ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

See how the 172 is made *25 pics*

VW Potato

shame the dont show the pic of the factory where the put the rattles in. And, I want words with that Pierre bloke with his back to me about a suspension clonk... :D

jesting aside, great pics - I will show them to Puppy later to see if he can spot his mummy.

g

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

you never know .. that silver one could be the one that I own right now...

That red one looks cool without its number plate, easily the best 172 colour!

So is the Cup made there too?

It would be useful to order it with the racers rear bumper as it has a pre cut exhaust hole.

Well done Baboo

-Rob

You can see the 2 tiny holes on the bootlid where the Clio badge is pinned. All the other badges are just stuck on &are a b*****d to get off it took me about half an hour they all snapped you just have to be careful. i am sure now though that everyone thinks idrive around in a wanabee Cup They must think its a Dynamique with Cup wheels, its nice to know it is the real deal as i disapear round the next bend....

Quote: Originally posted by Seedy on 10 April 2003

You can see the 2 tiny holes on the bootlid where the Clio badge is pinned. All the other badges are just stuck on &are a b*****d to get off it took me about half an hour they all snapped you just have to be careful. i am sure now though that everyone thinks idrive around in a wanabee Cup They must think its a Dynamique with Cup wheels, its nice to know it is the real deal as i disapear round the next bend....
SNAP! Took the Renault and Sport badges off mine at the weekend, and broke almost every letter on Renault, but the sport badge came off in one piece. Looks much cleaner now, and far more discreet.....shame Ill have to get the bleedin boot resprayed just to lose the Clio one!

320d M Sport

top pictures, those cup racers look the bollox, id be surprised if u could get one for 14/15K though!

Reds the best!!! :D

cup racers are about as cheap 10K, we were getting them for about HK$130,000. But i think that they are subsidised costs to people who have a reason to use them.

Clio cup cars are single seaters......

The two front seated one looks like either a traning car or adapted rd legal one as it has lights,

Clio 197

My question remains: Is that the Alpine operation? It looks like a relatively small plant and somewhat outdated as well...

As far as I know they are the ones who build the rally cars. It would make sense that they build the Cup cars as well. Do they build the 172s as well?

If so, the 172 drivers could get really snobby about their cars: "Mine didnt even come off the Renault assembly line, nyah nyah..." Just like us Willy guys!

Just kidding...

320d M Sport

yeah its the Alpine factory in Dieppe, all 172s Cup etc are made there! (methinks), so it is a different factory?!

VW Potato

the white racer is just the billie bollox!! how cool would that look parked outside a cafe, or going for a bit of a posey cruise? Father Christmas, youd better be listening - no more cack presents please, i want that white Clio Racer or the cow gets it.

g

I think we should inquire about getting them seriously thats the dogs b****cks.... That is a racing car, it makes the CUP look like a 2 tonne heavy jag!

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny Disco on 11 April 2003

Just checked out the performance figures for the white one

OH MY GIDDY AUNT 0-100 MPH 4.85 seconds
Where did you get those figures, I find them hard to believe!

Silver Fabia vRS

Those Cup racers are quick! Some of us drove them last year at Bedford Autodrome but I dont think they were getting to 100 in under 5 secs. Maybe to 60 though.

They are low because they have Eibach coilovers fitted to them!

Yeah Ive seen that 0-60 figure its because it has a 6 speed sequencial gearbox and has the weight of a medium sized girl with big tits......

Quote: Originally posted by Carlouk on 11 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny Disco on 11 April 2003

Just checked out the performance figures for the white one

OH MY GIDDY AUNT 0-100 MPH 4.85 seconds
Where did you get those figures, I find them hard to believe!
Got the figure from Renaultsport offical web site.

Car weighs 490 Kgs 182 bhp.

Work out the power to weight ratio....... very believable mate.