ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shed Motorsport 4 Pot Brake Kit

clio 200 F4Rt
well, its finally ready.

Shed Motorsport 4 Pot Brake Kit, designed exclusivly for us by CompBrake.

Kit uses a 4 Pot CompBrake Pro Race 3 calliper, with a 295mm x 24mm two peice disc.

Calliper is constructed from aircraft specification hard anodised aluminium, whilst the two peice disc use a CompBrake Powervane rotor combined with a high grade aluminium bell (or top hat).

Two peice disc is not only far lighter than a one peice disc, but more importantly allows some compliance to reduce the risk of distortion due to heat expansion to the rotor.

The mounting bell is individually designed and CNC machined for accuracy and hard anodised for durability.

The calliper has been carefully chosen for the clio, taking into account the size, weight and type of use the vehicle receives. The calliper has also been matched to the size of the master cylinder.

The kit has been designed to fit 182's, and 172's (phase 2)

The brake kit has been designed for fast road and track use in mind, and therefore has been design to fit behind a 15 inch wheel.

100_0841-vi.jpg

100_0845-vi.jpg

100_0869-vi.jpg

100_0871-vi.jpg

100_0879-vi.jpg

100_0882-vi.jpg

100_0883-vi.jpg

The cost of the kit (callipers, discs, brakets, bolts, pads and braided hoses) is 799.00 pounds. Although we are going to do an introductory offer of 759.00 pounds to the first 5 people that order a kit.

If people are intersted, or want more info, you can PM me, or send us an email at Info@shedmotorsort.com

Last edited:
  clio 200 F4Rt
i was waiting for someone to ask about the lack of corrosion seals!

yes they are sealed and Compbrake callipers do not require dust seals, as the caliper body is a hard anodised aircraft grade aluminium and incorporates stainless steel pistons, so therefore there is nothing to corrode.

Most people that will use this setup will be track day users, that will change wheels often, so a quick look to inspect them when doing so to make sure there is no problems is more than enough.

if there is a build up of dirt, it takes two seconds to remove a pad and wipe clean.

When i used to use hispec callipers, the corrosion seals on thsoe would tear and break often, so fairly pointless.

Lionel Richie
cool! (but i still see no need for them ;)) look like a good quality setup, is that a willwood/ap fitment pad? looks familiar

what are the costs for replacement pads and discs?? what pad compounds are available?

good work

clio 200 F4Rt
CompBrake only supply Hawk brake pads (used in Nascar, Indycar etc). But we are looking into other pads, as you say, they look like a well used design.

Hawk Pads are 83 pounds a set, so in line with standard calliper pads (DS2500's etc). Disc prices would need to be confirmed, but then its gonna be a while before anyone wears a set out, and being a two peice you only need to replcae the rotor.

Hawk pads come in 3 different compounds:

HPS - High Performance - Fast Road
HP Plus - High Performance - Track Day
HT15 - Full Race

Price will vary slightly.

fmp_ said:
CompBrake only supply Hawk brake pads (used in Nascar, Indycar etc). But we are looking into other pads, as you say, they look like a well used design.

Hawk Pads are 83 pounds a set, so in line with standard calliper pads (DS2500's etc). Disc prices would need to be confirmed, but then its gonna be a while before anyone wears a set out, and being a two peice you only need to replcae the rotor.

Hawk pads come in 3 different compounds:

HPS - High Performance - Fast Road
HP Plus - High Performance - Track Day
HT15 - Full Race

Price will vary slightly.
*Waits for Fred to buy a set, wear them out in 2 weeks, then ring up for a replacement*

lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
lookd good, and when you factor in teh new pads, discs and braided lines not a terrible price at all :)

Lionel Richie
does it come with rear lines too???

if you send me the pad details i can let you know what other alternatives are available if you're stuck

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
fmp_ said:

yes they are sealed and Compbrake callipers do not require dust seals, as the caliper body is a hard anodised aircraft grade aluminium and incorporates stainless steel pistons, so therefore there is nothing to corrode.

Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but doesnt aluminium and steel react when placed together? i forget what the process is called and im also not sure if it only happens with some grades.

172 M69 eater
Tom said:
Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but doesnt aluminium and steel react when placed together? i forget what the process is called and im also not sure if it only happens with some grades.

aye.. oxidization...

edit - damn beaten to it lol!

clio 200 F4Rt
i sthat stainless steel and aluminium?

evidently not a problem here, as Compbrake make all thier discs and callipers like that.

As for fitting a Mk1 172, not too sure to be honest, as not sure of the difference between the hubs with mk1's and mk2's. Would have to try and see!

