ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snapped engine (dogbone) mount

Reet, thing is i replaced this mount just less than 3 weeks ago. The other thing is i dunno if i did it right, i must have overtightened the bolts maybe??? wtf would it be??
And could someone please give me a step by step, for dummies, guide on how to change it. because im gunna do it again ;)

Cheers......
Dan

M

mini-valver

Id like this too please, gonna put a powerflex bush in there!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
only time ive seen one snap is when my driveshaft went causing the gearbox to lock up and snapping the mount. car needed a new gearbox, driveshaft, mount, cat/downpipe.

as for replacing it its easy,

use a socket and a hammer to get the old bushes out, put the new powerflex polly ones in.
its 2 bolts that hold the mount on, i prefer to use a jack under the engine to hold it in place so its easy to bolt the mount back on again as the engine doesnt move when you take the mount off.

Reet, thing is i replaced this mount just less than 3 weeks ago. The other thing is i dunno if i did it right, i must have overtightened the bolts maybe??? wtf would it be??
And could someone please give me a step by step, for dummies, guide on how to change it. because im gunna do it again ;)

Cheers......
Dan

Undo both 16mm nuts and slide out the bolts, remove mount, put in new mount(only use genuine mounts, pattern parts dont last!), put in both 16mm bolts and do up.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Powerflex bushes make a massive difference!! i always said if i get another clio, only mods ill be doing is suspension and powerflex bushes in the mount.

the gearstick has no movement at all in it, it feels much tighter and better to drive

replaced it, i think i overtightened it, and also had the engine too high jacked up, its reet i hope this time. cheers for your help.