ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some nice shots of my replacement 172cup. 'T6 CUP' plus some Bedford pics

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
My old Clio 172cup unfortunately died in a roll at Bedford! but most of the good bits survived and have now gone into a new car! :cool:

I took a four of my cars to Bedford last saturday and my brother in law ended up driving my Clio home. He LOVES it now and as a thanks for letting him hammer it on track he gave it a clean and took some shots of it for me.
Thought I would share!

06180575.jpg

a18bcd86.jpg

b880a988.jpg

edc2022d.jpg

3b581f00.jpg

16a46d44.jpg

57e14f48.jpg

7d0f7e38.jpg

254c0a7f.jpg

80397665.jpg

ae23cfd9.jpg

b9710a76.jpg

c69be6db.jpg

cce8f221.jpg

dc6059c9.jpg

e5b79086.jpg

64bc2643.jpg

26e81415.jpg

Was great day at Bedford with all these to play with and the sun shining!
5a9ae0f6.jpg

1d9f22f4.jpg

56cafb52.jpg

Will post some more pics of the trackday when they have uploaded... the highlight of the day though was playing with my mate in our Cosworth powered westys! These 2 have over 1000bhp between them!!!! was NUTS!
6b46e7ee.jpg

e08839b2.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Simply awesome mate, a fantastic example of a cup!

Photographs came out superb mate, oh did I mention 2118's are for hero's. :eek:

LY 182
That is quite possibly my favourite Arctic ever. Looks frickin' awesome that!

Still love the fact you have all these awesome cars and still love the Clio! Legend.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Thanks guys, will show Antony my bro in law this link. He takes some great shots and will appreciate the feedback.

Loving the way it looks.

Thinking of loosing the RenaultF1 sticker though. thoughts?

also have black sunstrip for screen to go on...

and was thinking about changing the Tiny little badges on door pillars that say '172' to say '200' in the same Yellow font as thats what power its kicking out now. (its on ITB's and Omex management) is that gash or cool idea?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Simply awesome mate, a fantastic example of a cup!

Photographs came out superb mate, oh did I mention 2118's are for hero's. :eek:

I agree :)

I actually have 3 sets of speedlines. 888's in black for road. Anthacite with Dunlop slicks. and the Silver ones now have Dunlop wet slicks on :)
IMG_0131.jpg

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Brilliant!

Although the wheel bolts let it down a bit :(

Agree, my first cup was modded for stud and nuts... had some nice black wheel nuts.

This one will be as well. Looks better and make it MUCH easier to change wheels in a hurry at a trackday.

Z4 Coupe
That cup is stunning! Looks like an awesome day! I want 2118's and you have 3 sets!

Git:rasp:

Flame Red 172
Great collection of cars you have there mate, clio looks top notch. I want one of those westfields !

Ollie's Silver Cup
Great photos! :approve:

Really like your new cup; was it running the 'bodies when you bought it? Or, have you had the ITB work done?

Westy is my favourite, I think :evil:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Thinking of loosing the RenaultF1 sticker though. thoughts?

You've actually made me want to put mine on now, lol

As for the old cup..... you have a habit of having cars roll on you Lee :dapprove:

172 Cup
Lovely cup matey!! I really really like this it is very clean yet still tracked, and i think the blue speedline writing on the 2118's compliments the mondial paint work well...nice touch ;)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Lovely cup matey!! I really really like this it is very clean yet still tracked, and i think the blue speedline writing on the 2118's compliments the mondial paint work well...nice touch ;)

me too... so much so that I think I gave just ordered some more blue speedline stickers and will have all the wheels done in black rather than silver and anthacite

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Great photos! :approve:

Really like your new cup; was it running the 'bodies when you bought it? Or, have you had the ITB work done?

Westy is my favourite, I think :evil:

I had the old car fitted with ITB's and Omex ECU and Gripper plated diff and uprated clutch by Jamsport. All this was then taken from old car and put into new one.

Westy is NUTS.... was leaving two HUGE wide black ' 11's ' everywhere at Bedford. Felt amazing trying to keep it straight whilst banging through the Sequential box. I got out feeling like a proper hero driver! and was also shaking... its SCARY!

have some videos from inside all the cars from the day. Westy is just on another planet.... best vids are from the Lotus and the Ferrari though as had some awesome battles withg some mates and a dude in a GT3

will post links if people want?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Westy sounds fun/handful!! :approve:

Definitely interested in having a look at the videos :)

I'm sure the majority would also!

