ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So, who's looking forward to the 2013 Mk4 Renaulsport Clio Williams 230 1.6t Cup?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Why don't Renault just take a 370Z, wrap a sophisticated European coupe body round it, sprinkle a bit of RenaultSport magic, badge it as an Alpine and put it on sale?

Because it has the potential of being reliable... can't be having that with a French car.

Ph2 Clio 172
Lol.

VW have put their DCT into things as small as the Polo GTI, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Clio gets a similar option too.

So long as its an option and people can still choose a proper manual (and more importantly, lighter) gearbox then that will be fine :)

Nothing wrong with heading towards turbo power IMO.

I really like the power delivering in the R56 cooper S, despite its reliability issues (originally a Peugeot lump as far as I'm aware, same as used in the THP 207 GTI).

Same can be said for the Corsa VXR and the small vag group 1.4 TSI's.

Granted the revvy-ness of the 2.0 Clio has always been one of its defining characteristics, however its unlikely that Renault are gonna chuck some HUGH TC under the bonnet with bundles of lag. Sure it'll still feel spritely and eager to please.

Ph2 Clio 172
Yep, and an extra 30bhp simply from a remap will be very welcome!

You must have to spend about £5000 to get 30bhp more from a 182.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
tbh I dont expect they will be laggy at all. I've got a Celica GT4, which is 16years old and doesn't really suffer from turbo lag and my mates STI Prodrive has power as soon as you push the loud pedal. Turbo technology has moved on. If its done properly the only noteable difference will be in gear torque and a lower redline..