ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacer literally "welded" onto front hub/disc

Yea will do mate. Cheers.
Only thing is, Im not sure how tight to bolt the spacer to the hub. I can't have it really loose, because otherwise the bolt heads don't sit flush with the spacer, and wheel doesn't go on. But still loose enough to just undo with my fingers.

SQ5
Right this is easy surely?

Jack both sides up and remove both front wheels. Put two bolts back In the space.

Wedge a crowbar, 2-3 foot one, through the bolts and it should rest on the floor.

Get in car and put it in gear and start to accelerate slowly.

This may work, or it may not

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
So you havent tried fairy dust yet? Its easy just sprinkle it on and it will fall off, make sure you say the magic word though (abracadabra)

Clio 200 Cup
You deserve a slow hand clap.

Looking at the OP's photo at the start of this thread, there are no 'big' bolts holding the disc/spacer on the hub - there can only be the small retaining screws holding the disc on (can't remember if its one or two small screws). I can see four-off counter sunk holes for big bolts to secure the spacer and the disk to the hub, and four-off tapped holes in the spacer which are used to bolt the wheel to the spacer. None of these holes have bolts in...

Sooooo.....in a worst case scenario the OP could drill the spacer where the locating screws are and deal with them, or break the screws with some brute force and ignorance (I can think of three ways to do this). I don't like this method, but its got to be more effective than squirting oven cleaner at it.

Then fit new discs.

Must be a lesson in here somewhere about the use of anti-sieze compound.

I always clap slowly 'cos otherwise I flick dribble all over the place.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Looking at the OP's photo at the start of this thread, there are no 'big' bolts holding the disc/spacer on the hub - there can only be the small retaining screws holding the disc on (can't remember if its one or two small screws). I can see four-off counter sunk holes for big bolts to secure the spacer and the disk to the hub, and four-off tapped holes in the spacer which are used to bolt the wheel to the spacer. None of these holes have bolts in...

Sooooo.....in a worst case scenario the OP could drill the spacer where the locating screws are and deal with them, or break the screws with some brute force and ignorance (I can think of three ways to do this). I don't like this method, but its got to be more effective than squirting oven cleaner at it.

Then fit new discs.

Must be a lesson in here somewhere about the use of anti-sieze compound.

I always clap slowly 'cos otherwise I flick dribble all over the place.

Slow clap again?

(All mentioned on previous page)

182cup & 172 racecar
At least it's off, if I lived closer I would have got it off for you.

But all's good,live and learn eh.;)

At least it's off, if I lived closer I would have got it off for you.

But all's good,live and learn eh.;)

Exactly haha! Life wouldn't be fun if we each knew the answer to everything!
That's what forums are for.

Note: For anyone who searches and finds this thread in the future:
-If fitting spacers, put copper grease between it and the hub to stop it seizing
-If spacer has seized, use Tony's method, and/or heat it with a blowtorch. Do not butcher it, and you thumb, like me!

End of lesson.