ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusty’s Titanium 182 take 2!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So exhaust polished, paintwork and rust repair completed, bolts replaced or where necessary replated, Heat shields in place…I had run of excuses to get off my arse and bolt it all back together and get the car on its wheels again. Pretty happy to say it went without a hitch….almost
4B70B8A4-D272-4974-BD64-C98F5C24C1CE.jpeg
EBE36CBA-D0EC-47C2-8DCA-85678F50BA09.jpeg
7021CDA9-A15C-4845-A3EC-7D585E83E1F5.jpeg
2E900429-5414-4E94-BA6F-B7FD79578090.jpeg
F6952E2D-08CF-47E1-A052-83B17DD12EC6.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So I said almost without a hitch! So obviously something had to go wrong! Whilst I was bolting up my brake lines to my new Ktec Flexy hoses I noticed some moisture and a scab on one of the under floor hardlines…bollox! I had inspected the lines to a point but hadn’t noticed the rust scab on the hardline and in my ham fisted rust removal I had obviously damaged the hardline. Which in hindsight is good as it was pretty bad.
060161A2-0AB0-428E-8259-CEC9DBECF972.jpeg

so this left me with having to source a new under floor hard line. I have never made brake lines before, so was a little apprehensive. But with youthful (I wish) confidence I set about it. Purchasing a flaring tool from eBay and some replacement pipe locally as I was not confident in the quality of some of the Amazon pipe. Frankly it’s a piece of piss and probably the most satisfying job yet. I made up a new line with new unions, sprayed it with etch primer and then black paint. Renault very handily split the OE line just behind the bulkhead firewall. So no over complex contortion of hands to get the pipe free from the abs unit.
0C168435-253C-4DF3-9918-3C96C519BC4C.jpeg
5F69381F-3608-45B6-8429-01C00BFDCBA3.jpeg

All fitted back to the car, lines connected and brakes rebled. The old girl could finally hit the deck again.
7E2903E9-8D84-4675-896A-A62585652D93.jpeg
33335C7B-E1E2-41EC-83CC-AF4B8269148D.jpeg

I’m super stoked to be honest, it’s been hard graft this time around. Especially on axle stands. Car fired up straight away, no warning lamps. And brake pedal felt excellent. I did scratch one of my wheels in storage, but that’s just encouraging me to get them redone in silver.

My wife was impressed that I hadn’t cocked this car up yet, Isla the baby
86949915-0711-400B-8541-A818C9894199.jpeg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
So I said almost without a hitch! So obviously something had to go wrong! Whilst I was bolting up my brake lines to my new Ktec Flexy hoses I noticed some moisture and a scab on one of the under floor hardlines…bollox! I had inspected the lines to a point but hadn’t noticed the rust scab on the hardline and in my ham fisted rust removal I had obviously damaged the hardline. Which in hindsight is good as it was pretty bad. View attachment 1591373

so this left me with having to source a new under floor hard line. I have never made brake lines before, so was a little apprehensive. But with youthful (I wish) confidence I set about it. Purchasing a flaring tool from eBay and some replacement pipe locally as I was not confident in the quality of some of the Amazon pipe. Frankly it’s a piece of piss and probably the most satisfying job yet. I made up a new line with new unions, sprayed it with etch primer and then black paint. Renault very handily split the OE line just behind the bulkhead firewall. So no over complex contortion of hands to get the pipe free from the abs unit.View attachment 1591372View attachment 1591371

All fitted back to the car, lines connected and brakes rebled. The old girl could finally hit the deck again.View attachment 1591369View attachment 1591370

I’m super stoked to be honest, it’s been hard graft this time around. Especially on axle stands. Car fired up straight away, no warning lamps. And brake pedal felt excellent. I did scratch one of my wheels in storage, but that’s just encouraging me to get them redone in silver.
View attachment 1591375

My wife was impressed that I hadn’t cocked this car up yet, Isla the baby
View attachment 1591376
You’re a Pro now 👏

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Aye it's mint to see someone take their time and properly go through their car and learn something they wouldn't usually have done

Props to you Dave!

cheers buddy, that’s exactly what I’m doing. Just giving it a crack. There’s stuff I won’t be doing, but I’ll give most things a go and if I fail…well I’ll just buy another

Done a class job on the underside, will last for years now.
Thanks Brigsy, the underside will still be there long after the front of the car has rotted to dust 😂

You’re a Pro now 👏
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves Jon

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love your attitude to this. It’s really really refreshing to see someone relatively novice, say f**k it, I can do that myself, and then turn out a result like that. It’s amazing tbh! Fair play to you, I couldn’t do that if you gave me 10 years. 👏🏻

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic work, and that's on just impressing the mrs.

