ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scrooge's Dogshit DCi More-door.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Finally picked up my old DCi that I sold to the wench's little brother nearly 3 years ago (all my cars are like f**king boomerangs). It is stupidly tatty and rough atm. Not a clue what the plans will be yet. Tidy it up and sell it. Tidy it up and use it as a unit b**ch or tidy it up and track it... It was fairly capable when I had it albeit specced a little better.

It had a 6-hour custom map from torque developments that run 115bhp on two different rolling roads so that's that sorted. Ideally if I kept it i'd like it specced how it was before 15mm spacers all round, FK Konigsports, Whiteline ARB etc. May also go for a straight through exhaust like the Toledo for the LOLs.

Paintwork wise it's rougher than a badgers ringpiece. Not sure whether to give it a quick enhancement detail or do it properly and wet sand the whole thing to get it as close to perfect as I can.

Parts I already have to fit are brand new wishbones, ball joints, TREs, Poly dogbone mount, Poly ARB bushes, new steering rack and DS2500s (it makes a f**k ton of noise up front). I also have all the parts I need to wide track it I want.

Ideas welcome...

null_zpse2143b92.jpg

Chavvy HU

null_zps544992e9.jpg

null_zpsfefd2ec2.jpg

Started stripping the tatty bits off..

null_zps4527e52b.jpg

Yes, I paid £200 to have these painted years back...

null_zpsae8ea010.jpg

null_zps65faf3d7.jpg

I have my new air gun so i'll sort it myself this time.

Found the running problem..f**king injector

null_zps932354d0.jpg

Headlights were properly murky so I sorted them this evening..

null_zps61e6d1f8.jpg

null_zps4281e1ab.jpg

null_zpsf098bbe6.jpg

null_zps72115d35.jpg

null_zpsd08db793.jpg

Knackered badges..

null_zps0f824beb.jpg

Came with a free forest..

null_zps06dac6d4.jpg

Barely broken in tbh..

null_zps5e707481.jpg

I <3 bush..

null_zpsdc6f30a3.jpg

Should hopefully decide what to do soon. It's cost me a stupidly small sum so far.

​Ant

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Re: Scrooge's Dogs**t DCi More-door.

Keep it and use it as a unit runner/track ****, otherwise you'll sell it and some Mong will ruin that engine :(
straight through exhausts on these sound Grunty!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've had it before, without the shaft coming out too, Chinese puzzle but doable :)

DCi 80 Dymanique mate.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Haha it should be good mate, may even bring it to CSS. Although I think the Toledo would be a nice drive lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Drive the dci and we'll see who's louder and smoky'er ;)
not along wrong with that.
Haha I lost my temper trying to take the th cat out, took the driveshaft out and it was piss easy. What's the trick?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If it had been 3door I would have said wetsand but f**k that!

Looks cool though! What colour is that? Odessey? Looks very Monaco.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The Toledo has a straight through exhaust too and it's to it's injectors limits so I imagine that should win lol

As far over to the right as possible and a lot of swearing and wriggling iirc, i'll post some pictures when i'm doing it

f**k 2 doors Kevin, Odessey yep. Funkin' lovely colour. I don't have to get out when i'm letting the chavvy sluts in the back ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Love it. Oh and please fit a straight through!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why-oh-why didn't I get a DCi.

£20 a year tax and genuine 65mpg, everyone should have one.

How did you get on with detailing to Toledo last week?

I'm guessing you spent a while on it?

I was there hours but the machine polisher didn't touch it, I'm waiting until I have 2/3 days free to got to town on it :)

Straight through will 100% be fitted next week :)

I wish I could get around 170hp out of it, looking into a hybrid turbo and bigger nozzle tips atm!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I was there hours but the machine polisher didn't touch it, I'm waiting until I have 2/3 days free to got to town on it :)

lol it's f**king addictive isn't it!

I'm getting pretty f**king OCD over mine tbh!

