ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I went to Renault....

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I recently got a bargain buy of some Megane Nervasports from eBay, which are currently at city Powdercoating being done.

The centre caps like the wheels, are a bit tatty, so whilst in town, took a trip to Renault to enquire as to how much new ones were.

£20 each?! For a bit of plastic! Are they all around that sort of price? :clown:

Looks like I'll be spraying them myself instead.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I hate Renault, The quoted me £600 for a waterpump (inc belts which don't need doing).

I still need the waterpump replacing as it leaks, but I don't where to look to get it done cheaper as most of my income goes on petrol and insurance lol.

Renault Clio 172
Tell me about it, went in Renault to buy the plastic cover covering the oil filler, had brought the car and it had been missing, they quoted me £46 for a bit of plastic about 4" x 6", bloody joke! Ended up going on eBay and got the whole engine cover for a tenner.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I hate Renault, The quoted me £600 for a waterpump (inc belts which don't need doing).

I still need the waterpump replacing as it leaks, but I don't where to look to get it done cheaper as most of my income goes on petrol and insurance lol.

Pretty sure you're meant to replace belts when doing waterpump

A.N. Other
My local Renault want to charge over £50 for 3litres of the Elf gearbox oil AND i'd have to take a container for it myself - I can get 5 litres delivered for less!

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I complained to Renault before due to a aux tensioner that failed and collapsed. It took the staff their over 30mins for them to turn around and ring Renault UK. They didn't want to know and tried telling me that the parts fitted could just be the genuine parts that the car came with. There for I've never had them changed due to the fact that I had them fitted at APD at the time.

Said to me that there was nothing they could do for me except offer me a free ' health check '. Considering a was say outside the sales room with free health check plastered I've a poster I hung up and went on my merry way. b******s. Lol.

182 T
Standard dealers, when I bought mine they said they'd replace the steering wheel and claimed all the belts had been done. When I went to get it and looked in the service history the Aux had been done without the deph and the cam and they'd sanded the steering wheel melt off and not even bothered to hoover it off properly. Rapidly knocked 800quid off it. It's half lies and half ignorance. Most of the time they don't actually know!.

I know they recommend changing the belts with pump but the belts have only covered 6/7k since they where fitted last year..

Doesn't really matter - coolant leaking onto the belt will mean it could snap. You'd be daft not to do the belt at the same time considering it has to come off to get to the water pump

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Yep. OZ f1 centre caps were priced at £16 each. Ebay may be your friend

Jeez, I paid £5 each from Renault a year ago. There's 2 centre caps on Dialogys that look similar to each other and some parts people get em mixed up, 1 is about £16 and 1 is £5. Unless you quoted the part number that's on the back of the centre cap to them