ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service light and aribag light on due to crash (airbags didnt deploy) help needed!

Mk2 Clio Extreme 4
hi guys, i had a crash in april this year which didnt delpoy the airbags. however as a result the service light and airbag light both came on. How do i get these lights to go off? i know i can remove the bulbs which i will do if its a simple job and the bulbs arent a pain in the arse to get out. However im wondering if purchasing a new ECU will fix the problem as i had been advised it was the ECU that had detected it. car is a 2005 reg Mk2 CLio extreme 4, also if the ecu change is the plan then would i have to find a clio extreme ecu specifically. or would just a normal mk2 clio one work.

thanks, sam

Clio 182
Did any of the pretensioners fire?
Front belt clips will be low if they have and the rear belts won’t work if any of them fired.

Clio 182
What about the front seats?
Are the buckles sitting low?
You can have the crash data removed from the airbag ecu easily enough for about £30.

It’s under the center console.

Mk2 Clio Extreme 4
What about the front seats?
Are the buckles sitting low?
You can have the crash data removed from the airbag ecu easily enough for about £30.

It’s under the center console.
i do apologise but im not quite sure what you mean? they buckle in fine and still stop me if i jolt too much? they retract fine, maybe a bit slow and floppy but they still retract. sorry for being so simple ahahah

172 cup
As someone said u need to send ur airbag ecu off to get cleared, as it's stored as crash data, then after that it's just replacing anything that might have gone off when crashed like belt storks or in pact censors that are on the sills

Mk2 Clio Extreme 4
As someone said u need to send ur airbag ecu off to get cleared, as it's stored as crash data, then after that it's just replacing anything that might have gone off when crashed like belt storks or in pact censors that are on the sills
would it be easier for me to just buy a new airbag ecu?

172 cup
No mate , Evan if u get a new / second hand one I beleave it would still need coding to the car , once it's cleared hook it bk up to a machine and it will tell u what's left to replace
IMG_20170415_134541.jpg