ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shagged exhaust?

How can you tell when your exhaust is buggered?
If the baffles have gone or going how do you no this?
When revving the exhaust does it always make a metalic fluttereing noise or in other cases does it just sound like its blowing?

Ive posted before regarding my Magnex (182) on my 2nd system now coz the 1st developed a nasty metalic flutter once revved (baffles)...

Now this latest system when revving it stationary it has a loud/ boomy-muffled/ blowing sound as if it was leaking air somewhere, which I havent actually checked as yet but am just wondering whether this is another symptom of shagged baffles or another problem??

When I drive the car in 4th or 5th gear so the revs are between 4-5krpm and back of the throttle the exhaust note hits a point where it is so boomy I know for definate my last system was never like this............ Any ideas?
Ta
Rob.

BMW M3
^^^ i get the axact same thing with the backing of throttle as you do mate. Ive got a janspeed and its very boomy. Getting it replaced under warrenty as i know its not meant to be like that, so i would say it is buggered mate.

Focus ST
Sounds like its buggered, but if your not sure go along to kwikfit or something. They'll give it a quick going over (one near me did it for nothing, because I told them I would come back after pay day. Obviously didn't).