ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Column Radio Remote - fallen out

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Hey

As the title suggests, the steering column radio remote on my 2005 clio 182 has come off. Looks like a tiny clip has broken and hence whole unit has fallen out, which is annoying.

have got the part number etc for it, but am wondering if anyone has fitted one of these? it looks very easy, just plug in the wires and slot the unit into the gap, but I just wanted to make sure I was not missing a trick!

thanks guys

jon

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
If it looks simple, it's probably not lol.

Should be easy enough if you know your arse from a badger.

172 cup'd extreme
Hot glue gun - glue the edges and shove it back in its hole, hold it in for a minute and voila its fixed. The glue isnt mega strong so if any work needs to be done around the column it can still be removed.

LY 182
Hey

As the title suggests, the steering column radio remote on my 2005 clio 182 has come off. Looks like a tiny clip has broken and hence whole unit has fallen out, which is annoying.

have got the part number etc for it, but am wondering if anyone has fitted one of these? it looks very easy, just plug in the wires and slot the unit into the gap, but I just wanted to make sure I was not missing a trick!

thanks guys

jon
its a sod to change dash top off as the wire runs behind everything and plugs direct in to the back of the little clock screen in the middle of the dash

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Hey

thanks guys

jon
its a sod to change dash top off as the wire runs behind everything and plugs direct in to the back of the little clock screen in the middle of the dash

I dont need to rewire the thing, the plug is now sitting vacant on the right side of the steering column. Just trying to work out if the new controller will just click into place

thanks