter is going on when its finished and made.

Chris don't you find it feels a bit strangled with those? I did

Get that radiator sorted ;)

I think its because i hadnt driven her in such a long time. It felt quick, but maybe not as free reving as it used to. The other thing is that i've taken a few KG out since i last drove it so maybe its balanced its self out type of thing.

I do want a smaller rad & fan, just dont quite have the money yet. Need the KTR gearbox mount first. I did this video a little while back, see how much the engine moves gearbox side. Group-N engine mount is on the right.

[youtube]v6c6RVvWQoQ[/youtube]

Coupe/Defender V8

Yus should change em all at the same time really just puts more strain on the other mounts. I've just fitted the proalloy rad I bought of Dangerousdave awhile back (cheers fella) I'll get some pics up. Fan switch is bonked though >.<

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yeah i was going to replace them all at the same time but got the engine mount before the gearbox one and because the standard mount was foooked i replaced it straight away :)

Look forward to seeing your new rad :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

That does look so much better than the standard one. I'm deffo gona get one when i next make some money.

My AC is gona come out at the weekend :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yeah the sound is quite addictive. allthough i cant really hear it that much inside the car as the strippedness & exhaust combo makes it quite loud inside :(

DCi 100

I wish I knew more technically to understand alot more, all I know is that it's forking cool. I wouldn't roll without a slam panel without a full cage though :/

Is any piece of this car carbon?

Pics of your camera mount would be good aswell ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Car is looking lovely! spec keeps getting better

Cheers mate, just needs a few more bits (like 10-12 bits) to make it how i want lol

I wish I knew more technically to understand alot more, all I know is that it's forking cool. I wouldn't roll without a slam panel without a full cage though :/

Is any piece of this car carbon?

Pics of your camera mount would be good aswell ;)

Yeah cage will be in soonish.

Just a carbon front splitter for now, will eventually get doors, boot, bonnet, and eventually get it in a little race series of some sort.

I'll try get some better pictures of the camera mount. Will be selling it when i get a cage :)

whats with the sock filters?

Small teething problem with the KTR Filter, the Gen 2 filter is going on when its finished and made :)

DCi 100

Make your own bonnet etc? Take a fair bit of work but would be mint IMO. What sort of race series is open to a guy who just has his little clio that he doesn't want to crash? :)

It's a suction mount yeah? Wouldn't want to trust one with anything more than a hand held point and shoot camera tbh lol.

Is all the metal at the bottom of the battery part of the mount btw?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Make your own bonnet etc? Take a fair bit of work but would be mint IMO. What sort of race series is open to a guy who just has his little clio that he doesn't want to crash? :)

It's a suction mount yeah? Wouldn't want to trust one with anything more than a hand held point and shoot camera tbh lol.

Is all the metal at the bottom of the battery part of the mount btw?

Yeah may end up trying to make my own cf bits, allthough by the time i'm earning money i'm not sure i can be ars*d in making stuff, i just want to drive it at trackdays, going to try get as many days in as poss.

Racing the clio is a long long long way away, but i would love to do it. I'd need some sponsors tho.

The metal part your talking about is part of the mount yes so it cant come out.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Update - Electric Window Switches Relocation

So i have been wanting to tidy up the loom in the doors. Forgot to take proper pictures of before but here are some old ones of the loom attached on the doors.

IMG_3280-1.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

Looks very messy so i pulled the loom out and it looked like this (passengers side)

IMG_3847.jpg

I tidyed it up a little and lengthed a few bits of wire and this is what it looked like

IMG_3941.jpg

Now looks like this

IMG_3943.jpg

Did the same with the drivers side

lengthened some wire

IMG_3958.jpg

Tidyed it up, now a bit neater than the passengers side

IMG_3959.jpg

Now it looks like this

IMG_3966.jpg

And now the switches are infront of the gear stick so both driver and passenger can reach it. It'l be mounted properly over the weekend.

IMG_3964.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Are both you boys happy with your ITBS? Worth losing the trip computer/CC etc for?