As far as i am aware this is the only kit available that comes with 2 peice discs for the RS clio's (correct me if i am wrong tho) at this sort of price.

white16v - i would be suprised if anyone could wear a set out that quickly, even those 'crazy' yozzasport boys!! :D :D

Lionel Richie
fmp_ said:
i sthat stainless steel and aluminium?

evidently not a problem here, as Compbrake make all thier discs and callipers like that.

As for fitting a Mk1 172, not too sure to be honest, as not sure of the difference between the hubs with mk1's and mk2's. Would have to try and see!

As far as i am aware this is the only kit available that comes with 2 peice discs for the RS clio's (correct me if i am wrong tho) at this sort of price.

white16v - i would be suprised if anyone could wear a set out that quickly, even those 'crazy' yozzasport boys!! :D :D

another company does a Wilwood kit with a 2 piece disc

they'll fit mk1 172's no problem

can't wait to see you on track boyo!!! Renault Sport day at Cadwell in september????

clio 200 F4Rt
ah right, wasnt too sure fred!

as for the track day, will have to see about that one, but it will be good once a few of us get the chance to mix it up!!!

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Tom said:

The process is called galvanic corrosion. All elements have a place in the galvanic series and when two different elements are placed together the element lowest in the series corrodes first. e.g. oil rigs that are constructed from steel have Zinc ingots bolted to them, because zinc is lower in the series the zinc corrodes instead of the steel, protecting the structure of the oil rig.

When it comes to the construction of the callipers everything is skewed slightly as both of the materials involved are alloys. Also the aerospace industry is the most demanding on earth (more so than F1 or anything else) for obvious reasons and requires materials that are highly resistant to corrosion. You can be assured that you should never have any problems with corrosion with the compbrake callipers, as Mat has already stated, just give em a wipe and a blast with some brake cleaner whenever you get the chance.

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
The process is called galvanic corrosion. All elements have a place in the galvanic series and when two different elements are placed together the element lowest in the series corrodes first. e.g. oil rigs that are constructed from steel have Zinc ingots bolted to them, because zinc is lower in the series the zinc corrodes instead of the steel, protecting the structure of the oil rig.

When it comes to the construction of the callipers everything is skewed slightly as both of the materials involved are alloys. Also the aerospace industry is the most demanding on earth (more so than F1 or anything else) for obvious reasons and requires materials that are highly resistant to corrosion. You can be assured that you should never have any problems with corrosion with the compbrake callipers, as Mat has already stated, just give em a wipe and a blast with some brake cleaner whenever you get the chance.

Quite right.

Although you may still have a slight issue with the stainless steel being attacked by chlorides from road salt in the winter. Check the pistons for pitting and possibly even stress corrossion cracking, although the pistons should not be stressed.

I'd be very interested in a set once my wife is back at work after pupping our second born!

Steve

fmp_ said:

I don't mean thios to be an insult on your product (I believe 4 pots are needed on Clios I used to have a set) just as a personal annoyance though.

Aircraft grade means nothing, aircraft materials are picked fit for purpose. All it means is it could be used on aircraft doesn't mean its any good just its made to a quality and tolerances to which the aircraft industry requir. Ktec did (might still do) advertise there stuff as having aircraft grade aluminium but noone says what grade and which aircraft use there material in a similar situation.
You could have use aircraft grade material but if its not suited to the task normal B and Q alumium would be just as good. Whats ort of treatments do you apply to the metal anodised/plated/anealing/shot peened/grain struture and direct/heat treated etc.

Turbo Beige
The kit looks very good, are you on a stand at trax or just doing track time, becasue i would like to have a look. Is the caliper avaliable in other colours, ie silver?

clio 200 F4Rt
edde - i agree with what you say, but evidently the materials compbrake use work well, as they have been trading for 20 years. I will try and find out what grade the aluminium is.

PYE21 - yes we will be on the cliosport stand, and out in the track session. Will also be swapping our wheels over (for track wheels) so if you want a closer look keep your eye's peeled!

16v jon - ipressume galfer are a make?? (not heard of them before), but no, they are compbrake powervane discs.

Steve vRS - good stuff, give us a shout when your ready!

Clio 197
Damn... I'd have been interested in this kit last September/October!!

She's going in January... so there' no point. :( :( :(

clio 200 F4Rt
Oms - sorry to hear that!

The kit had its first outing at the Trax show, and performed extremely well.

Pedal feel is far superior to standard, wioth far more modulation. Brakes are supremely powerful and put the standard stoppers to shame.