Car looks amazing, hardlines are definitely a part more people will start replacing soon! How did you get on bleeding the system after replacing such a big portion?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I
Fantastic work, and that's on just impressing the mrs.

Car looks amazing, hardlines are definitely a part more people will start replacing soon! How did you get on bleeding the system after replacing such a big portion?
it was a piece of piss really mate. I bought some brass brake line bungs for the hard lines when I disconnected everything. So lost little fluid. Then when I connected everything back up about 30mins messing with an easy bleed saw clean fluid and no bubbles. Piece of piss. I learnt my lesson of allowing the system to drain with the old car!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I

it was a piece of piss really mate. I bought some brass brake line bungs for the hard lines when I disconnected everything. So lost little fluid. Then when I connected everything back up about 30mins messing with an easy bleed saw clean fluid and no bubbles. Piece of piss. I learnt my lesson of allowing the system to drain with the old car!
Good idea on the bungs, my brother has loads of crimped lines with different unions from old lines in his toolbox. Makes sense to limit fluid loss.

Got a link to your bungs?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps, I’m truly humbled and grateful for the nice words. It honestly makes me fired up to hit more of these types of jobs in the future. Many thanks 🙏
I'll send you my 200 ASAP then, it certainly has more than its fair share of brown parts😂.
You've done a bloody great job there though, you might even drive the thing this year now then!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I'll send you my 200 ASAP then, it certainly has more than its fair share of brown parts😂.
You've done a bloody great job there though, you might even drive the thing this year now then!
Drive it?? Don’t talk daft Paul! Seriously though I think it’s first outing this year will be the even @MrBlonde is sorting at Bicester…perfect opportunity to test my new AA Family any car memebership

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So exhaust time…something I had planned on sorting after the summer now. But when a complete Piper system with sports Cat came up in the classified 30 minutes away I snapped it up. Especially as I was literary passing the owners door way home the next day.

Natch, I had to give it a clean up before fitting.
0B5DA934-D5FE-4C50-BA5D-A03DFE23094D.jpeg
C44711D8-091F-4533-A285-DB1C67E3D5FB.jpeg
A3D52701-8967-4E77-A4A2-6E916CFC45C9.jpeg
DBA2F6FA-5665-4E83-AE76-D95C66920D6A.jpeg

So started off with some so wax acid wheel cleaners, this stuff works wonders at melting the bulk of the tarnishing off, before moving to a scotch pad and ‘The Pink stuff’ I then hit it with my DA and a mixture of heavy cutting compound and then Autosol. It came out pretty well. Under no illusions it will tarnish again, it’s an exhaust after all. But having something nice and clean to fit makes the job much easier
05F3DEB1-CF33-4EC2-AA88-1F99C36C242E.jpeg
C480D2FF-9DE9-46A4-B504-38569E3FA899.jpeg
A7D76471-6D30-408C-877F-2A382DAA66FB.jpeg
EB187604-E199-4182-A46E-18D50FBF630A.jpeg
39E561D7-E2BB-499A-BFAA-E510C52B6816.jpeg

Sounds mint too! Much, much more raspy than the Ktec. But also much louder, which is shoring with a mid silencer. I need to work on the alignment as it sits too high on the left, I don’t want to melt my surrounds.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
She’s still off the road…alternator buggered. So rather than fix it, I finally got around to fitting a smaller wheel. Thanks to @Clio_fool i purchased his setup. Momo wheel, boss and valontech cruise panel. Super easy to fit, resistors fitted and no airbag lights on….it’s bloody small, maybe a touch too small at 280mm but can’t wait to try it out. With the lowered steering column, seat rails and PMS the driving position feels bloody epic!

Before:
2E6D45F8-3D99-4343-9BAF-5C518D84AD2F.jpeg

After:
36F2A98E-A77C-4D2A-BAE9-75F7C47B9B4C.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it was too small initially too but one you get used to it it's perfect. Give it 6 months and put the bus wheel back on 😱😱😱. How renault made the 1*2 driving position so wrong I don't understand!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
She’s still off the road…alternator buggered. So rather than fix it, I finally got around to fitting a smaller wheel. Thanks to @Clio_fool i purchased his setup. Momo wheel, boss and valontech cruise panel. Super easy to fit, resistors fitted and no airbag lights on….it’s bloody small, maybe a touch too small at 280mm but can’t wait to try it out. With the lowered steering column, seat rails and PMS the driving position feels bloody epic!

Before:
View attachment 1592984
After:
View attachment 1592985
More pics of your legs please Dave xx

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Well here I am 10 days later and still alternatorless! Autodoc have said end of next week citing it’s stuck in customs…so chance I’ll get stung for duty as well maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️ Seriously guys if you need something, won’t order from these guys if your in a rush. Customs to one side they are slow as f**k.