ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s**t fit, magnex 182!! could someone fix it?

Im not impressed at all by my slash cut Magnex on my 182...
To start with this is the second one I had in 12 months due to the first ones baffles going.
Now I get the replacement from magnex which seems noticably louder than the first and both pipes stick out further than the last and the left pipe sticks out slightly further than the right!
I know its been fitted properly BBPT did it and checked it again coz of my disatifaction..

Ive just measured the top of both pipes from the plastic sorround cut out for the pipes, the left pipe is just shy of 4cm and the right pipe is again just shy of 3cm

Is there anywhere that could alter the welds for me?

I cant be bothered to conplain to magnex there probably only sent another bodge plus I have to pay to have it fitted yet again!!!!

Custom exhaust fitters?

Rob.

VRS
maz had the same problems with her magnex and the baffles iirc!
first one went, got a replacement and then that one went :(

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Re: sh*t fit, magnex 182!! could someone fix it?

Why not just get bbpt's exhaust in the first place?
thats where im going.

If you bought it cos it was cheap/cheaper than others ... :(

Boz

Arctic 182
There are some big copper washers between the rear exhaust mounts and the floor pan (3 per side I think). If you remove 2 from the side that is lower that should even it up a bit. I would not remove all three as the magnesium mount on mine stated to corrode with no copper washers fitted.

williams 2

its a magnex!! explains it all really! if ya wana pukka custom for a good price try prospeed in cardiff!

thats where my 172's off to in 2 weeks and counting! :D

Maz

LY 200

makavelli said:
maz had the same problems with her magnex and the baffles iirc!
first one went, got a replacement and then that one went :(

Yep .. third system is on its way .. if this one goes they said they will give me my money back ..

Don't go having it welded mate it wil void the warranty .. who you dealing with at Magnex ?? I have been dealing with a very helpful guy called Steve . .drop me a pm if you want his number :D

I remember reading Maz's post actually.. Im secretly hoping this one is gonna brake too so I can buy something better!!
I bought it thinking it was a good product regretted it ever since tbh! All that money and ive ended up with this, thats how I feel everytime I think about it!!

BozM ive changed both those mounts recently and havent noticed any washers?? Do you mean the washers that are on the back of the screws or bigger washers??
Ive just settled with wedging sections of hose pipe (as seen on here) in different parts of the two rear "X" mounts seems to sit better but I still have 1 pipe sticking out further can really notice it..... I want to undo the welds and maybe push that pipe back abit, if that can be done without it looking obvious like its been tampered with! Obviously dont want to invalidate the warranty........

Hi Maz yeah thats the fellow Steve was his name! It just pisses me off that I will have to fork out to get it fitted again, do you think I should contact them again?
Did/does your left pipe stick out further than the right?
My old one never did just this new one...

Rob.

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
^^ yep thats a true sign that the baffles have gone . .Steve will refund you the re-fit money if you ask him ..he did for me and I will be asking him to do the same this time too .. apparently they have modified the systems and this problem should not happen with the new systems .. thats the only reason I am giving it another go . .last chance and then money back for me :)

Boz

Arctic 182

Bigger washers, between the plates that the mounts are attached to, and the underside of the boot floor. It sounds like your fix has the same effect but it may move as the hose pipe gets hot! Sounds like magnex are a bit of a mare, hope you get it sorted.

rwaterman said:
......BozM ive changed both those mounts recently and havent noticed any washers?? Do you mean the washers that are on the back of the screws or bigger washers??
Ive just settled with wedging sections of hose pipe (as seen on here) in different parts of the two rear "X" mounts seems to sit better but I still have 1 pipe sticking out further can really notice it..... I want to undo the welds and maybe push that pipe back abit, if that can be done without it looking obvious like its been tampered with! Obviously dont want to invalidate the warranty........

R

rich[182]

heard a lot of owners disappointed with magnex recently, is it a trend or is it we only hear of the bad ones ?

Maz

LY 200
I wouldn't buy another or tell anyone to buy one now after all the hassle I have had and tbh the only reason I havn't kicked off is because I can't complain about the customer service I have had :)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I think if people want a fairly cheaply priced 182 exhaust they are best going with Blueflame. Haven't heard many complaints about that system and for 250 pound its spot on.

Maz said:
^^ yep thats a true sign that the baffles have gone . .Steve will refund you the re-fit money if you ask him ..he did for me and I will be asking him to do the same this time too .. apparently they have modified the systems and this problem should not happen with the new systems .. thats the only reason I am giving it another go . .last chance and then money back for me :)

Maz im pretty sure the baffles havent gone again yet coz last time when I revved it stationary there was this awful metalic fluttering noise!
From the moment this new system has been fitted it has been louder than previous much deeper bassier note!! seems loads bassier than the previous.. As yet I have no metalic flutter..

Should I contact them again and complain about the fact that 1 pipe sticks out further by 1-1.5cm than the other?

cheers all
Rob.

Maz

LY 200
Yeah of course you could .. they are not sold at 3.5" tail pipes one sticks out further than the other are they ;) lol Steve will probably tell you that it is a sure sign that the baffles are going or gone though and should sort you with a replacement but if this is the second one you have had off them and this is the modified sytem then I would ask for a replacement tail pipe section and if that is no better when it arrives ask for a refund :)

Don't tell him you have spoken to me though as I am still waiting for my 3rd replacement .. hehe

Lionel Richie

BozM said:
the magnesium mount on mine stated to corrode with no copper washers fitted.

renault have started using magnesium now???

Cheers Maz wont say nowt about you problems etc definatly gonna give him a call I cant find where ive put Steves direct number could you pm it to me please?

When I went to renault to buy 2 replacement rear exhaust mounts they added my registration number into the computer, got the oval plate number, looked up the exhaust mounts and they were different to the originals.
The dude at the desk said they would be ok.
Turns out they were not and the 182 clio has the same exhausts mounts as the Megane and not what was shown on the computer against my car details!! Whats that about!!??...