ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shed Motorsport 182 BTB Exhaust System

clio 200 F4Rt
Shed Motorsport Renault Sport CLio 182 Track Day Exhaust System

Key Features:

*Manifold Back, full stainless steel system

*Track day friendly noise limit, tested at 86 db (static)

*Smooth mandrel bent 63mm into 2 x 50mm system, TIG welded

*Decat expansion box

*Twin rear silencers with 3 inch slash cut tailpipes

*Genuine 6 bhp power increase on standard mapped car, with increased torque, across entire rev range

*A saving of over 6 kgs compared to the standard system

*Perfect fit, with no rubbing

Pricing:
The way that BTB work, is they build systems in batches, the larger the number made, the less they cost.

if we get 7-8 orders for a full system, they will come out to you at £850.00 each.

if not, they come out at £995.00 each, which we know will only interest the very few that want the ultimate for thier RS Clio at any cost.

Each package includes:
Full manifold back system
Genuine Renault gasket & spring kit
Shed Motorsport T-shirt
Shed Motorsport Sticker
Free delivery OR fitting service

For more information on BTB exhaust you can look here: http://www.racecar.co.uk/btb/

or for more pictures of the system you can look here: http://public.fotki.com/shedmotorsport/

if you are interested, then you can email us on: info@shedmotorsport.com
or call joe on: 07810885887 (please leave a message or try again if there is no answer)

Once we have enough interest, we can place an order with BTB, which will take them 4 - 6 weeks to manufacture all the systems.

P1010021-vi.jpg

Clio1820406008-vi.jpg

P1010040-vi.jpg

P1010048-vi.jpg

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Thanks. Other products will be available soon, we'll let you guys know as and when. We already have our Speedline account up and running, and the 4-pot brake kit should be available soon.

vx220
About time we had some info on this lol!
Have you guys got a sound clip of the exhaust? From what someone has said, its sounds sweet, from what they could hear at the FCS.
Well done fellas!

vx220
Better get saving then! Joe is there any chance though that btb could produce the exhaust with a rolled edge to the pipes? I personally think its a better look!

artic blue 182 Cup
only 6kg lighter than standard?:S... orbisoud's street system claims 13kg lighter...

We'll have to compare orbi's power/torque graph and BTB's then;)

Lionel Richie
TIG welding is a skill, not any monkey can do it! BTB's exhaust has some of the best quality TIG work i've seen on an exhaust (other than mine ;))

There is no need for it to be THAT good, but what people don't realise is that mig welding corrodes far easier, TIG can corrode just as easily so careful rod selection is important

i saw someone's ali TIG wok the otherday and it was laughable, no penetration! how you get 0 penetration on ali i'll never know!!! (no this comment has nothing to do with forum member ali!)

how do i know so much about welding? well i was taught by the ex head fabricator/welder from Renault F1, and also a head fabby from BTCC

agree with fred, tig is by far the most skilled form of welding, when welding stainless steel you get that colour around the weld,(nothing a good wire brush wont remove) and if the exhausts are butt welded they need to be purged with argon to stop the weld "coking"
its not rust as stainless doesnt rust unless its contaminated by carbon steel. its not an easy task.
welding ali is hard but to get no penitration makes u laugh.
are you a coded welder fred???

YoShImUrA said:
only 6kg lighter than standard?:S... orbisoud's street system claims 13kg lighter...

We'll have to compare orbi's power/torque graph and BTB's then;)

Remember that the orbisoud only uses one back box though. BTB steered clear of this kind of design after previous experience with the PalmerSport 182's. They did some exhausts for the cars they run on their experience days and they used a single box design but had huge issues with noise. By the time they'd silenced them enough there was barely any difference in weight compared to a 2 box system. When we set out out the design spec to BTB we said that we didn't want it to be loud but to have a nice note to it.

Has anyone actually got a graph for an orbisoud? I spoke to BTB about the orbisoud and they thought that the 10 bhp gain they claim was probably a bit optimistic.

Mat (who's car it is) says that midrange is loads better and most noticeable in 5th. The car now pulls a lot stronger to the limiter with the BTB.

vx220
If people want the best for thier car then this system will be up there with the rest of them so i wouldnt worry about it joe! People who have any common sense should know that BTB couldnt afford to tarnish thier reputation by producing a below standard system. When the time comes for me to change my exhaust then this system will be one on my wish list. Shame your just so far south of me as well or i would of come and had a look at one. Typical of all renault sport tuners being in the south!! Tish!!!!

Where abouts are you? We've got a road trip to Scotland in July, we might be able to stop off or something, I'd have to check with Mat though.

vx220
Im in the northwest mate! Wouldnt want you to make a special stop off just for me! When the time comes i would want to make the journey down to you to have it fitted and then enjoy the drive home anyway lol! Im hopefully going to co-inside it with putting an itg maxogen on there as well so that its all done it one hit!

Well we may be able to supply you with the Maxogen aswell. Let us know when you're looking to buy. You've got some serious saving to do, BTB, ITG, remap........ lol

vx220
Tell me about it! All that along with a wedding this year!! But that can take a back seat to the car lol! When my kidney has reached the reserve on ebay i will let you know and be in touch!

artic blue 182 Cup
Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
Remember that the orbisoud only uses one back box though. BTB steered clear of this kind of design after previous experience with the PalmerSport 182's. They did some exhausts for the cars they run on their experience days and they used a single box design but had huge issues with noise. By the time they'd silenced them enough there was barely any difference in weight compared to a 2 box system. When we set out out the design spec to BTB we said that we didn't want it to be loud but to have a nice note to it.

Has anyone actually got a graph for an orbisoud? I spoke to BTB about the orbisoud and they thought that the 10 bhp gain they claim was probably a bit optimistic.

Surely, those 10 bhp are optimistic... not even racers (from clio cup) have those peak advantage figures... although they claim 10bhp "along all the rev range".
I'd really love to see an orbi'ed 182 graph too... but also from BTB... ;) and each compared to a OEM exhaust:rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to that sound clip of your car... a sweet exhaust note is very important for me... by the way... boomy while going in 3k-4k in fifth (motorways)?

cheers, thx for the info

YoShImUrA said:
Surely, those 10 bhp are optimistic... not even racers (from clio cup) have those peak advantage figures... although they claim 10bhp "along all the rev range".
I'd really love to see an orbi'ed 182 graph too... but also from BTB... ;) and each compared to a OEM exhaust:rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to that sound clip of your car... a sweet exhaust note is very important for me... by the way... boomy while going in 3k-4k in fifth (motorways)?

cheers, thx for the info

Obviously Mat spends more time than me in the car but afaik its only boomy at between 3 and 4k but thats only when you're accelerating, on part throttle cruise its fine and you can barely hear it. BTB went to great lengths to keep the cabin noise as low as possible. We have a graph with a before and after power run on it, we'll try and get it on here soon. It was in the back window of the car at FCS so a few people probably saw it.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I measured a race exhaust from Orbisoud a year ago and there was a gain of 9 hp between mid and higher revs. The lower revs there was a little loss of 2hp. You can feel the 5k kick little better
Weight is only 13.85 kg because of the 1 backbox. They don't care if it's noisy, it just has to perform