ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rusty’s Titanium 182 take 2!

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
So a little update.
First up I managed to find a replacement (used) OSF arch liner! Mine was hammered and missing the bottom pulley cover. Spent some time cleaning it up and removing 20 years worth of tar and grime before fitting. It’s one of those items that no one will ever see, but makes me happy knowing it’s all complete.
B8A08E50-792A-4F4F-B7DE-4F09A1352993.jpeg
13664E2D-A5EC-4895-A66F-01444D9BF676.jpeg
51F4EAEC-8B44-42ED-A44C-301C395784DE.jpeg

I have recently suffered with a little abs feedback through the brake pedal when coming to a stop, then driving back from Caffeine and machine the abs light came on. Guessed ABS rings were at fault and I was right. OSF was cracked, so this evening I replaced both sides.
5B9CE032-B164-4E48-BBE4-FFF8AF2AC50D.jpeg
4884E59F-33DC-4FD5-88D8-357E2CBE0821.jpeg

made a right job of it with my ham fisted spannering
69163573-7003-4471-A2E6-1F2EEF98713A.jpeg
F5EF9B2C-BFFB-4844-9901-9047400BF8C3.jpeg

took the car for a spin and no issues at all! However recently I have noticed when the car is cold it’s running lumpy almost as if it’s missing. Interesting as the injectors are only a couple of months old. No EML lights showing, will plug in the RS tuner and look at the live data. I have a new genuine lambda I may Chuck in for good measure, but it could be my pattern cat is dead as the car smells like it’s decatted (almost like it’s over fuelling) I really want to find a better option for a decent after market Cat. Any advice ?

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
Only one i really know of is the PMS 200 Cell Sports Cat. The caveat being you have to purchase the exhaust as well. If you go down the route of the decat drop me a pm as i have one lying around in the garage.
Thanks Jon, I have a Ktec system currently so thinking their sports cat is £300ish, but they only give a 6 month warranty on it. So I am sceptical of its longevity. The PMS system makes sense, but think that’s knocking on for a grand with the cat, I hate decats on cars. But it may be the option with a eBay cat in the shed for MoT each year

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I have a decat on mine mate & sounds great,i have made it so i can easily fit the cat if need be also with the sleeve neck mod.Only get to hear it really on full beans which is what i wanted.

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
I have a decat on mine mate & sounds great,i have made it so i can easily fit the cat if need be also with the sleeve neck mod.Only get to hear it really on full beans which is what i wanted.
Think I need to find a good exhaust fabricator near me really. I want the whole system refreshed really, the manifold flange looks a bit dog chewed as well. If I go decat then I want it so it’s easier to bolt in and out come MOT time

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Think I need to find a good exhaust fabricator near me really. I want the whole system refreshed really, the manifold flange looks a bit dog chewed as well. If I go decat then I want it so it’s easier to bolt in and out come MOT time
Infinity Exhaust down on junction 16 of M4, not sure if you would class that as local as you are a bit further north than me. I've had 4 made from them over the years for various cars and they have all been bang on - tell them what you want, how loud, what tips you want. Lifetime warranty. Made while you wait, my old Ocatvia vRS was a cat back and that was done in about 2hrs and my E34 was a bit longer as that is twin pipe from the manifold so basically two exhausts. They did my old Ph1 and I got them to put a decat pipe in that which was a stroke of genius as I was tempted to not bother and ended up needing to put the cat back in. Do want them to make a tubular manifold for my E34 at some point.

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
Progress has been a little slow of late. But good news my wife gave birth to our wonder new Daughter Isla last week! So I have two weeks of paternity leave.
First off I fitted my PMS shifter, I had been mulling over buying one for some time and finally hit the bullet on a used one (in hindsight I would recommend people pay the extra and get a new one. One of the things that concerned me about the PMS was the dreaded rattle. Now I get it’s a track/race car shifter, but it’s clear there are mods you can do to quieten the thing down.

First of all I covered the linkage with some heat shrink to help reduce the resonance, this made a big difference when you tap the shifter rod on the floor, instead of ringing it’s changes to a dull thud.

F8B32324-576F-4EAB-8BFA-611C8342FB19.jpeg
7D03475F-E286-4150-9559-BC93D44EE918.jpeg
Next up I filled the linkage with just over a kg of lead shot thanks @frayz for the recommendation.
86EEF8E8-C580-44A0-A843-5C87EC485C21.jpeg

Finally I added more heat shrink under the gear knob to stop any rattles from the spring, fitted a rubber o-ring to the sleeve base (thanks @Louis)
89759279-F50F-405D-BD09-3B58FF31B8B2.jpeg
before fitting sound deadening to the shifter tower. I also used a bead of butyl tape rather than silicone sealant as recommend by Pure.
118DAFA7-C58B-4303-A479-0D0ACBE3B52A.jpeg

In the interests of vanity I also painted the reverse lift collar titanium silver, waste of time really but I like it
EA8DB054-93C6-4C61-B284-82064DEC8A93.jpeg

F478D443-ED1A-4DA3-BDA8-3BBCBDB1C18C.jpeg

Pleased to say I managed to get everything aligned fairly easily. The linkage is dangerously close to the lambda, but I’m going to get the old hole bunged and a new one fitted to move it when I get the car in to have a new flange fitted to the manifold.

The resulting effect of all of the mods is the shifter is *nearly* silent! With only a light whine/rattle in fifth above 70mph. So I’m super chuffed! Also dead happy with the position and shift, compared to the standard shifter it’s night and day!

Next up I noticed, the car smelt of fuel as well as running a touch hesitant when cold. I had recently replaced all of the injectors with new OEM originals. Whilst I was under the car I replaced the Lambda sensor with another new Bosch unit I had in stock. That seems to have done the trick.

all in all a good couple of days work, I’m next going to machine polish the old turd to get her ready for Clios at Caffeine and machine.

I’m now on the hunt for a pair of bucket seats! So if anyone knows of some decent used ones, please hit me up

thanks for reading

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
Little job this evening. This weekend I noticed the bloody ESP/SERV light came on. Initially frustrated as I thought the new ABS rings had fixed the fault, then noticed no ABS light. Plugged in my RS Tuner and noticed a P0120 ode showing, forum to the rescue again suggests the brake switch needed resetting. I noticed it was a very lose fit…further inspection showed someone had been here before!! The switch is so shagged I’m surprised the light wasn’t on constantly!
521D7AEA-BDCF-4738-8A46-22F27F22A255.jpeg

46E461B8-7744-41C0-852F-D078A7DC02DC.jpeg
B1ABF1C1-384C-49B0-BD52-2D46F21BBCE7.jpeg

managed to find a replacement through Amazon and was dead chuffed when it showed up. It’s basically the OEM version with the Renault logo ground off! £18 from RPD I paid £5.04 delivered. Time will tell if this is the problem fixed I guess. But I think it should be!
9C15FF37-CE0F-43CA-9A52-97A81F6A8501.jpeg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ah interesting @RustyMojo , I've got a reoccurring p0120 fault code coming up at the moment, I'll check the brake switch.