I'm looking at quick detailers. Zaino Z6 in particular. Your thoughts mate?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Damn right, it's drained my pockets dry for the past year and i've hardly done my own car lol

Good product tbh mate quick detailers are all samey imo

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I wish I could get around 170hp out of it, looking into a hybrid turbo and bigger nozzle tips atm!
I looked into that and made a few calls, the fuel pumps r****d at 130 so different pump will be needed. I think ( maybe ) a 1.9dci leggy pump may work.

The Toledo has a straight through exhaust too and it's to it's injectors limits so I imagine that should win lol

As far over to the right as possible and a lot of swearing and wriggling iirc, i'll post some pictures when i'm doing it

f**k 2 doors Kevin, Odessey yep. Funkin' lovely colour. I don't have to get out when i'm letting the chavvy sluts in the back ;)
Straight through will sound awesome.
More doors for more whores ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I looked into that and made a few calls, the fuel pumps r****d at 130 so different pump will be needed. I think ( maybe ) a 1.9dci leggy pump may work.

I have one of those in the unit so i'll investigate! I also have a spare dci 80 one that I may look into uprating.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Assuming its got the same feeds and the pump wiring is the same, it should work with mapping. If it works the injectors will defiantly need reworking or the extra pressure will make them s**t'm selfs

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
How have I not seen this, good buy back, I like it on the 172 alloys. Keep it and track it I say! I'll have a more detailed poke around this this wkd. See you on Sat. :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
SOO MANNYYY DOOOORRRRRSSSS!!!!! :eek:

For more whores!!!

Done the scaffolding exhaust yet? ;)
​wondering how much different to mine it sounds

Oh yes, videos will be loaded up in a minute!

Selling the head unit? Looks like one I had before which had Parrot Bluetooth incorporated which was really good!

Car looks nice in that colour, even with too many doors! ;)

I may be mate but this one doesn't have Bluetooth :(

I love the colour, it's the only good thing about it haha.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I had a free night tonight so had a little play with the clio.

The leaky injector problem solved by four new genuine copper seals..

null_zps45e92e11.jpg

f**k me it was leaking a long time, took a while cleaning it that's for sure..

null_zps9f737dcc.jpg

As someone had scratched all the dash inserts with a bag or something, I redone them, love this colour..

null_zpsfa2dc0f4.jpg

null_zps8727c896.jpg

null_zpsb4e6ec1a.jpg

Looks a lot more sensible thatn the blue that was there before..

null_zps4fa0dd83.jpg

As the gear stick resembled Ozzy Osbourne doing speed on a pogo stick I realised the dogbone mount was f**ked so replaced it with this..

null_zpsd671edd1.jpg

If you have a Dci, really don't bother, the car now resonates with the vibrations and is pretty unbearable, the video doesn't quite capture everything rattling and vibrating but..
th_6870B6BA-B2FB-4623-80DA-3CC106F4AB14-3129-0000024317A98FD6_zps2a8c256e.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
So if anyone wants to swap for a decent standard one, you're welcome.

I really can't wait to do a wetsand detail on this, SWIRLSSSSSS..

null_zpsa17b4fe7.jpg

I then took the exhaust of for Health and Safety Steve to muck about with..

null_zps7339ac8a.jpg

It sounds quite good, not too loud but really grunty and brings the turbo noise out nicely!

th_4B0116B8-84C5-45BA-9571-03FF7C1AB40F-3129-00000243893EAF01_zpse7ab5e57.jpg

th_B851992F-3C2C-404A-A271-AC10E3011EFD-3129-000002444E3495B2_zps9b4edc42.jpg

Looking a majorly minging filthy heap of a ***** atm..

null_zps0f2781f4.jpg

null_zpsce2acbbc.jpg

​That'll do for now, need my paint to arrive to finish off all the mouldings!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I took it out for a quick country lane test drive (hoon). I actually enjoyed it more than the last 1*2 I drove. f**k I'm weird.

Still need to decide if I'm selling it or not, I have no need for it what so ever.