Lotus Exige, 182
I was there on Saturday with the grey megane, so all of those are yours? Had a good look over the 172, looked nicely sorted - I'd lose the stickers personally though. Was more impressed with your exige though! I had a passenger ride in the orange NA one that was there and it made me want one even more.

I didn't see you take the ferrari out on track...

ETA: Links to vids please!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I was there on Saturday with the grey megane, so all of those are yours? Had a good look over the 172, looked nicely sorted - I'd lose the stickers personally though. Was more impressed with your exige though! I had a passenger ride in the orange NA one that was there and it made me want one even more.

I didn't see you take the ferrari out on track...

ETA: Links to vids please!

Yes all mine. Ferrari was out late on. Had a good tear up with the other 430 that was there.... will upload vids and post. Ferrari is VERY capable on track and alot of fun. ALOT faster than I was expecting it to be when I bought it to be honest! I mean nothing troubled me in my ExigeS all day as I know Bedford VERY well... and Ferrari is ALOT faster even just on normal Pirellis... Will get some Corsas for it next time it needs tires.

I wasn't out in it till later on as I had both my girlfriend and my sis and bro in law there and my uncle. So I spent alot of my time in passenger seat instructing and making sure they were having fun rather actually driving the cars myself!!!! (hence why one minute they were flying and the next going slowly!!! was lots of different drivers in them!)

Am at Bedford this friday again.... I will take some videos from in the Clio. It goes VERY well for what is. Awesome little thing! Would definately fancy my chances against the orange NA Exige around Bedford thats for sure ;) I know that place inside out :)

Lotus Exige, 182
Yes all mine. Ferrari was out late on. Had a good tear up with the other 430 that was there.... will upload vids and post. Ferrari is VERY capable on track and alot of fun. ALOT faster than I was expecting it to be when I bought it to be honest! I mean nothing troubled me in my ExigeS all day as I know Bedford VERY well... and Ferrari is ALOT faster even just on normal Pirellis... Will get some Corsas for it next time it needs tires.

I wasn't out in it till later on as I had both my girlfriend and my sis and bro in law there and my uncle. So I spent alot of my time in passenger seat instructing and making sure they were having fun rather actually driving the cars myself!!!! (hence why one minute they were flying and the next going slowly!!! was lots of different drivers in them!)

Am at Bedford this friday again.... I will take some videos from in the Clio. It goes VERY well for what is. Awesome little thing! Would definately fancy my chances against the orange NA Exige around Bedford thats for sure ;) I know that place inside out :)

Lucky you, I go 3 or 4 times a year and then a few other places on top - so I suppose you didn't mind the over booking and not getting on track till 10am! Hopefully off to Donnington at end of month (with ET again...) assuming I can get the holiday from work.

I don't think the orange NA exige was pushing terribly hard. His cornering speeds were still 10/15 mph more than my megane, and nothing overtook us in the 4/5 laps I passengered, but it's more how it drives that I loved, and also reving to over 8000 RPM. I had a 182 before (not stripped/slicked etc like yours) and it was lots of fun, but nothing like the exige. Thinking about it, given how your 172 is stripped + running 200hp + on slicks, you've probably got a better power to weight ratio and more cornering grip, so you really should be significantly quicker than a pretty standard NA exige in all honesty.

NB - I don't recall having to move over for your clio in my 250 on Saturday! ;)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Lucky you, I go 3 or 4 times a year and then a few other places on top - so I suppose you didn't mind the over booking and not getting on track till 10am! Hopefully off to Donnington at end of month (with ET again...) assuming I can get the holiday from work.

NB - I don't recall having to move over for your clio in my 250 on Saturday! ;)

Sadly, I didn't even do one lap in the Clio... ;)

was being hogged by my sister and her husband and my uncle! it was out all day and didnt skip a beat

Yes it was manic at the start huh!

If you are free on friday night, come down to bedford. Will take you out in Exige and Clio :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Oh my. They are some great photos.
Are you a member of some elusive cherished plate club? lol.

hahah I have few more cars as well... and yep! all have personal plates!

very chav I know, BUT I am from Essex... its kinda the law ;)