ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 & Clio 1.4
Could be the earthstrap on the gearbox. Mine was green with mold but looked okay. When i took it off it fell apart in my hands. Search for earth strap and you should see my thread.

Clio 172
You say the engine wont turn over when bump starting as something is stopping it, that something wont be the immobaliser, it will be something internally. Ideally you should try turning it over by cranking it clockwise on the crank pulley bolt, if it wont turn over then you can save spending money on keys/earth straps and whatelse, the engine will have something seriously wrong internally.

if battery is good and the earth on the back of the gearbox to the loom is ok lock the car with the fob, unlock it, ignition on but don't try and start the car, leave it on for thrity seconds to a minute, turn it off, lock the car with the fob, unlock again, switch ignition back on and after couple of seconds the imobiliser light should go out, then start the car:wink:

although don't be surprised if it turns out the car wouldn't start due to previous owner having problems with it and just blamed the battery.

@bloke you're my hero mate, just had this problem after disconnecting my battery while I was working on the car. Thanks to your comment I'm all sorted again, thank you :)