ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline Turinis ET35 or CUP Wheels

182 Trophy
Hey Guys,

I have a Ph2 172 and will be getting some Turinis very soon. I can get them from speedline direct in ET35 or ET40 OR from Renault with diamonds in ET38 (172 Cup) but they will be alot cheaper from Speedline I found out after ringing them. My question is will the ET35 offset be ok on my car with either 205/45/16 or 195/45/16 tyres? I want the wheels to fill the arches as much as possible wihtout effecting handling or rubbing but......

I do have plans to fit coilovers in the near future so that has to be considered.

Thanks Alot :)

Matt

182 Trophy
Yeah like Rory says I definatley don't want to come out any more than the ET35. Spoke to speedline today and the guy recommends ET40 as its only 1.5mm further in that the cup wheels. But, i think id rather have the renualt supplied ones in ET38.5 with diamonds so ive answered my own question. Thanks for your replys chaps.

Trophy #473
Speedline Turinis and Renault speedline turinis are differnt, renault caps will only fit in renault turinis, Renault turinis also have a deeper dish on the nut area if you get me.
172 cup offset will fill the arches more. The lesser the offset the more they will 'stick out'.

182 Trophy
Ah i didnt realise that the actual wheel was different. I understand about the caps and the offset so i think ill be getting them from renault as i would quite like to have the renault caps. Do they come with the wheels or are they extra?

182 Trophy
lol yeh was just doing that. I see what you mean, the Renault ones seem to be deeper dish and more rounded near the wheel nuts. The speedline ones seem to be shallower and not as smooth around the bolts. Thanks for pointing that out mate, never would have noticed :) Rnault informed me just now that they can supply them in black....never knew this either so now have decide between black and silver. choices choices

182 Trophy
good old renault dealer though....told me to google a 182 cup to find out what shade of black the black turinis come in from renault. Just....NO!

182 Trophy
Decided to get them direct from Speedline. Anybody have a definitive answer as to whether i'm ok to run ET35 Turinis on my 172?

Current wheels are O.Z Ultraleggeras 17" ET37 with 205/40/17. Seem to be fine, no rubbing with 30mm Eibach springs, so will coming out that extra 2mm each side cause problems?

Dodgy one
I have 37s on my 182 and i'm wound down about 60mm, Pushing on a bit it scrubs on the bumper bracket still and occasionally catches on the back, Its a risk but if your prepared to do a bit of modifying to get them to fit if it does catch go for it

Renaultsport Clio 172
I had OZ superturismos in ET35 and it rubbed a bit at the back and in the front, but very minimal, I would go 35's for the look and the improved track with. Setting a bit more camber in the front cures rubbing completely, and at the back, if you go 195/45/16 you won't have any problem, plus the tire will be a tiny lighter

So go for 35's and 195/45/16 alround