ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soton meet - 306 hdi racing

just got back, was an unbelievable turnout! i counted over 40 cars when we first moved car parks and more were still coming in!!!

thanx everyone for coming... was excellent!!

got some video footage waiting to be sent to me from neilpugs mate (mailto:ben@cliosport16v.net">ben@cliosport16v.net) of the main event.. 306 hdi vs clio 16v!!

well we had a 172 behind doing the filming. he beeps we go.

to make it fairer i had james G in my car with me and started off at only 2000 revs.. we pull away pretty side by side... till that magical 16v point and brooooooom bye bye....... - will wait for the video to see the fun we had.. was wicked!!

oh and ask james G how to wheelspin everyone.. - LOL

mk2 172

ben, according to the pug forum your car has headwork, and is faster than your mates 172, is this true or a struggle to admit defeat!

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

it was a turbo d, bens car doesnt have head work done.

Excuses - my race wasnt done right. no actual beep to go. plus was too much revs = wheelspin. too icy on my side of road. car not warmed up. i screwed it up. :oops:

Zafira and GSXR

was a good night got done by Ben but wasted James :)

I thought Ben had some slight head work but no cam, so sorry for the mix up. Was going alright down the second stright untill ben missed 3rd and gave up. ;).

I still think I would give a STANDARD 16v a hard time.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Ben, I thought urs was almost standard mate?

Sounds like another fun meet, nothing ever happens round here! boring!

lol james the last 4 words were right!

my car has no headwork or cams... and give it credit the hdi was quite shifty.. just not enough ;) ! )plus if i planted it from start properly id have been a lot further in front!)

Neil, wheres ya mates video? get it e-mailed mate..

and fancy doing another meet in a months (ish) time. post it everywhere again.. see if we can get that many people there again.. it was an unbelievable turnout!! - after u left , more people arrived still!!!

had to be at least 60 different cars by the end of the night

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 23 February 2003

lol james the last 4 words were right!

my car has no headwork or cams... and give it credit the hdi was quite shifty.. just not enough ;) ! )plus if i planted it from start properly id have been a lot further in front!)

Neil, wheres ya mates video? get it e-mailed mate..

and fancy doing another meet in a months (ish) time. post it everywhere again.. see if we can get that many people there again.. it was an unbelievable turnout!! - after u left , more people arrived still!!!

had to be at least 60 different cars by the end of the night
Damn it should has stayed but my mate was moaning he was cold lol.

need that video.. go badger ya mate.. who we still dont know the name of except, neils mate with the 172 - lol

Zafira and GSXR

Might be a little while for the vid because he has got to re install the software again but should be next week some time, sorry

Hi im "Neils Mate" - Just finished creating the vid and im about to email it to Ben so that he can host it and we can all have a look!

Please forgive the quality as it was my first attempt at reocording with the camcorder in the car (plus to remove the crap music that was playing at the time - lol).

Williams 2, STi N12

Got the feelin I should of stayed..too tired after been up at 5.30 to prepare for the rally.

Next time boys..next time.

neils gonna try get the video on tonite. there having problems with it. should be done hopefully tonite..

(i think he takin his time to edit it in his favour - watch for background changes people ;))

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

whos the loser? well the only time the 306 got in front was cos benny boy braked earlier. Good effort though mate, and your pug looks mint!!!! Well done!!