ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet turkish rs2 ish one...results so far

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi mate sorry very busy today had the silenced pms centre fitted.Much better no drone etc,inlet is very quiet compared to ktecs or fattys induction set up,took me by surprise.Rad is now fixed guy made another bracket for it,inlet is going off for fresh carbon as the grill has marked and dented the front of it :anguished:.Other than that all good hoping too come up after xmas and get it on rolling road at EFI
Thanks for asking anyway Al

Track 172 Cup
There is a rolling road day @ efi - Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 10:00am

Hi mate sorry very busy today had the silenced pms centre fitted.Much better no drone etc,inlet is very quiet compared to ktecs or fattys induction set up,took me by surprise.Rad is now fixed guy made another bracket for it,inlet is going off for fresh carbon as the grill has marked and dented the front of it :anguished:.Other than that all good hoping too come up after xmas and get it on rolling road at EFI
Thanks for asking anyway Al

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Considering i have the 50mm extension s was told its doing 185,bit peed tbh.Must be the secret cam timing trick 😂

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I will its not what i thought it would be after a long drive the other day.What else spec on the car and what filter.

Clio 172 2002
I don't get it, coming off from the other thread with the sellers responses ( what a prick ) I thought it's worse than OEM inlet ? or was it because it wasn't mapped ? so now it's mapped and it's magical ?

Clio 172 2002
Well I still don't get it, I dont see how it's so much better than the OEM setup. Maybe some one can tell me what im missing here ? I mean the OEM setup is better in like 90% of the RPM range. Am i missing anything obvious ?
oFrgHEZ.jpg

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
When i was getting mine mapped at rs paul said he could have probably cracked the 200bhp barrier but at a cost to the lower rev range power delivery/tourqe as i wanted the driveability more than top end figures i told him not to bother. It has transformed the car in my opinion and it pulls really well.

It's strange, as the AFR on the vehicle I tested it on, showed it was rich, with a lower duty cycle against a very well matched set of inlets and a KTR induction kit. And then the rs2 showed it was flowing better after 4000rpm against this setup. I was hoping it was going to work as this was all before I was offered the opportunity to be the vendor for he rs2, so was looking for a well flowing inlet against the standard.

However all it shows really, that we already know is that these vehicles differ dramatically from one to the next.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
So Carl its made about 16bhp with the inlet alone?.Quality of the mapper then?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
True but its shocking figures for what was supposed to be inferior too the rs2,dont get me wrong i like the rs2 but this sounds like its much better low end.Mine is flat bottom end and better top end from 4000rpm below that the car feels flat

What I found on Alex's was the rs2 was better up above 4000rpm, the sm was better below. We need 5 cars to do back to back tests on each to get a fair trial on each. But I only had the 1 car, and I was curious as everyone else was which is why I did the test (in my own time as well) and quickly completed a graph with all 3 on to show what I'd seen. Mapping them would have got better results and dynoing them would've been more beneficial, but I didn't have the time to take the car to the dyno and pay for a days dyno hire to have a look.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
You did say mine was doing 185bhp after fitting guessing,having had 172s and a 182 the cup feels better than the 182 i had off the mark.The rs2 xtras i read 1 did 194 other 197bhp,so 185 is disappointing agree?

I can put it on the rolling road if you like Alex, I did say it's atleast 185, but that's all I said. You know I didn't rolling road it, and I did give you the option. Going on the fuel figures I've seen on yours and what others usually do 190+ but I'm not one to say oh yes it's doing 200bhp and it then turn out at 190.

330i. E30 Touring.
So basically all agree SM > RS2 > OEM ? I think more tests are needed.

Bingo.

Peak power figure means absolutely nothing, IMO.

At this stage, i'd still be going RS2, because the gains and driveability are proven on many vehicles. The solution is almost perfected, no tapping/moving holes, no dodgy packaging from the other side of Timbucktoo, reliable retailer.

All in all for me, what a dyno says figure wise is irrelevant. I've spent a lot of time in RS2'd cars, and they drive how a 1*2 should have out of the box IMO. This new one may prove to be equal or better, but i'm holding judgement until those kind of gains are proven across a whole range of examples.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Bingo.

Peak power figure means absolutely nothing, IMO.

At this stage, i'd still be going RS2, because the gains and driveability are proven on many vehicles. The solution is almost perfected, no tapping/moving holes, no dodgy packaging from the other side of Timbucktoo, reliable retailer.

All in all for me, what a dyno says figure wise is irrelevant. I've spent a lot of time in RS2'd cars, and they drive how a 1*2 should have out of the box IMO. This new one may prove to be equal or better, but i'm holding judgement until those kind of gains are proven across a whole range of examples.
Good reply,not slating rs2 far from it,lovely piece of kit maybe having the bigger runners on mine loses low down torque ?But gains it elsewhere

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I rang Efi Keith at 4pm,will go up after xmas if your not far your welcome to see what it does