ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So, who's looking forward to the 2013 Mk4 Renaulsport Clio Williams 230 1.6t Cup?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Hopefully with it being a turbo, it might actually make the power quoted, or even more if they are like the new RS Meggies...

210bhp I reckon.

100% right. The 172 (168 hp) = 160ish hp in reality and 182's not much more so at least the Clio might get the power that's being quoted.

Ph2 Clio 172
Recommended Renault service interval: 36,000 miles - change Turbo

:)

Matthew has the right idea though, there are some big positives to a turbo engine.

Listerine & Poledo
I bet Paul at RS Tuning will be rubbing his hands together at this.

Remaps that are actually worth doing. Lol

30bhp gain for £350 anyone? ;)

Only after the warranty is over.

by which time you'll want rid before the entire drivetrain melts

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah, but if Renault have any sence they will release 'special' versions for £3000 more with a 30bhp remap and some exclusive wheels.

For reference: See VW Golfs :)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Next Clio should have 220BHP and the Meggy should then get boosted up to 260-265BHP. Then Renault will once again s**t on every other hot-hatch. :D

Direct injection and a turbo gets me reasonably excited, I heard a Juke with a DiG-T engine ticking over the other day, sounded pretty good when rev'ed. The engine has 187BHP in the Juke and it does 0-60 in 7.7 seconds with a 134MPH top end. So if boosted up to 220BHP+ it could be a nice little engine.

If the engine is any where near as exciting as the MultiAir Fiat lumps then it'll be all good.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It's just a partnership, Renault own some of Nissan and Nissan own some of Renault and they share r&d, engines etc.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
It's just a partnership, Renault own some of Nissan and Nissan own some of Renault and they share r&d, engines etc.

WikiPenisia said:
In 1999, with Nissan facing severe financial difficulties, Nissan entered an alliance with Renault S.A. of France.

Signed on March 27, 1999, the Renault-Nissan Alliance is the first of its kind involving a Japanese and French car manufacturer, each with its own distinct corporate culture and brand identity. The same year, Renault appointed its own Chief Operating Officer, Carlos Ghosn, as Chief Operating Officer of Nissan and took a 22.5% stake in Nissan Diesel. Later that year, Nissan fired its top Japanese executives.

The Renault-Nissan Alliance has evolved over years to Renault holding 44.3% of Nissan shares, while Nissan holds 15% of Renault shares which does not give Nissan a voting or board representation due to legal restriction in France.

Basically, Nissan is Renault's bitchboy.

MCS R56
I bet Paul at RS Tuning will be rubbing his hands together at this.

Remaps that are actually worth doing. Lol

30bhp gain for £350 anyone? ;)

Already get this on my diesel. A Clio turbo does sound appealing though, as long as it doesn't look like a 200. Something like the MCS engine would be nice. Revvy enough, torquey and good mpg.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Most of the current Nissans use Renault platforms. The Micra uses a Clio B one currently. French chassis > Jap Dullness.

260% JCW
Hopefully with it being a turbo, it might actually make the power quoted, or even more if they are like the new RS Meggies...

210bhp I reckon.

Our Mini was bog standard apart from a filter and made 194hp....... Gotta love Boost.

The Megane is already at 260 in Trophy spec and Ford have announced the new FRS will use the 2ltr 4 pot Eco boost with 300+hp. By 2013 no doubt the next version of Clios and Corsa Vxrs will be putting out 210+hp maybe more.

I'm also hoping Ford will release a Fiesta RS......

M135i
Why don't Renault just take a 370Z, wrap a sophisticated European coupe body round it, sprinkle a bit of RenaultSport magic, badge it as an Alpine and put it on sale?